CROSS FORUM NRL 2022 Round 7 Discussion

This is the error from the kick that lead to the Panthers 5th try. It was very obvious live that Sorensen was off-side from the kick. This frame shows that his front foot was in front and his back foot has left the ground, Clearly has not even kicked it yet (the ball is in the process of being dropped for the kick):

View attachment 18013

Sorensen is not only within 10 when Rapana attempts to catch it, he makes the tackle on him:

View attachment 18014

The Raiders captain even appeals to the refs and yells the words "off-side".

View attachment 18015

Yet somehow all the refs missed it and it was never reviewed.

The refs are only looking for indiscretions from one team, and the team on the receiving end is so overly scrutinised that it has to be deliberate, there's no way it happens by accident.
Add it to the list @Sproj

The Panthers are playing like the brat kid that works for their rich Dad's business. They know they can get away with whatever they want and carry on like superstars whenever they are rewarded even if it's not deserved and others get fucked over for it.

There better be a list.
When it's @Sproj you know there's a list

The Panthers are playing like the brat kid that works for their rich Dad's business. They know they can get away with whatever they want and carry on like superstars whenever they are rewarded even if it's not deserved and others get fucked over for it.

…They’re pretty good though.

…They’re pretty good though.
Only because they don't know how to lose, because their opposition is never given a fair chance to beat them. If they were officiated the same as the teams they play, they would come back to the pack real quickly.

Their players are benefitting from exactly the same thing which is crushing the confidence of our team.

Only because they don't know how to lose, because their opposition is never given a fair chance to beat them. If they were officiated the same as the teams they play, they would come back to the pack real quickly.

Their players are benefitting from exactly the same thing which is crushing the confidence of our team.
Do you seriously think officiating is why the Panthers are dominating?

If they're officiated the same as every other team, they would still win.

Since Gould joined the club this is what they have been working towards and now it's finally paying off. It look longer than 5 years like Gould predicted, but it's paying off now.

They are dominate because they are a very well run club. They identified what needed to be done to turn themselves into a top team and they did it.

This side is the culmination of all of that hard work.

Since Gould joined the club this is what they have been working towards and now it's finally paying off. It look longer than 5 years like Gould predicted, but it's paying off now.

They are dominate because they are a very well run club. They identified what needed to be done to turn themselves into a top team and they did it.
Completely agree with you 2 they are a great side. Well planned out future by Gus and however long it took they got there in the end. The Panthers success has been ascertained by having good players, systems, coaching and development. But there is 2 things I think really help them. #1 Is I agree, refereeing. Not there fault at all but there is some corrupt bullshit going on there. I’m sorry you don’t win penalty counts significantly every week cause you’re a good side 9-1 was the penalty count yesterday in the second half. 9 penalties to a team in a game alone is bad enough and that was in one half. Like no wonder Raiders couldn’t get out of there half. I didn’t watch the game that closely and well and truely some of those penalties were deserved. But where are the cries for the whistle to be put away like they used to be. Nobody raises an issue with it because it helps there Multi’s, fantasy teams, tips and a whole lot of things. How can a team play there best 50 minutes of footy all year and lose 38-6. Great side don’t get me wrong but that leads into my second point. #2 dispersing the talent pool. Like seriously what was the point in bringing in a new team if they couldn’t seperate talent evenly over 16 teams. Once again not Penriths fault but it is assisting them. A team should not be able to fit all those superstars in one team within the salary cap especially when a lot of them have re-negotiated contracts recently. On top of that great system don’t get me wrong but to then have a top of the ladder side in reserve grade shouldn’t be happening and it shouldn’t be affordable. Not a mocker on Penrith I reiterate because they have been smart enough and good enough to take advantage. But then you have a club like ours at the bottom of the ladder who can barely resign a player with a handful of games next to his name without a 300% over inflated contract because of media coverage. We aren’t all playing the same fair game in the cap no matter how much you want to tell yourself we are. Penrith got slept on for a long time so these players got to develop out of the spotlight and now they have players resigning for unders which I think shouldn’t be allowed. Market value has to be enforced. I’m sick of the Vlandy’s and Abdo sitting back racking in dough why they ruin the fabric of this game in so many ways. This isn’t me complaining about the Broncos situation and just envying them teams up the top cause I’m willing to admit that our mistakes have got us where we are and vice versa. But they are up the top getting a leg up on all these clubs down the bottom that are either in small markets, can’t attract players, can’t re-sign talent, can’t afford talent and then the clubs succeeding are getting their own on discounts. The system has never been fair but it’s getting more and more rorted by the minute and until talent is spread amongst teams, officiating is fixed up and even laws this competition is going to continue to die and become unbearable watching the same teams win under the same circumstances by the same humongous score lines week in week out. Rant over but I think if you look at the picture closely it’s more than just a good team that is winning games, comps and the player market.

