NOT CROSS FORUM NRL 2022 Round 10 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't care less about the draw.
I'd like us to play the top 4 twice every year. You don't improve with easy wins.

The good thing for the Cows is that a soft draw builds confidence and confidence really is 90% of a win.

The other thing is there are like 3 and a half good teams in the comp at the minute so if you are a confident team, you can easily be that next level down and fake it til you make it up there.
Exactly ... a soft draw at the start allows you time to build combinations and work on the stuff you've been doing all preseason.

It's not as important when you're a storm, penrith, eels, etc. because the structures and systems are ingrained from the previous years.

I bet JD would've liked a soft draw to start the year, just to give his team some time to get used to life without Reynolds, but they had an absolute mongrel draw to start and have been chasing ever since along with massive media pressure.

Tigers had a pretty rough draw to start the year, so much so that it was looking like when would they get a win... that could've seen Madge sacked.

I think dogs as well had an easy start, but it ramped up quickly and now Barrett is in the firing line.

After covid our draw was manipulated to create blockbuster match ups, and we copped hammering after hammering, destroying the confidence of a young squad

Slothfield claims that Barrett will be sacked in the next 48 hours. Says that the club will orchestrate that it was a board decision, but Gould's fingerprints are all over it.

Slothfield says:

“People with any real knowledge of the situation know Gus has more power than the chairman, CEO or anybody within the club and it’s his decision.”

“What will happen is Trent Barrett, it will be orchestrated that (Barrett) resigns and stands down and says publicly he’s not in position to take the team forward.”

“Phil Gould can’t be seen as the person who sacks him. But he’s got a history of getting rid of coaches. You go back to Penrith with Ivan cleary and Anthony Griffin,” Rothfield said.

Slothfield claims that Barrett will be sacked in the next 48 hours. Says that the club will orchestrate that it was a board decision, but Gould's fingerprints are all over it.

Slothfield says:

“People with any real knowledge of the situation know Gus has more power than the chairman, CEO or anybody within the club and it’s his decision.”

“What will happen is Trent Barrett, it will be orchestrated that (Barrett) resigns and stands down and says publicly he’s not in position to take the team forward.”

“Phil Gould can’t be seen as the person who sacks him. But he’s got a history of getting rid of coaches. You go back to Penrith with Ivan cleary and Anthony Griffin,” Rothfield said.

It isn't like it is not justified. He basically got the team he wanted and they still suck. You buy a bunch of dumb blokes who are lazy, you are going to get a dumb, lazy team and hey presto, we have the Dogs in a nutshell.

It isn't like it is not justified. He basically got the team he wanted and they still suck. You buy a bunch of dumb blokes who are lazy, you are going to get a dumb, lazy team and hey presto, we have the Dogs in a nutshell.

Crawley says the results aren't Barrett's fault ... and needs to fall on whoever thought it was a good idea to recruit so many guys who had been moved on by their previous clubs like; TPJ, Vaughan, Dufty, Baden etc

some people saying he quit, others saying sacked

either way he’s gone as of last night apparently

Crawley says the results aren't Barrett's fault ... and needs to fall on whoever thought it was a good idea to recruit so many guys who had been moved on by their previous clubs like; TPJ, Vaughan, Dufty, Baden etc

Isn't it the coach's responsibility to get players he wants though? And if he wasn't calling the shots on who was recruited, then he was a dead man walking already.

Are we sure about that? The recruitment of Dufty, TPJ and Vaughan really screams of more of the same from the last decade from the Dogs. I just get the feeling that Barrett was either told after the fact or didn't know how much of an overpay they were going to end up with. And that overpay results in him being told "Put them in the team, we're not having x $million playing in NSWRL".

Next year with Mahoney, they are looking much better especially if they stick with Flanagan. That way they have a settled 6,7 and 9. They still need to bin Dufty but at least having 3/4 of your spine locked in would help them be more consistent.

Are we sure about that? The recruitment of Dufty, TPJ and Vaughan really screams of more of the same from the last decade from the Dogs. I just get the feeling that Barrett was either told after the fact or didn't know how much of an overpay they were going to end up with. And that overpay results in him being told "Put them in the team, we're not having x $million playing in NSWRL".

Next year with Mahoney, they are looking much better especially if they stick with Flanagan. That way they have a settled 6,7 and 9. They still need to bin Dufty but at least having 3/4 of your spine locked in would help them be more consistent.

No doubting that but if his hands are tied, it is a reflection on him as a coach. Why would you take up a position where you aren't allowed to do your job?

I am not saying I disagree, I am just saying a good coach should be willing to fight for what he believes in, even if that puts him offside with his bosses.

And if the players feel that their coach is being told what to do and is too weak to stand up for himself, that is also a good way to lose the dressing room.

It sounds like the whole club needs a shake up like we did though, not just the coach.

The old walk before you're pushed.

Hard to see him getting another gig in Aus anytime soon. Probably off to the UK.

As for the dogs, who are we guessing they will go for?

Fox Article says;

"Paul Green, Shane Flanagan and Cameron Ciraldo are the experienced options to take over, while Steve Price has had a successful stint in Cronulla and Kristian Woolf has been solid at St Helens."

Can't see Ciraldo leaving Penrith yet..

No doubting that but if his hands are tied, it is a reflection on him as a coach. Why would you take up a position where you aren't allowed to do your job?

I am not saying I disagree, I am just saying a good coach should be willing to fight for what he believes in, even if that puts him offside with his bosses.

And if the players feel that their coach is being told what to do and is too weak to stand up for himself, that is also a good way to lose the dressing room.

It sounds like the whole club needs a shake up like we did though, not just the coach.

I think Barrett knew he was going to have his hands tied when he signed up with the Dogs but he was desperate for another HC position. If results went his way, he would've had more freedom but they didn't.

I get your point about the respect shown by the players, the Gus training session wouldn't have helped in that regard.

I was under the impression that Gus's role was shake up the club but it seems he's aiming down when he should be aiming up at the CEO and board.

You just know Gus won't be their interim coach because he won't like the losses falling on him. David Furner will cover the rest of the year and they'll bring Josh Hannay in because they won't get Ciraldo.

Paul Green is pretty desperate for a role now Kevvie isn't in danger anymore I imagine.

Leave Trent alone!!!

I can't think of a coach that would go there with Gould looking over their shoulder all the time tbh.

Certainly not Flanagan or Green

I can't think of a coach that would go there with Gould looking over their shoulder all the time tbh.

Certainly not Flanagan or Green

Green might as what else is he doing? Flanagan you would think wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Allo
  • Dash
  • Fitzy
  • Culhwch
  • Strop
  • Fozz
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • theshed
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • broncos4life
  • Tim K
  • Lurker
  • HarryAllan7
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Bish
  • Griffo
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.