Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Penrith Panthers vs. Melbourne Storm
Accor Stadium, Friday 22 September 2023
Kick Off: 7:50pm

PENRITH PANTHERS

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Sunia Turuva 3. Izack Tago 4. Stephen Crichton 5. Brian To'o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. Moses Leota 9. Mitch Kenny 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Scott Sorensen 12. Liam Martin 13. Isaah Yeo

14. Jack Cogger 15. Lindsay Smith 16. Spencer Leniu 17. Luke Garner

18. Tyrone Peachey 19. Matt Eisenhuth 20. Zac Hosking 21. Luke Sommerton 22. Thomas Jenkins

MELBOURNE STORM

1. Nick Meaney 2. William Warbrick 3. Marion Seve 4. Justin Olam 5. Reimis Smith 6. Cameron Munster 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Tui Kamikamica 9. Harry Grant 10. Christian Welch 11. Trent Loiero 12. Eliesa Katoa 13. Josh King

14. Tyran Wishart 15. Tom Eisenhuth 16. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 17. Tariq Sims

18. Grant Anderson 19. Bronson Garlick 20. Sualauvi Faalogo 21. Tepai Moeroa 22. Chris Lewis

Brisbane Broncos vs. Warriors
Suncorp Stadium, Saturday 23 September 2023
Kick Off: 7:50pm

BRISBANE BRONCOS

1. Reece Walsh 2. Jesse Arthars 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Herbie Farnworth 5. Selwyn Cobbo 6. Ezra Mam 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Thomas Flegler 9. Billy Walters 10. Payne Haas 11. Kurt Capewell 12. Jordan Riki 13. Patrick Carrigan

14. Tyson Smoothy 15. Brendan Piakura 16. Kobe Hetherington 17. Keenan Palasia

18. Corey Oates 19. Martin Taupau 20. Corey Jensen 21. Jock Madden 22. Tristan Sailor

NZ WARRIORS

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 3. Rocco Berry 4. Adam Pompey 5. Marcelo Montoya 6. Te Maire Martin 7. Shaun Johnson 8. Addin Fonua-Blake 9. Wayde Egan 10. Mitchell Barnett 11. Jackson Ford 12. Marata Niukore 13. Tohu Harris

14. Dylan Walker 15. Jazz Tevaga 16. Bayley Sironen 17. Josh Curran

18. Freddy Lussick 20. Taine Tuaupiki 21. Bunty Afoa 22. Ali Leiataua 23. Edward Kosi

Jarome Luai, Jahrome Hughes & Izack Tago headline a list of returnees as we gear up for the Grand Final qualifiers.

Of the three returnees, Luai appears to be the most surprising as vision has emerged of him holding his shoulder at training. It wouldn't be shocking if the selection is a smokescreen and Cogger fills the 6 role with Peachey coming onto the bench.

It appears to be a matter of fait accompli for the Panthers as they gear up for their forth consecutive Grand Final. It would be the biggest upset in Melbourne's history for them to overcome the Panthers.

They never got into the game against the Broncos and they only got by an injury plagued Roosters off a hail mary in a controversial game. It's hardly the build up you want against the most dominant team in modern history who are coming off the bye.

This is shaping up to be one of those prelim finals where the top team blitzes their opposition without hardly breaking a sweat. The last time Melbourne were put to the sword like that in final was the 2008 Grand Final. Usually it's Melbourne on the other side of the equation and it'll be interesting to see what resistance they can muster up.

Right now, I'm looking at the Storm's 2023 as an over-achievement. They went into the season without the Bromwich Brothers, Kaufusi, B. Smith and Papenhuyzen (who before his concussion helped Melbourne to a 8-1 start in '22) and still managed to finish ahead of their 2022 season.

Meanwhile for the Panthers, they've actually had to work hard in this fixture over the past three years. In 2020 it went down to the wire but the Panthers were able to hold Souths out to a 20-16 win. They went in as underdogs against Melbourne, but got the jump on them and a couple of injuries to Melbourne allowed them to cling to a 10-6 win. Meanwhile last year Souths led 12-0 until the shadows of half-time where Koroisau scored a contentious try and To'o followed up shortly after and they ran away with it from there.

Expecting a late change for Penrith.

I remember reading To'o saying that Tago won't be playing this week, but Luai will be.

