NRL 2023 Finals Week 3 Discussion

Great effort from Melbourne to get this far when you look at what they've lost the last two years.

Alot of it is probably a result of their systems and brilliant spine. But i wouldn't be suprised to see them slide next year. Forward pack is very weak, centres provide no strike and Munster maybe showing signs of slowing down.
They need to put the young kid in at fullback if Papi is not right to go. Need a bit of oomph. No slight on Meaney. Really solid player but they need more than that. But like you said the forward pack needs to get better.

It's all bravado. If you do make it next week it will be everybody else's fault but Penrith being better or the Broncos playing not their best. You got those ref excuses ready yet. For a bloke that believes so much in the Broncos you wouldn't have been crying over every single call tonight you believe went Penriths way.

Maybe I was wrong. Maybe you don't actually really believe they can beat them

You are wrong. Its not bravado. You might think it is, but as far as i am concerned we are the match of any of the best sides in the comp including Penrith. Our team can match them in every department. Why would i be worried?

Not making any excuses either. Its not the decisions Penrith get, its the inconsistencies in the decision making as well as the leeway these grubs seem to get. Examples. The ref warned the Penrith players to stop starting push and shoves. He said he wouldnt tolerate any more of it, yet all he did was keep telling them off. No consequences. Penrith players constantly flopping in late. Or the JFH facials with his forearms that get overlooked. Or the regular Luai leg pulls as players get up. Other teams get pinged for it, Penrith do seem to get away with things more than they should.

If the game is reffed the same for both teams i have no concerns.

If the game is reffed the same for both teams i have no concerns.
See this is where it's going to end up...

Brisbane win= reffed fairly
Brisbane lose= not reffed the same

It wouldn't matter if you get 13 on 11 for the whole game and lose you will pick out every call that you believe is not fair for the broncos and will call it as not being fair if you were to lose. It is what it is as they say.

It wouldn't matter if you get 13 on 11 for the whole game and lose you will pick out every call that you believe is not fair for the broncos and will call it as not being fair if you were to lose. It is what it is as they say.

Not at all. If Flegler gives somebody a facial with his forearm and gets pinged for it, but JFH doesnt, then i'll be cranky about it. If we lose, we lose, but as long as the decsions are consistent thats all you can ask for. You dont actually seem me complaining about refs a great deal because every team gets good and bad decisions.

Apart from Penrith.

Not at all. If Flegler gives somebody a facial with his forearm and gets pinged for it, but JFH doesnt, then i'll be cranky about it. If we lose, we lose, but as long as the decsions are consistent thats all you can ask for. You dont actually seem me complaining about refs a great deal because every team gets good and bad decisions.

Apart from Penrith.
Penrith get a good whistle all the time. Tonight they called everything consistently. Especially the flop calls. It was not what you saw tonight imo.

Compare the pair:
NRL Prelim: absolute fizzer
AFL Prelim: gripping, epic, absolute top shelf
Was a beauty. Seems to be alot of great AFL finals games in recent years compared to the NRL. Much more even comp.

Penrith get a good whistle all the time. Tonight they called everything consistently. Especially the flop calls. It was not what you saw tonight imo.

Not really. They got plenty of calls go their way in terms of them getting away with things the Storm got pinged for. If i was pedantic enough i could quite easily show it, Including the flopping and not just in this game. Thankfully for me, i dont have that kind of desire.

Not really. They got plenty of calls go their way in terms of them getting away with things the Storm got pinged for. If i was pedantic enough i could quite easily show it, Including the flopping and not just in this game. Thankfully for me, i dont have that kind of desire.
Me either...

Mate, if all you are going to do is troll, just **** off and don't bother coming back. Other club supporters are welcome here if they value add, you are the very poster child of the opposite of that at the moment.

You are never going to win a whose E-peen is bigger game with Wolfie and it gets tiresome reading the crap that is coming out. There are some facts for you.

Mate, if all you are going to do is troll, just **** off and don't bother coming back. Other club supporters are welcome here if they value add, you are the very poster child of the opposite of that at the moment.

You are never going to win a whose E-peen is bigger game with Wolfie and it gets tiresome reading the crap that is coming out. There are some facts for you.
glad to see such validation of my select use of the "ignore" function

“Peewee” “littlepee”? he should be more concerned about the amount of carjackings in his hometown…

Probably smashing Doritos and playing fortnight, too busy!

Melbourne where probably worse tonight then when the played us 2 weeks ago. They gifted riff that win.
They could have got an old fart like me to do the kicking for them and it would have been better.
As for Melbourne making the prelim this year doesn't say much for the rest of the comp.
Highlight of the season so far for me this year was smashing the bastards 2 weeks ago.
All I can say is spread right to open the left side up next week and we will win the comp.

The 11-5 penalty count in Penrith's favour tells the story.

It seemed like Gee wanted to swallow his whistle, but gave Penrith some very soft penalties that proved highly influential. I think he tried to even it out at various points and Melbourne got the benefit of some 50/50 calls, but the damage had been done.

If he was consistent, it would have been a 7-5 in Penrith's favour. If he just called what was infront of him, it would have been a throwback to 2018 with a 18-16 count, it was as grubby as anything.

Active Now

• MrMoore
  • Financeguy
  • Ondi
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Socnorb
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manofoneway
  • Battler
  • bb_gun
  • Allo
  • azza.79
  • kman
  • broncsgoat
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.