NRL 2023 Round 1 Discussion

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
I would love for this to continue all season with the Dogs, they then get desperate and throw chicken sandwich to the wolves and him to totally implode and turn to mud.
It would be so good to see us soaring while his team are getting flogged week in, week out.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
I'm keen to see if the Cows try any quick short line drop outs and if the Raiders totally nullify them.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I thought Manly really out-muscled the Bulldogs through the middle and it allowed Cherry-Evans to play his natural game. Daly is at his best when he has some space and can thread the needle through forcing the opposition to work it out of trouble and that's how it played out all afternoon.

The Manly pack really shared the workload well amongst themselves and I thought Bullemor in particular looked noticeably better than last season.

Reed Mahoney tried his best to inspire the Bulldogs but they just couldn't get into the game. I thought the HIA on Kiraz which led to the break which saw Flanagan penalised for a professional foul really hurt them. However even before that play there were signs of tentativeness and incohesion which is to be expected from a new look team.

It was always going to be difficult for them with their middle rotation. It's already one of the weaker front rows in the competition and without Pangai Jr & Thompson they were caught short.

I don't think it's all doom and gloom. They made a ton of errors that they can learn from and I thought there were some good signs there. He didn't set the world on fire, but I liked what I saw of Preston - kind of reminded of a young Jarrod McCracken.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Some big hits in this game so far.
Hope someone absolutely poleaxes Feldt.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
As much as i hate to say it, Cowboys look really slick. Robson is becoming a top tier 9.

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
holy **** the wank fest over the cowboys is insane. they have played good but made to look so far better with how abysmal raiders are

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
holy **** the wank fest over the cowboys is insane. they have played good but made to look so far better with how abysmal raiders are

Timmy Dreaden. Has to be the most bog ordinary looking bloke in the NRL IMO

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
That looked a bad shot from Rapana. Swinging arm as well

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Rapana could he looking at time on the side lines for that

Unread

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.