The Storm may aswell not turn up. They have absolutely no chance of winning. I'm surprised it is only -12.5. How are they going to score points? Would have to be a complete turnaround of their attack.

I expect the Panthers to win by more than we will - Storm are a shadow of the club they used to be.
No way I'm gonna argue with that mate👍

Storm is still Storm though, for soo long they've managed to find (filthy) ways to **** teams up.

Love him or Hate him, Craig is a (****) brilliant coach. Melbourne will most likely fail, I agree. IMHO though, Storm will not only make Penrith earn it, but they'll hurt them while doing it.

Two grubby shithead teams playing on pride, ego & grub.

Im salivating at the thought of it.

In Love Wow GIF by Max

Thinking of you @Broncosgirl
😂😂😂

God I can't stand this shit. Currently on 360, the commentators are all talking about Melbourne's grubby shit heel behavior as if it's completely normal. "Oh if they get their hands on Luai, what are they gonna do? Is it worth the risk?" and on and on and on it goes.

I don't really care if the Scum grub it up on the Panthers, but making an effort to try and normalize their bullshit is exactly what the comp doesn't need.

God I can't stand this shit. Currently on 360, the commentators are all talking about Melbourne's grubby shit heel behavior as if it's completely normal. "Oh if they get their hands on Luai, what are they gonna do? Is it worth the risk?" and on and on and on it goes.

I don't really care if the Scum grub it up on the Panthers, but making an effort to try and normalize their bullshit is exactly what the comp doesn't need.
I quite liked Grahams backhanded “dark arts of football” remark in regards to the storms grubbiness. He was calling it what it is.

What do they exactly do that is the "dark arts". Wrestling better than every other team that wrestles isn't the dark arts. Completely overblown. It's called jealousy. This isn't 2012 anymore.

What do they exactly do that is the "dark arts". Wrestling better than every other team that wrestles isn't the dark arts. Completely overblown. It's called jealousy. This isn't 2012 anymore.
Have you watched a game lately?

It's not exactly a secret within the game, but certain teams get away with all sorts of bullshit in the ruck in an attempt to slow it down and in some cases, injure other players (deliberate or not). Melbourne were the pioneers of the wrestle (which AFAIK most footy fans detest, certainly most of us here) and still do it as good as anyone else.

Hands and forearms all over the face, deliberately entangling with the tackled player, working over 'weak' points (ie arms and legs), pushing away tacklers before the tackle is even complete...I'm sure others here can chime in with plenty more, that's just the entree.

They're a grubby **** club full of grubby **** players and grubby **** administrators, and the sooner they become irrelevant the better.

Have you watched a game lately?

It's not exactly a secret within the game, but certain teams get away with all sorts of bullshit in the ruck in an attempt to slow it down and in some cases, injure other players (deliberate or not). Melbourne were the pioneers of the wrestle (which AFAIK most footy fans detest, certainly most of us here) and still do it as good as anyone else.

Hands and forearms all over the face, deliberately entangling with the tackled player, working over 'weak' points (ie arms and legs), pushing away tacklers before the tackle is even complete...I'm sure others here can chime in with plenty more, that's just the entree.

They're a grubby **** club full of grubby **** players and grubby **** administrators, and the sooner they become irrelevant the better.
Think this is massively overstated. I honestly don't think they are any worse than other good clubs. Especially the 2nd to last paragraph. Never had a bee in my bonnet about them as a club or team. I actually liked their style the last 4 or 5 years.

But then again we haven't been smashed by them constantly for 15 years.

Did you see the scoreline the other night ...champ?
You are right. Broncos fans definitely don't have an extreme hatred for the Storm because of the massive losing run they had against them. It's just because... deadset.

Anyone suggesting we don't have it in for Melbourne, is fair dinkum kidding themselves.

I can only recall beating them once in a big game, that was '06 (and obviously a week and a half ago). Almost every other final they've had it over us.

Of all the things on 360, that's the thing you hate?

I found it particularly amusing how they went through the 2 games, talked at length about each team. They spoke about Penrith, Melbourne, NZ.. alright boys, let's have a chat about Ashley Klein now.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Lurker
  • westy316
  • Skathen
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • Fitzy
  • Fozz
  • Morkel
  • Dash
  • Jazza
  • Wolfie
  • Foordy
  • broncsgoat
  • Waynesaurus
  • jd87
  • Santa
  • BroncosMan
... and 49 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.