NRL 2023 Round 2 Discussion

Personally I think Robinson saying anything is totally unwarranted.

Let's say some shit **** robs a bank and kills someone, whilst he's wearing a Broncos jersey......
Is the club expected to apologise for that ***** behaviour?

Ridiculous !!

Roosters fan racially abuses player at a football game is a bit different from Roosters fan robs a bank in the middle of the city. One is related to the sport, the other isn't.

Personally I think Robinson saying anything is totally unwarranted.

Let's say some shit **** robs a bank and kills someone, whilst he's wearing a Broncos jersey......
Is the club expected to apologise for that ***** behaviour?

Ridiculous !!

Yeah look, I don't wanna get too off topic here but bank robbers usually aren't out to kill. Historically speaking, some of the bank robbers we've locked away have gone on to be great role models.

Hopefully the kid who hurled the racial abuse learns a lesson from this, however given his age and the fact he said that, I doubt he will learn anything. JD was bang on the money, the parents should be banned too for obviously lacking the fundamental ability to educate their offspring.

As a fan of Souths i was once again disappointed in Latrell Mitchel, he shoots his mouth off and once again in a big game he goes missing, where were the tough carries out from his end?, for mine as creative as he is atm he is still in the shadow of Tedesco .

As a fan of Souths i was once again disappointed in Latrell Mitchel, he shoots his mouth off and once again in a big game he goes missing, where were the tough carries out from his end?, for mine as creative as he is atm he is still in the shadow of Tedesco .

I don't think he's fat but he's certainly not the most agile fullback going around, if you get him changing directions like Penrith did last night in one of their tries you can easily expose him.

Who were the 5 Souths forwards missing?

1. Arrow
2. Tatola
3. Knight
4. ??
5. ??

Come on everyone, we all know Souths made the correct decision re: ARey

At least the correct decision for us.

And I for one think that they should be given our gratitude for delivering ARey to us on a silver platter. Very kind of them

If they want to try and stamp out racism at games, they need to start charging people. Even then it probably won’t do much.

Life bans are nothing punishments. I’ve seen people with life bans still attend games because the security just don’t give a shit. They wait until there’s a big crowd lining up at the gates and come in then, the staff are too busy ushering people through to get the lines cleared up.

Roosters fan racially abuses player at a football game is a bit different from Roosters fan robs a bank in the middle of the city. One is related to the sport, the other isn't.
The point was/is....just because he's wearing a Roosters jersey, doesn't necessarily make him a Roosters fan.
I know plenty of dickheads out there who wear NRL jerseys...just because.

Yeah look, I don't wanna get too off topic here but bank robbers usually aren't out to kill. Historically speaking, some of the bank robbers we've locked away have gone on to be great role models.
Look....bank robbing was just an example

Change bank robber to rapist......pedo...... >insert shit **** criminal act< .....my point still remains.

The point was/is....just because he's wearing a Roosters jersey, doesn't necessarily make him a Roosters fan.
I know plenty of dickheads out there who wear NRL jerseys...just because.

Come off it, he's at a football game and he's wearing a roosters jersey. You might get away with that argument if he wasn't at a game.

If they want to try and stamp out racism at games, they need to start charging people. Even then it probably won’t do much.

Life bans are nothing punishments. I’ve seen people with life bans still attend games because the security just don’t give a shit. They wait until there’s a big crowd lining up at the gates and come in then, the staff are too busy ushering people through to get the lines cleared up.
No security guard has a book of people who are banned from the venue on them
**** even pubs are bad unless its a small community
If they were going to enforce a proper ban, photo ID scanners would be the only way to enforce it

Come off it, he's at a football game and he's wearing a roosters jersey. You might get away with that argument if he wasn't at a game.

You're wrong.......

Cucumber Mic Drop GIF by Awkwafina

Trent Robinson might not be required to apologise but there’s no rule saying he can’t if he wants to. Point to Trent Robinson in this case. As for the incident itself……meh. Ever attended a game at the old lang park? Today’s players need to grow a set in a lot of ways but it is what it is. If they can find him name him and shame him and ban him I guess.

Coach talks about the Mitchell situation.

Good luck banning stupid, drunk people from NRL games. How does someone determine if someone was racially motivated in using "black" in their rant, when it could have easily been "fat", for example?. This time may have definitely been more obvious hate speech (dunno what was said), but it's a hard one to be arbitrary about.
Best bet would be first removing alcohol from around the sport to remove its influence in the issue.

Yes I know they are saying it was a kid, but he's learning it in a certain environment.

What on earth was with Sivo's weird running style to score his try?

Trent Robinson might not be required to apologise but there’s no rule saying he can’t if he wants to. Point to Trent Robinson in this case.
Sure...point to whoever.
I'm just saying I don't like it...and I strongly suspect some exuberant young Roosters media/HR/PR/ fuckstick, squealed out loud when they first heard the football hooligan/racist, was wearing the club's colours.

There was no need to apologise, the club didn't do anything wrong.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Manofoneway
  • mieko
  • Cavalo
  • broncos4life
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • maddo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Robboi_321
  • Bucking Beads
  • theshed
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.