CROSS FORUM NRL 2022 Round 7 Discussion

Problem raiders have is who do they replace him with? the coaching calibe atm feels like its at a all time low. wouldnt mind seeing some more lower grade coaches make the step up surely there are some gems around that just need to be given the chance

Kev?

hehe. Don’t kill me.

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
93.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Wellington Warrior - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 15, 2012
REACTIONS: 12,510
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
Panthers been pinged 3 times in 2 minutes.… nice little square up for the stats!

93.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Wellington Warrior - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 15, 2012

Panthers been pinged 3 times in 2 minutes.… nice little square up for the stats!

its so predictable isnt it. why is it every single nrl fan can see the pattern but the nrl refuse to acknowledge it.

The field goal to rub it in missed.

Wighton is rightfully furious

93.jpg
Jack Wighton…. red mist at the end.

93.jpg
REACTIONS: 12,511
1809.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Fozz - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 4, 2008

Crichton and Luai really think their shit doesn't stink

Such a bunch of unlikable twats!!

4775.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]wizards rage - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 18, 2016
REACTIONS: 17,420
Another game that just turns people off as a fan of the game.

Smash em bro

4619.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Worried2Death - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 5, 2016
REACTIONS: 9,399
9001.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]holdzy - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 5, 2016

All of the commentators have got worse. Happened to watch a 2006 game the other day (06 gf qualifier - up the broncos!) and the commentary was so measured and insightful. Peak Sterlo, Rabs and Gus.

it’s YouTube worthy shit now.

God I miss Sterlo, he made the dullest games interesting with his analysis. Huge loss to the game in hindsight, what a chasm between him and the drones we have now, Brandy and Ennis and fukn Blocker. Mind you Block can be entertaining at times when he's going off like a drunk uncle and mangling all the Poly boy's names.

75.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Defence - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 9, 2012
REACTIONS: 19,704
Sterlo was great- rabs was great till gus joined him and they turned into the two old fools from the muppet’s balcony.
Vossy would be my favorite caller now and I enjoy listening to flannos insights.

75.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Defence - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 9, 2012
REACTIONS: 19,704

Sterlo was great- rabs was great till gus joined him and they turned into the two old fools from the muppet’s balcony.
Vossy would be my favorite caller now and I enjoy listening to flannos insights.

Voss is no better than the others now imo

75.jpg
REACTIONS: 19,707
9001.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]holdzy - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 5, 2016

Voss is no better than the others now imo

Have to admit I probably have a soft spot for him because when he was on the outter with 9 he started calling all the warriors games.
He done a really good job compared to what we were used to and still seems quite informed on our side and happy when we’re going well.
The rest of the Aussie commentators feel like they’re death riding us the whole game.

I missed the end of the Knights/Eels match. Did Moses seriously boot a FG when they were up 38-2? What a **** head

I recall us doing to the same against them when we were up by 50 or something as Suncorp

Speaks volumes of the Panthers that the Raiders were so resilient on their line yet they still put on 30 points. They're just in a groove right now and you don't want to arm wrestle with them because they're the best team in the competition at working the ball out of trouble. That's Edwards' break and butter and Taylan May might possibly be the best back working it out of trouble outside of To'o.

They just play with a lot of balance. They have players like Fisher-Harris and Yeo who can keep the ball alive and give their livewire players like Koroisau and Luai opportunities, or they just go through their rehearsed set-plays and give their outside backs an opportunity to improvise and come up with points.

They're on a roll right now and I'm just about prepared to give them the two points against the Titans. It's the month after that I'm seriously interested in vs. Parramatta, vs. Melbourne, vs. Sydney and vs. Cowboys. Get through that and I think they'll continue to steamroll the competition.

Canberra did well to hang in there but just a few lapses hurt them. Elliott slow off the line allowed the Panthers to spread the ball and Timoko was caught in no-man's land which made life far too easy for Crichton. Then the Yeo try was far too easy with Harawira-Naera completely losing sight of Yeo. I find CHN to be such a frustrating player to watch because he's clearly talented but he just switches off. That effort on Cleary in the lead-up to the May try being a good example. It was just moments like that which really hurt them.

I don't think they got too many calls their way. The only one I can remember is Tago being ruled to have lost the ball when replays seemed fairly inconclusive and if anything showed he held onto it. Otherwise it seemed like everything went the Panthers way. The straw that broke the camel's back was the Savage knock-on which seemed like a 50/50 - so often in that situation the referee will call it crowding.

With that said, I thought the Raiders were poor working it out of trouble and their young backline was found wanting. It's where they really needed Cotric to stand-up but he only made 8 runs all game. That's where he and Rapana used to be so valuable rucking it up and raising the tempo of that play the ball, I think Rapana has just gotten on but Cotric should be doing so much more.

This is the error from the kick that lead to the Panthers 5th try. It was very obvious live that Sorensen was off-side from the kick. This frame shows that his front foot was in front and his back foot has left the ground, Clearly has not even kicked it yet (the ball is in the process of being dropped for the kick):

Sorensen is not only within 10 when Rapana attempts to catch it, he makes the tackle on him:

The Raiders captain even appeals to the refs and yells the words "off-side".

Yet somehow all the refs missed it and it was never reviewed.

The refs are only looking for indiscretions from one team, and the team on the receiving end is so overly scrutinised that it has to be deliberate, there's no way it happens by accident.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • theshed
  • marw
  • Broncosgirl
  • Morkel
  • Pablo
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mr Fourex
  • Santa
  • eazy-duzzit
  • porouian
  • TimWhatley
  • Stix
  • whykickamoocow
  • Waynesaurus
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.