NRL 2023 Round 10 Discussion

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
[/st_td_row][st_td]Hibyemama - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 12, 2020
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
How well is Foz going over at the titans. would have scored a hat trick had the winger pass to him 💖Just gotta love Foz, my favourite manly player.

3319.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]HK_Eagle - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 6, 2011
How well is Foz going over at the titans. would have scored a hat trick had the winger pass to him 💖Just gotta love Foz, my favourite manly player.
That young man is lucky his chip worked out because he had an unmarked Foz on the inside ready to complete a hat-trick. It was rather Sualii-Teddy like

3319.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]HK_Eagle - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 6, 2011

Really? Is that an argument you are wanting to put your name too? We have plenty of tin foil hats hanging around in the Manly forum you can take. How the farrkkk did the NRL bring down your poor one team town? Did they close down and prosecute the old thoroughbred organisation making all those player deals at “arm’s length”.. cough cough? Perhaps the NRL sent in a special forces team to kidnap Bennet, remove him from coaching and install a puppet government headed by Seibold? Did they take away your magic round and move it to Sydney, NZ or Adelaide ( thus removing your yearly “home ground” advantage that is meant to be your opposition’s home game)? Please explain to me how the NRL turned the donkeys to $hit.

Easily. Change the rules and draw 2 rounds into a season. The 6-again system with bunker commanding the play is an ideal game management system. It's quite easy to drain a team of energy and deprive them of position and ball in the modern game. After that, it's just a question of fitness and mentality.

3319.jpg

From where I’m standing, the donkeys turned themselves to $hit. They’ve had all the advantages and still haven’t attained any success since 2006. They have certainly turned things around this year and it’s good to see them competitive again… but let’s not farrkkking kid ourselves. A team that has major advantages over most others in the comp and still under-achieving.

Then you'll have no problem admitting Manly have also turned themselves to shit.

3319.jpg
8187.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Organix - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 19, 2012

Easily. Change the rules and draw 2 rounds into a season. The 6-again system with bunker commanding the play is an ideal game management system. It's quite easy to drain a team of energy and deprive them of position and ball in the modern game. After that, it's just a question of fitness and mentality.

Completely agree that there is too much gray space for officials to manipulate games. And I’m the first to call out some really poor officiating… full of inconsistencies and confusion. That said, I can’t cop a donkey fan complaining they are hard done by. For every minor call here and there you may have copped (like all teams), you enjoy much greater power leverage where it counts. You are up there in your advantages with the Rorters sombrero. If any team can cry foul to on-field bias it is the Warriors. I’m not one for conspiracies, but that is a club that has been royally screwed sideways so many times I am cheering for their sponsor CEO’s rants.

3319.jpg
8187.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Organix - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 19, 2012

Then you'll have no problem admitting Manly have also turned themselves to ****.

Completely agree. Much of our misery and the responsibility of that lies with us.

3319.jpg

Completely agree that there is too much gray space for officials to manipulate games. And I’m the first to call out some really poor officiating… full of inconsistencies and confusion. That said, I can’t cop a donkey fan complaining they are hard done by. For every minor call here and there you may have copped (like all teams), you enjoy much greater power leverage where it counts. You are up there in your advantages with the Rorters sombrero. If any team can cry foul to on-field bias it is the Warriors. I’m not one for conspiracies, but that is a club that has been royally screwed sideways so many times I am cheering for their sponsor CEO’s rants.

I'm not disagreeing on the benefits the club has had in the past. I don't know about the sombrero talk, but there were many incidents that showed Brisbane enjoyed some privileges.

I'm only talking about the corona time where the Broncos went 2-0 to start the season. Had a young, exuberant team, but lacked the mental fortitude to cop the absolute dogs-ball reffing that came after the 6-again entered the game. Simultaneously, the Panthers got all the rub of the green in dubious ways and flourished.

Look at the clubs that succeed and you will see dodgy shit every time. Sharks somehow being ok in between salary cheat years to win a gf (ScoMo links here). Penrith losing millions each year until a magical turnaround. Roosters...nuff said. The teams that need saving often get saved, particularly if the AFL is encroaching, or there is some political or financial connection to be made.

The trick to success *nowadays* in this competition is to basically go broke and start losing fans. *Or be a cash cow* the Broncos weren't ever going to be down for long, and who knows if News Corp. took a hit to get some recompense afterwards? I wouldn't put it past them.

3319.jpg
If we were running magic round at Accor every year, and the donkeys were giving up their home games to play against the rabbitohs, we would never hear the end of it from north of the border. The Qlders would be screaming blue murder against the NSWRL for conspiring to rip off the QLD teams…

3319.jpg
8187.jpg

I'm not disagreeing on the benefits the club has had in the past. I don't know about the sombrero talk, but there were many incidents that showed Brisbane enjoyed some privileges.

I'm only talking about the corona time where the Broncos went 2-0 to start the season. Had a young, exuberant team, but lacked the mental fortitude to cop the absolute dogs-ball reffing that came after the 6-again entered the game. Simultaneously, the Panthers got all the rub of the green in dubious ways and flourished.

Look at the clubs that succeed and you will see dodgy **** every time. Sharks somehow being ok in between salary cheat years to win a gf (ScoMo links here). Penrith losing millions each year until a magical turnaround. Roosters...nuff said. The teams that need saving, often get saved, particularly if the AFL is encroaching, or there is some political or financial connection to be made.

The trick to success in this competition is to basically go broke and start losing fans.

