View attachment 23662

Sad Doctor Who GIF
Think About It GIF by Identity

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Likely 32 is the score to make top 8 this year + differential.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
So...Roosters and Rabbits, provided Roosters beat the Tigers, it is a shoot out for the last spot between them, unless the Cows win both their games and beat the Panthers next week. Amazingly, the Knights are now not yet secure in the top 8 unless they win one of their remaining games.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
What do you guys make of the Eels season? 12-12 with a positive differential, but unless something miraculous happens they'll miss the finals.

Seems like a real transitional year and considering all the drama surrounding Dylan Brown they did well to avoid a bottom four finish. They've managed to lock both him and Moses up long-term too which is huge considering Reynolds, DCE, Keary, Hunt, Foran, C. Walker, Townsend etc. can't be too far off from retirement.

It may not mean much in 2024, but 2025 they could find themselves with one of the strongest cores.

I don't think they're that far off. In fact I think they would have played finals if their outside backs didn't play so poorly.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The Panthers should be able to manage without Luai.

Unless it's season ending, they may only be without him for two games. I doubt he was ever going to play against the Cowboys and the Panthers have enough quality in their side that they can take on anyone at home.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
What do you guys make of the Eels season? 12-12 with a positive differential, but unless something miraculous happens they'll miss the finals.

Seems like a real transitional year and considering all the drama surrounding Dylan Brown they did well to avoid a bottom four finish. They've managed to lock both him and Moses up long-term too which is huge considering Reynolds, DCE, Keary, Hunt, Foran, C. Walker, Townsend etc. can't be too far off from retirement.

It may not mean much in 2024, but 2025 they could find themselves with one of the strongest cores.

I don't think they're that far off. In fact I think they would have played finals if their outside backs didn't play so poorly.
think they were also cursed in the forwards rcg and paulo missing time with injury and suspension if both them were available all year i think they may have got a couple more wins

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
think they were also cursed in the forwards rcg and paulo missing time with injury and suspension if both them were available all year i think they may have got a couple more wins
Good point, Shaun Lane was another who struggled to get back to his best as well. He missed the start of the season with a broken jaw and right as he was getting back to his best he did his hammy.

Their pack is beginning to age out (Paulo, RCG, Lane, Matto, Davey & Cartwright will all be in their 30s) so it'll be interesting to see their succession planning.

Right now it's beginning to look like Hopgood & Greig as their potential stars. There are whispers that Utoikamanu could be headed back, he'd be handy.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Good point, Shaun Lane was another who struggled to get back to his best as well. He missed the start of the season with a broken jaw and right as he was getting back to his best he did his hammy.

Their pack is beginning to age out (Paulo, RCG, Lane, Matto, Davey & Cartwright will all be in their 30s) so it'll be interesting to see their succession planning.

Right now it's beginning to look like Hopgood & Greig as their potential stars. There are whispers that Utoikamanu could be headed back, he'd be handy.
damn they got old fast lol

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

There’s also whispers Papalii wants to head back to so if they both leave the Tigers for Eels, that’ll definitely make them stronger. But with an aging forward pack and precious little strike in their backline, even with a decent 6 and 7, their window looks to be closing to me. Gutherson is an above average fullback so they helps but they have a vortex at 9 without Mahoney. They have a number of cracks in their side that are papered over by a good veteran class. The question to me is how Longview am that veteran class remain viable?

Brett Da Man LeMan

Brett Da Man LeMan

QCup Player
Aug 11, 2023
Is lasts nights game worth watching? Or just the highlights? I was in bed early for work and didn't get to see it.
Anyone got the time stamp for Luai being injured? Wouldn't mind watching that 3 or 4 hundred times.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
did sivo go for a hia after the penalty try?the swinging arm was enough for him to release the ball would have though they would have pulled him to be checked?

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Well last night's result helped us out. If you broncos boys do what you should do and clinch the minor premiership Penrith will rest their biggest guns because they are not stupid and don't want to continue to drop like flys.

And after saying all that the dolphins probably beat us by 20 tonight...

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • broncos4life
  • Lostboy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Ozired
  • Hammerman47
  • Griffo
  • Strop
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • heartly87
  • I bleed Maroon
  • phoenix
  • winslow_wong
  • Allo
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.