NRL 2023 Round 2 Discussion

Illias didnt ask for all the media attention, i believe Souths did the right thing letting Reynolds go, and Grant Atkins was a Penrith junior .
Where did I say he did? And what does that have to do with anything?

Not having a shot at you, just saying this is what the media does, they pile on 1 good performance and blow it up, Lachy is developing well, if Souths didnt let Adam Reynolds go they would have lost Lachy, its was a decision looking forward they had to make, win for both clubs, i can see Adam coaching one day.
Where did I say he did? And what does that have to do with anything?

Not having a shot at you, just saying this is what the media does, they pile on 1 good performance and blow it up, Lachy is developing well, if Souths didnt let Adam Reynolds go they would have lost Lachy, its was a decision looking forward they had to make, win for both clubs, i can see Adam coaching one day.

Yeah, it had to have been a tough decision I think. Lachy is clearly talented and a choice had to be made. If they retain Adam and lose Ilias, they set themselves back a few years down the track. As much as I love having him at the Broncos, it's one of those situations where it never should have had to happen though. This is where serious cap concessions need to come in for long serving players, local juniors etc.

Was genuinely surprised at his height, he's a lot shorter than I thought.

Agreed. Illias is a good, smart player and getting better, if you're gonna have a 22yo halfback you could do much worse than him. If Jock Madden is gonna take over from Reynolds in the future I hope he's a similar style to Illias, I think that would work alongside Walsh and Mam.

Can’t believe there were so many people tipping against the Panthers this game.

I think I speak for everyone when I add lol@souffs.
Jury is still out on this one as we are just into the 2nd year, South’s offered him a 1yr deal.

Seems like we are already getting good value from the deal, completely understand South’s position though. Sucks that players like ARey and others that play a long time for a club don’t start accumulating salary cap concessions.

Something like 10% per year starting in the 4th or 5th year.. some sliding scale to reward clubs for holding onto their players.

#9News
Trent Robinson has apologised to Latrell Mitchell on behalf of the club after he was allegedly racially abused by a fan in a Roosters jersey. Robinson said he’s deeply disappointed but not surprised as racism is still an issue in society See his comments on
Conflicting reports.

First I saw was Rabbitohs jersey then no jersey. Last I saw it was a fan of another team.

@9NewsSyd
#9News

#9News
Trent Robinson has apologised to Latrell Mitchell on behalf of the club after he was allegedly racially abused by a fan in a Roosters jersey. Robinson said he’s deeply disappointed but not surprised as racism is still an issue in society See his comments on

@9NewsSyd
#9News

That's fairly definite then if Robinson is apologising.

#9News
Trent Robinson has apologised to Latrell Mitchell on behalf of the club after he was allegedly racially abused by a fan in a Roosters jersey.
Personally I think Robinson saying anything is totally unwarranted.

Let's say some shit **** robs a bank and kills someone, whilst he's wearing a Broncos jersey......
Is the club expected to apologise for that ***** behaviour?

Ridiculous !!

Can’t believe there were so many people tipping against the Panthers this game.

If Souths were full strength they could have matched them in the middle and I reckon they're a better attacking team than Penrith currently but once I knew Souths were missing a few key middles it was a pretty easy tip.

Active Now

• Ghost of Vlansys
  • maddo
  • broncos4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Robboi_321
  • Bucking Beads
  • theshed
  • Lurker
  • Culhwch
  • Jazza
  • ettybay
  • Dexter
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.