NRL 2023 Round 10 Discussion

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Phins up Wolfie!

Good to see the boys establish a lead instead of trying to make an epic comeback.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Everyone waiting for the Phins to fall off a cliff but they keep going. Remarkable really considering their roster.
i think the only real question marks were around their 6 and 7 and of course depth
storm forwards really help and their forward pack gets better next year

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I still dont think Souths were as good as the media made them out to be against us. We probably had 2 players that showed up last week.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
i think the only real question marks were around their 6 and 7 and of course depth

Yep, but so far they are coping well. They have had plenty of injuries and they just keep finding somebody. Katoa is a huge talent but i think Wayne did the right thing by basically recruiting a team full of competitors.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Phins up Wolfie!

Good to see the boys establish a lead instead of trying to make an epic comeback.

Valynce and Gilbert are my two favourite non Broncos. If Te Whare could get a bit more in shape he could be a revelation.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Tesi Niu looks like he's been spending too much time with Milford
I think he needed to put on size for the wing and it's helped him for the role, but he is looking very chunky lol.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Valynce and Gilbert are my two favourite non Broncos. If Te Whare could get a bit more in shape he could be a revelation.
I think for Te Whare you would want to him to stay around that size but put on a bit more muscle and lose the fat.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
The booing for storm when they come out will be hilarious... Latrell and Cody won't know what to do when they're getting cheered at Suncorp
Pretty sure most of the storms fans are based in Brisbane 🙄🙄🙄

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I couldn't believe how under-appreciated Gilbert was during the bulk of his Cowboys stint. He's been a favourite of mine ever since he was too good for MM Cup and he was the first signing that made me breathe a little easier for the Dolphins. As good as those Storm players are, you need players like Gilbert to carry their work ethic forward.

I just like how Bennett has continued to bring players through. That was the main thing I wanted to see out of their team and the direction I believe they should have gone in. When so many fans wrote them off, I don't think they took into account those young players are and how good O'Sullivan is at his job. That's why they've worked as an expansion club, they're not just taking under-appreciated players that were failed by the system, they're bringing through players the right way.

If anything the Dolphins will only grow the talent pool and they have so many promising young guys coming through. JP Donevski, Michael Waqa, John Fineaganofo, Zac Garton etc. They've built a solid foundation and they play that style of footy Queenslanders appreciate.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
The top 8 is close as at the moment.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I couldn't believe how under-appreciated Gilbert was during the bulk of his Cowboys stint. He's been a favourite of mine ever since he was too good for MM Cup and he was the first signing that made me breathe a little easier for the Dolphins. As good as those Storm players are, you need players like Gilbert to carry their work ethic forward.

I just like how Bennett has continued to bring players through. That was the main thing I wanted to see out of their team and the direction I believe they should have gone in. When so many fans wrote them off, I don't think they took into account those young players are and how good O'Sullivan is at his job. That's why they've worked as an expansion club, they're not just taking under-appreciated players that were failed by the system, they're bringing through players the right way.

If anything the Dolphins will only grow the talent pool and they have so many promising young guys coming through. JP Donevski, Michael Waqa, John Fineaganofo, Zac Garton etc. They've built a solid foundation and they play that style of footy Queenslanders appreciate.

Agree about Gilbert. He's one ive spoken about before. Probably struggled to get in up there with JT13 playing lock.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
As much as it goes against my religious beliefs, I sort of want the storm to win. Just so they’re not coming off a loss next week.

I also wish injuries on absolutely no one. Particularly not NAS. Would absolutely hate to see him concussed and ruled out for a week, that would be really awful………

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Gilbert is awesome, he reminds me of LOD. Lemuelu looks pretty damn good too.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Ref has to take the whistle out of his mouth... not here to watch him blowing penalties all fucking night

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Here's hoping for a few injuries for the storm, one game should do. Except for NAS, hope he gets the full facial treatment.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • winslow_wong
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • leon.bott
  • HVbronco
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • mitch222
  • ivanhungryjak
  • thenry
  • barker
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.