NOT CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 14 Discussion

Lol and now everything going to the tigers

Glad to see the tigers finishing strong with a raider in the bin. Raiders have taken the absolute piss all night with the ruck slowdown.

I've sort of half been paying attention but man, Canberra seem to be doing constant second / third efforts, are rarely onside and making absolutely no attempts to roll away from the ruck and it is all play on.

We constantly hear about wanting a faster game and Canberra are just laying in the ruck almost every single tackle and slowing it down something shocking. 8 set restarts and all of them are warranted, someone should have been in the bin FAR earlier than this to cut it out.
I was also thinking about game speed for the reasons you mentioned.

I think the issue is that there are no legitimate game-slowing tactics anymore. Once upon a time, a kick for touch 10 out like what Wighton did earlier would slow the game, give the team a breather. It was tactical, and it was something to defend if the team without the ball wanted to keep the game at speed. But no, the tigers get a ptb in the middle of the field.

Now, teams have to do the illegitimate kind of game management, and it also plays into the refereeing decisions.

Canberra deserved to have someone sent to the bin. It was blatant, but it has now had a HUGE impact on the game, and in these circumstances it is NOT on the ref, but it could be seen to be.

I was also thinking about game speed for the reasons you mentioned.

I think the issue is that there are no legitimate game-slowing tactics anymore. Once upon a time, a kick for touch 10 out like what Wighton did earlier would slow the game, give the team a breather. It was tactical, and it was something to defend if the team without the ball wanted to keep the game at speed. Now, teams have to do the illegitimate kind of game management, and it also plays into the refereeing decisions.

Canberra deserved to have someone sent to the bin. It was blatant, but it has now had a HUGE impact on the game, and in these circumstances it is NOT on the ref, but it could be seen to be.

I hear ya but I think most fans are smarter than the NRL would have you believe. I think most fans will know this is all on the Raiders, they've been disgraceful and Stuart will complain as he always does but he should be ignored.

I hear ya but I think most fans are smarter than the NRL would have you believe. I think most fans will know this is all on the Raiders, they've been disgraceful and Stuart will complain as he always does but he should be ignored.
Yeah, but it is actually the NRL that have caused this problem by changing the rules for entertainment purposes.

The raiders have been garbage this whole game and the only reason they've been in it is because of all the illegal slowing down on their try line.

If they had to play within the rules tigers are probably winning the game already

beautiful jim carey GIF

The raiders have been garbage this whole game and the only reason they've been in it is because of all the illegal slowing down on their try line.

If they had to play within the rules tigers are probably winning the game already
Oh, definitely in this case the Raiders only have themselves to blame. But we have discussed here how the players are incentivised to push the rules, because typically the good teams are the ones able to slow the ruck (illegally) and force the ref to make those calls. The Raiders are just shit at doing that, and too shit to defend an 18 point lead with 12 men for 10 minutes.

Lol and now Brooks with a field goal to take the lead

Luke Brooks has been instrumental, and deserves this moment

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Xzei
  • NSW stables
  • Kev_Guz
  • Santa
  • bert_lifts
  • Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • ezpz
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.