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
22.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]mrblonde - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 13, 2012
REACTIONS: 5,672
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
I dunno man...the NRL should have stayed out of the Anzac thing.

This is idiots throwing around a leather ball.

Seeing these over payed nonces bow their heads to the bugle is sacrilege, it's not bullets you are playing.

My ancestors died for this. Seeing the sporting circus try boost off it, and $$$ in on it, makes me sick the older I get.
I don't think it's a day that should be ignored by sports and am against any idea of no sport being either on ANZAC Day or Armistice Day.

But the "let's make a new ANZAC Day jersey we can sell to the public!" shtick is borderline offensive. To be frank, I don't buy merchandise, but the unspoken implication of "You're not a real fan unless you've got the latest shirt/key ring/whatever" that merchandise brings with it annoys me.

To the same point, kind of, I'm not a fan of the Ladies Round jersey or the Indigineous Round jersey. It's all just "Thoughts And Prayers" made into a jersey that clubs can get people to buy.

The NRL Video Referee Says "WOOF! WOOF!" As It Taps It's White Cane...

[/st_td_row][st_td]Canonball - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 20, 2022
REACTIONS: 111
There’s been a lot of chatter about the timing of the warriors game tonight - and rightfully so - on the other side of things there’s the knowledge that Australia really takes a very nationalist stance with respect to Anzac Day, so the NZ bit always defers with what I still think is a better attitude and balance of commemoration… you know, let them have their jingoistic negative capacity etc… However, I just had to remark that in going to the official nrl site just now i see there’s a game between the Australian defence forces team and turkey … I mean wtf, that’s pretty next level

[/st_td_row][st_td]kos - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 16, 2013
REACTIONS: 3,722
Instead of war.
Thats what we should have.
Two countries play each other in sport xyz best of 3.
Winner gets to crow loudly from the rooftops about the win and all that countries population feels the best.
Better than killing humans.

Can someone get sbw off my tv? His coverage is the very definition of cringe.

[/st_td_row][st_td]kos - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 16, 2013
REACTIONS: 3,722

Instead of war.
Thats what we should have.
Two countries play each other in sport xyz best of 3.
Winner gets to crow loudly from the rooftops about the win and all that countries population feels the best.
Better than killing humans.

Sounds like a good way for Kiwis to invade Australia

Fans need to fill out stadiums more often. Huge crowds in stadiums like the scg is a beautiful spectacle rather than empty blue seats.

Yes, I absolutely do think it's part of it. Their players are so confident and that's a combination of things coming together - familiarity playing together, belief in their systems and each other, rarely losing, knowing even if they're down they can come back against teams, etc etc. The fact they can get away with more than most other teams just feeds into all of this, and it absolutely contributes. We were right in that game with them last week until the ref started blowing phantom penalties for them and then they ran away with it. But until they got that leg up, they were legitimately struggling. That's been the case the past few times we've played them as well.

If, say, the Broncos still don't beat them but DO push them for the full 80mins and they win by 2...what does that do to their mental state? "Damn, that was close, these guys are scratching to make the 8, maybe we're not as good as we thought". But when they get leg ups all the time, that questioning doesn't creep in, the confidence continues to build etc etc. No I don't believe that's the sole reason they are dominating but it definitely is contributing to their positive mindset which, when coupled with everything else they have going for them, is just too much for most teams in the comp to compete with.

This side is the culmination of all of that hard work.
I understand that, and I totally agree. The 5 year plan took a bit longer, but it's now bearing fruit. They have arguably the best halfback in the comp, rep players all over the park, and these guys all came through the grades playing with each other so they know each other's games. That is so important, we saw it with Qld during the golden age, now NSW have something similar happening.

However as I said above, the constant 'help' they get does further their cause. These young players almost literally don't know how to lose. They KNOW they can beat any other team in the comp, and that belief feeds into everything else. I don't believe they would be so dominant if they were officiated equally, because they would either struggle - or even lose - to some equal and even some 'lower' teams at times, which would then get in their heads. The mental side of all of this cannot be overstated IMO. I relate it to our young guys and how they almost look broken by decisions at times. You know how they so often fall apart after any adversity? Why fight the machine? Hell, look at Capewell and Reynolds, they can't even believe some of the things this team get pinged for...well, welcome to the Broncos lads, get used to it. Would love to see the refs start pinging Penrith the same way and see if they keep their confidence in everything they do.

Anyway. There's a game on shortly.

What's that penalty for?

Tedesco got up to keep running. Lomax slams him into the ground.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • Justwin
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Nerd
  • whykickamoocow
  • TimWhatley
  • Sproj
  • porouian
  • Pablo
  • Morkel
  • ezpz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
  • heartly87
  • Broncosgirl
  • Manifesto
  • Totally Unr3al
  • bb_gun
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.