I have no issue questioning some dubious favouritism. I think the V’Landy Ball year that you feel aggrieved about was not something fixed to work against the donkeys, specifically. I just think it was a random idea to try and bring greater interest to the game without thinking of the repercussions and who it would favour. But yes, I do believe there is some bias (conscious or otherwise) to favour teams that are perceived to support a stronger NRL comp… and that could be supporting a garbage team that is a threat to go belly up or give a powerhouse ongoing regular to exposure because they sell well.

3319.jpg
You know, the last time Manly got to play their actual home game against the donkeys was in 2014. Get your head around that. And yet, we are suppose to go on celebrating this concept because it serves certain powers… and let’s just ignore any effort to have a level playing field. The whole reason we have this scenario is because of the already unfair advantages the donkeys enjoy as a one team town with a huge fan base.

3319.jpg

I have no issue questioning some dubious favouritism. I think the V’Landy Ball year that you feel aggrieved about was not something fixed to work against the donkeys, specifically. I just think it was a random idea to try and bring greater interest to the game without thinking of the repercussions and who it would favour. But yes, I do believe there is some bias (conscious or otherwise) to favour teams that are perceived to support a stronger NRL comp… and that could be supporting a garbage team that is a threat to go belly up or give a powerhouse ongoing regular to exposure because they sell well.

With the new rules there is undoubtedly a greater potential for the game to be managed. Phantom 6-again calls do not allow for scrutiny or questioning, increase fatigue, are discretionary and fully dependent on time (when in the game or set), location (where on the field). Furthermore, they were not recorded in the same way as penalties (don't know if are now), which meant fans could not point out statistical discrepancies such as biased penalty counts.

Not to mention that there is a known "trenting" directive used by refs to level up the penalty count by the end of the game, AND that often happens when the result is ensured. Also, a team could be perfect one week and dreadful the next with regards to ruck infringements, similarly, one team could be perfect angels and the other infringe every other set.

It is game management heaven.

I also want to point out that the entertainment product now desires results to be <12 for greater excitement, and scores are desired to be higher. A 2-0 grind match is almost a thing of the past.

3319.jpg
8187.jpg

With the new rules there is undoubtedly a greater potential for the game to be managed. Phantom 6-again calls do not allow for scrutiny or questioning, increase fatigue, are discretionary and fully dependent on time (when in the game or set), location (where on the field). Furthermore, they were not recorded in the same way as penalties (don't know if are now), which meant fans could not point out statistical discrepancies such as biased penalty counts.

Not to mention that there is a known "trenting" directive used by refs to level up the penalty count by the end of the game, AND that often happens when the result is ensured. Also, a team could be perfect one week and dreadful the next with regards to ruck infringements, similarly, one team could be perfect angels and the other infringe every other set.

It is game management heaven.

I also want to point out that the entertainment product now desires results to be <12 for greater excitement, and scores are desired to be higher. A 2-0 grind match is almost a thing of the past.

No arguments with me on your argument.

3319.jpg

You know, the last time Manly got to play their actual home game against the donkeys was in 2014. Get your head around that. And yet, we are suppose to go on celebrating this concept because it serves certain powers… and let’s just ignore any effort to have a level playing field. The whole reason we have this scenario is because of the already unfair advantages the donkeys enjoy as a one team town with a huge fan base.

The home game thing is something you should bring up with the powers that be at your club they have been selling that home game for a while now

3319.jpg
9255.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Xzei - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 13, 2017

The home game thing is something you sjould bring up with the powers that be at your club they have been selling that home game for a while now

As I pointed out in two previous posts. Our current CEO came out last week and made it clear we are not happy with the arrangement.

That said, the imbalance in power and financial clout between clubs is what puts the donkeys in a position to command magic round in their backyard while teams like Manly, who don’t have the same financial privileges, have to compromise to try and survive. And that discrepancy is not simply based on hard work deserving it. It largely comes from having a one team town vs the saturated Sydney market.

3319.jpg

As I pointed out in two previous posts. Our current CEO came out last week and made it clear we are not happy with the arrangement.

That said, the imbalance in power and financial clout between clubs is what puts the donkeys in a position to command magic round in their backyard while teams like Manly, who don’t have the same financial privileges, have to compromise to try and survive. And that discrepancy is not simply based on hard work deserving it. It largely comes from having a one team town vs the saturated Sydney market.

How long is the deal to take a home game to brisbane out of curiosity? I know they committed to it around 2016 or something.

3319.jpg
9255.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Xzei - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 13, 2017

How long is the deal to take a home game to brisbane out of curiosity? I know they committed to it around 2016 or something.

I believe this is the last year of the current deal. I’m not positive on that, but I heard something to that effect recently.

3319.jpg

I believe this is the last year of the current deal. I’m not positive on that, but I heard something to that effect recently.

Does manly to any private investing similar to the roosters or penn pretty slack with that?
As much as i hate the roosters politis has set that club up for well after he dies

3319.jpg
9255.jpg

Does manly to any private investing similar to the roosters or penn pretty slack with that?

Penn is something of a laughing stock around here. TBH, we have no idea what he does, but the consensus seems to be that he invests as little as possible and takes whatever he can. He certainly doesn’t appear to have the connections of a Politis. Whatever, 3rd party deals are operating at Manly, it’s highly unlikely they are organised or structured through Penn or others. Ironically, 3rd party deals probably work the way the NRL markets them as “arms length”.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Mister Wright
  • jd87
  • phoenix
  • Manofoneway
  • Gaz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • bert_lifts
  • Culhwch
  • TimWhatley
  • Socnorb
  • Big Del
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bish
  • Bucking Beads
  • IceWorks
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.