CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 14 Discussion

Penalty for Mickey Lewis throwing away a players boot.

SKD almost with a Hodgo debut origin moment

If anyone gave a shit about the Titans, Holbrook would have got the boot 2 seasons ago. But now they are just expected to **** up, and when they have that one unexpected win every season, the media is all "looks like they've turned the corner, we actually have a really serious football team here".

That is terrible defence... big prop just strolls through

Won't be going on to his Masters then.
Go Away GIF

If anyone gave a shit about the Titans, Holbrook would have got the boot 2 seasons ago. But now they are just expected to **** up, and when they have that one unexpected win every season, the media is all "looks like they've turned the corner, we actually have a really serious football team here".
After what happened with Henry and Brennan it's in their best interest to stick with a coach and just be patient. What I like about Holbrook's approach is that he's largely thinking long term. If you sack him, you run the risk of bringing in a coach who wants to tear it up, sign a bunch of players he coached in NSW Cup on inflated contracts and you're back in that cycle again.

If the Titans are going to be successful, it's going to be a long road.

After what happened with Henry and Brennan it's in their best interest to stick with a coach and just be patient. What I like about Holbrook's approach is that he's largely thinking long term. If you sack him, you run the risk of bringing in a coach who wants to tear it up, sign a bunch of players he coached in NSW Cup on inflated contracts and you're back in that cycle again.

If the Titans are going to be successful, it's going to be a long road.

How long? Thankfully for them, the only genuine fans have been so since the Giants days, so they have some patience.

How long? Thankfully for them, the only genuine fans have been so since the Giants days, so they have some patience.
His contract runs out next year, so if they're still producing the same performances until then.

I could understand it if they were getting smashed and never turned up. However they've been in every single game this year.

The other thing for the Titans, even if they did sack Holbrook who are they going to get?

The only decent coach thats available is probably Flanno unless you go all in for rookie who is going to be as much long term as just keeping Holbrook anyways.

Titans have less journeyman these days and more young talent, I think it can pay off for them if they stick with the coach.

The other thing for the Titans, even if they did sack Holbrook who are they going to get?

The only decent coach thats available is probably Flanno unless you go all in for rookie who is going to be as much long term as just keeping Holbrook anyways.
Seibold will probably be available.

So many penalties given away by Hull. Discipline is so bad

Hannay is the one I would be chasing if going for a rookie coach.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.