CROSS FORUM NRL 2022 Round 24 Discussion

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Everyone acting like their cat just died because we aren’t going to make 8. To be expected I suppose, half of this forum doesn’t know what it’s like to support a team working their way back from the slums

Part of me expects them to come out wearing a Dolphins jersey next year
We've been in the slums for the best part of 15 years excluding when Bennett came back.

It's hardly a new feeling.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
And you just double down proving that you are not only a knob but a sanctimonious twat as well, great effort, I hope you get your deserved top fan medal.

You’re having a bit of a meltdown, time for a lay down champ

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
We've been in the slums for the best part of 15 years excluding when Bennett came back.

It's hardly a new feeling.

Yes but people still magically expect us to become that top 4 powerhouse we once were, doesn’t work like that, it rarely ever does.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Yes but people still magically expect us to become that top 4 powerhouse we once were, doesn’t work like that, it rarely ever does.
I'm happy to miss out actually, just not happy to be back at 50 point losses every week. That's beyond pathetic. If the team running out had half the passion of some on BHQ they wouldn't cop being flogged and would have some good damn passion and competitive drive. Instead they roll over like weak gutted dogs.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Tell that to the Cowboys.

Let’s see how they go tonight when they’re playing without one of their starting halves, they’ve had a great draw and their fair share of luck on the injury front too

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Everyone acting like their cat just died because we aren’t going to make 8. To be expected I suppose, half of this forum doesn’t know what it’s like to support a team working their way back from the slums

Part of me expects them to come out wearing a Dolphins jersey next year

many on this forum expect instant results and if you don't get them sack the coach.

constantly sacking coaches mid-rebuild is how you become the Tigers. because every time you sack a coach, you start the rebuild from scratch, thus never completing the rebuild.

3 years is the sweet spot, if they haven't made significant improvements by then, it may be time to change things up.

p.s. Kevvie has just finished his second year. and we have improved each year under him

2021: 7 wins (4 more wins than the previous season)

2022: 13 wins so far with one game to go (which is 3 wins more than both 2020 and 2021 combined, not to mention that 28 points would have been enough to make around 8 out of the last 10 finals series)

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
many on this forum expect instant results and if you don't get them sack the coach.

constantly sacking coaches mid-rebuild is how you become the Tigers. because every time you sack a coach, you start the rebuild from scratch, thus never completing the rebuild.

3 years is the sweet spot, if they haven't made significant improvements by then, it may be time to change things up.

p.s. Kevvie has just finished his second year. and we have improved each year under him

2021: 7 wins (4 more wins than the previous season)

2022: 13 wins so far with one game to go (which is 3 wins more than both 2020 and 2021 combined, not to mention that 28 points would have been enough to make around 8 out of the last 10 finals series)

That Kevvie thread was up and running after his first season, ridiculous.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
How was that obstruction? 3 Raiders got sucked into the decoy and he touched nobody and continued through the line........................Oh Ashley Klein......................thats how.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
My only concern is the impact on the playing group... I wanted them to make the finals as a reward for the work they put in over the course of the year rather than results over the last month... and realistically with 13 wins on the board, or maybe even 14 next week, they had basically done enough to qualify, but appear to have hit a wall fitness wise and now lost all confidence.

This playing group is fragile as **** so missing out now could see them crumble mentally... most will think "**** em... missing out should galvanise them and make them work harder"... except nothing about this playing group screams mental strength, so they're more likely to do the opposite.

Not to mention that all the depth experience we brought in last year is basically gone next preseason so we're back to all the young fragile players that just collapsed out of the finals from a top 4 spot staring down the barrel of a preseason thinking "we did all this last year and still didn't make it", but who's left to push them forward and get them going again.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
My only concern is the impact on the playing group... I wanted them to make the finals as a reward for the work they put in over the course of the year rather than results over the last month... and realistically with 13 wins on the board, or maybe even 14 next week, they had basically done enough to qualify, but appear to have hit a wall fitness wise and now lost all confidence.

This playing group is fragile as **** so missing out now could see them crumble mentally... most will think "**** em... missing out should galvanise them and make them work harder"... except nothing about this playing group screams mental strength, so they're more likely to do the opposite.

Not to mention that all the depth experience we brought in last year is basically gone next preseason so we're back to all the young fragile players that just collapsed out of the finals from a top 4 spot staring down the barrel of a preseason thinking "we did all this last year and still didn't make it", but who's left to push them forward and get them going again.

If that's the case then they're in the wrong profession and probably shouldn't be playing first grade footy anyway. Say what you want about Xavier Coates, he was a part of that side that got its shit pushed in regularly, and he didn't tuck tail and run. He did the opposite, he took a gig under the hardest ass coach in the comp at a club that frankly demands way more of its players than we do. Way, way more.

Similar story with the Cowboys. Payten was openly disliked early on when he came in and got the whips cracking, benched JT2 which raised everyone's eyebrows....Look where they are now. The first and second thing an NRL coach needs is a nice pair of testicles and very little patience for bullshit. Those are the only character traits players will respond to.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Oh well, with every Raiders try the intensity & pain of pre season training ratchets up ⬆️ another notch

Angry Denzel Washington GIF

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
If that's the case then they're in the wrong profession and probably shouldn't be playing first grade footy anyway. Say what you want about Xavier Coates, he was a part of that side that got its shit pushed in regularly, and he didn't tuck tail and run. He did the opposite, he took a gig under the hardest ass coach in the comp at a club that frankly demands way more of its players than we do. Way, way more.

Similar story with the Cowboys. Payten was openly disliked early on when he came in and got the whips cracking, benched JT2 which raised everyone's eyebrows....Look where they are now. The first and second thing an NRL coach needs is a nice pair of testicles and very little patience for bullshit. Those are the only character traits players will respond to.
Of course they're in the wrong profession ... the issue is we have tied our wagon to about 25 of them and are looking to repeat the mistakes of 2020 all over again.

It's either this squad magically do something they've never shown an inkling to do and become mentally strong... or we look to spend the next 5yr churning over the playing group to remove all the fragile princesses

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The NRL have apparently warned Munsterto clean up his act or he'll be out of the finals

That’s the warning from the NRL to Munster, who has narrowly avoided suspension for elbowing Roosters halfback Sam Walker in the face he lay on the ground.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
The NRL have apparently warned Munsterto clean up his act or he'll be out of the finals

That’s the warning from the NRL to Munster, who has narrowly avoided suspension for elbowing Roosters halfback Sam Walker in the face he lay on the ground.
I thought the MRC is supposed to deal with foul play of that nature? If it was a Bronco there would be no warning. Of this I'm quite sure.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
In all honesty, how many of our current playing group would be watching (or caring) what’s going on in Canberra now ? A handful imo..

Active Now

• Galco
  • Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • Morkel
  • Cavalo
  • BroncosAlways
  • jarro65
  • Galah
  • Old Mate
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • MrMoore
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.