NRL 2023 Round 2 Discussion

I was wondering if Tass did anything untoward? It's a shame because I thought Edwards and Turuva especially played well.

I really didnt see anything. It was such an odd look for them to carry on like pork chops.

Souths got well beaten in the forwards and no surprise with 5 injured but to be honest that try just before half time was the killer, a knock on every day.

Despite tipping Souths really, really enjoyed this game. Gotta say there was a real sliding doors moment in the first half though. Nathan cleary’s successful challenge is a call only a select few in nrl history would have gotten. I can only think of a few who would have received the same call under the same circumstances.

1. johnathan Thurston 2013 - retirement.
2. Billy slater
3. Cameron smith
4. Cooper cronk as a rooster
5.Peter vlandis.

whole different game we watch tonight if the correct call was made with all the benefits of slo mo hd replays.

For everyone saying Souffs were robbed, I thought their first try is a try they were lucky to get. They are usually quite black and white when it comes to interpretations, his arm carrying the ball clearly contacts the ground with a defender on him before he passes it.

Funny reading the comments on Edwards, because he really wasn’t a tosser until this season. Him and Yeo always seem to stay out of the “throwing up Gang signs” wanna be bullshit. You never see them 6th man in from behind, like Luai and Co. I guess being around those dropkicks will eventually rub off on you. Remember Api shitting on his new employer prior to starting there?
The Tiggers then rewarded him and made him captain 😂

Looks like Mitchell was racially abused. Not the first time at Penrith either. Cesspool.
Someone must have called him a trailertrash redneck.
E8DFCC76 60F4 4339 8135 B4A30C4A6365

Attachments

• 69F18945-1CBC-44BB-836B-C6641B97A1F8.jpeg
    69F18945-1CBC-44BB-836B-C6641B97A1F8.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 51
For everyone saying Souffs were robbed, I thought their first try is a try they were lucky to get. They are usually quite black and white when it comes to interpretations, his arm carrying the ball clearly contacts the ground with a defender on him before he passes it.
Souths had no business even being in that game at the end.

Whatever they are complaining about they got back in spades when the refs tried to bring them back into the contest with 10min to go.

I really didnt see anything. It was such an odd look for them to carry on like pork chops.
Looking at the Tass try again, after the try is scored, Isaiah leans his head into Dylan Edwards and whatever he said caused Turuva to react.

It's still a disappointing look from Edwards but it wasn't completely unwarranted either.

Souffs fans getting a lesson on the importance of having a halfback with a quality kicking game.

I wonder if they ever had someone like that… Hmmmm…

Is Grant Atkins actually related to Cleary through marriage, or is that just an internet rumour?

Funny reading the comments on Edwards, because he really wasn’t a tosser until this season. Him and Yeo always seem to stay out of the “throwing up Gang signs” wanna be bullshit. You never see them 6th man in from behind, like Luai and Co. I guess being around those dropkicks will eventually rub off on you. Remember Api shitting on his new employer prior to starting there?
The Tiggers then rewarded him and made him captain 😂
What about him talking shit to Palasia last year?

What about him talking shit to Palasia last year?
To be honest, I don’t remember it, you could be right.
I also don’t remember this Palasia fellow you speak of?! Is he the former passenger that used to be on the Broncos Premiership Train and now has decided to go the way of Fifita?! A lot less work (no finals) & potentially more money.

Souffs fans getting a lesson on the importance of having a halfback with a quality kicking game.

I wonder if they ever had someone like that… Hmmmm…
The fellatio to Ilias by the media this last week was ridiculous. They bloke has barely looked like a first grader for his whole career so far but has one good game against a very poor sharks team and all of a sudden he is one of the best halfbacks in the game and they all collectively owe South’s an apology for saying they shouldn’t have let Reynolds go.

Utterly ridiculous.

The fellatio to Ilias by the media this last week was ridiculous. They bloke has barely looked like a first grader for his whole career so far but has one good game against a very poor sharks team and all of a sudden he is one of the best halfbacks in the game and they all collectively owe South’s an apology for saying they shouldn’t have let Reynolds go.

Utterly ridiculous.
He's an Anasta client, so he's basically one of the boys.

Illias didnt ask for all the media attention, i believe Souths did the right thing letting Reynolds go, and Grant Atkins was a Penrith junior .

Illias didnt ask for all the media attention, i believe Souths did the right thing letting Reynolds go, and Grant Atkins was a Penrith junior .

He invited the attention via Anasta.
They should have given Reyno his extra year, earned it. Big mistake for a number of reasons.
Atikins is such a smarmy prick.

All Reynolds was asking for was an extra year instead of the one year deal.

They could have kept one of the best halfbacks in the game during their premiership window and given Illias a quality mentor to learn from.

Active Now

• Redux
  • ivanhungryjak
  • FACTHUNT
  • Browny
  • Sproj
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Dexter
  • winslow_wong
  • Locky’s Left Boot
  • broncos4life
  • RolledOates
  • Wolfie
  • Redfern_1980
  • Cavalo
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • Old Mate
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Hurrijo
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.