CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 19 Discussion

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
he's gone full stupid.

a shoulder charge making contact with the head, accidental or not has been a sin bin for several years

That's not his issue, it was a penalty and then when he didn't get up with a neck injury it became on report and sin bin.

JD is saying Milne didn't cause the neck injury and him being hurt changed the decision.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
I have to agree with Demetriou tbh. Even though his whinging about the ruck is complete bullshit. You could see that he hurt his neck in the guy that came over the top after the original hit. The bunker got spooked after they had already ruled. I dont think it was sin bin worthy. It was a catching motion.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
My 2 cents on JD. He was right this match on the Bulldogs slowing the ruck considerably. It was very noticeable. The ref would call held, then the Dogs would still be wrestling and half a tic later the player would be brought to the ground, etc. Or they would be lying like a blanket on the player, or moving hands to the ball. It was pretty obvious ruck infringement strategy, and the ref let it go for whatever reason.
JD was also right about the farcical way the Sin Binning occurred. They should have got that correct immediately, not faffed around while the player was being stretchered off. It was a sin bin, and they eventually got it right, but it looks shit when it takes 3 looks and 4 minutes.
However, JD should STFU. He was whining last week about the refs and they won and were no angels in the match. Then he goes and has a cry this week in the post-match? Spare me. Sook it up in private and let the fans whinge. His team got stung early and should have been better.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
My 2 cents on JD. He was right this match on the Bulldogs slowing the ruck considerably. It was very noticeable. The ref would call held, then the Dogs would still be wrestling and half a tic later the player would be brought to the ground, etc. Or they would be lying like a blanket on the player, or moving hands to the ball. It was pretty obvious ruck infringement strategy, and the ref let it go for whatever reason.
JD was also right about the farcical way the Sin Binning occurred. They should have got that correct immediately, not faffed around while the player was being stretchered off. It was a sin bin, and they eventually got it right, but it looks shit when it takes 3 looks and 4 minutes.
However, JD should STFU. He was whining last week about the refs and they won and were no angels in the match. Then he goes and has a cry this week in the post-match? Spare me. Sook it up in private and let the fans whinge. His team got stung early and should have been better.
It’ll come as no surprise that Corey Parker just came out saying he 100% agrees with JD.

Mr Frank White

NZWarriors
Except they had a faster ptb speed as per the stats soooooo

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
It’ll come as no surprise that Corey Parker just came out saying he 100% agrees with JD.
I agree with JD too, but it's not a good look for him. Parker, for example, can do whatever he wants in his line of work. He isn't a coach, and he lost the job he had as one. Players whose coach makes excuses will also make excuses. The only time a coach should invoke the reffing is to tell the players they won't be getting any favours and it may as well be 14 v 13 out there and they have to be perfect/better.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Except they had a faster ptb speed as per the stats soooooo
I mean, it does also depend on how that stat is measured. For example, Payne Haas last year had very fast ptb stats, but it was because he was wrapped up, walked forward a few metres as the defensive line reset, then the ref called held, Payne bent over and played the ball. This is different to a player hitting the ground, getting laid on, standing and playing the ball. Maybe the Rabbits were just springing up fast after the tackle was deemed complete. Also, I'm not sure if this stat improved over the course of the match, because most of what I saw happened early on, as the Dogs were on top.

Mr Frank White

NZWarriors
I mean, it does also depend on how that stat is measured. For example, Payne Haas last year had very fast ptb stats, but it was because he was wrapped up, walked forward a few metres as the defensive line reset, then the ref called held, Payne bent over and played the ball. This is different to a player hitting the ground, getting laid on, standing and playing the ball. Maybe the Rabbits were just springing up fast after the tackle was deemed complete. Also, I'm not sure if this stat improved over the course of the match, because most of what I saw happened early on, as the Dogs were on top.
Fair. I dont really know how its measured either. But I find some coaches whinging hilarious. As if the refs somehow favour the Dogs... 😂

wizards rage

NZWarriors
Looking forward to the Dolphins vs Titans game today.

It’s that time of the season where the loser in these games almost puts a line through their top 8 chances. A lot to play for!
Got the mother in law staying and she wants to watch the tv instead of league.

While I could have said it’s my tv, it’s worth letting her watch for a while so it keeps her out of my hair for a while 🤣

Anyway - I’m going for the fins in this one

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Schopp out in no man's land ... bloke is a spud

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
That was a shocker of end to that set from the Titans, shocker of a pass to the winger, who lucky to get it back then that chip kick that could have easily led to a runaway try. Eventually the Dolphins score in the next set.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Graham has been very sharp at hooker for the Phins

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
These crusher tackles are a bit of a joke at times.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
An example of how disruptive the HIA can be, to call that on the 3rd tackle deep in attack for the attacking team....

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Manofoneway
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dexter
  • leon.bott
  • Xzei
  • Rambstien
  • Allo
  • jd87
  • Galah
  • lynx000
  • Gaz
  • Seibs
  • Dash
  • TimWhatley
  • bb_gun
  • Fozz
  • Shane Tronc
  • Bucking Beads
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.