CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 26 Discussion

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Leilua has been absolute dog shit at reading decoys. Lazy efforts.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Just because one was on the bounce and the other on the full does not make it any less dangerous.

Watch Garrick fall, then watch Isaako fall. Both fell exactly the same way.

I'm not disputing that one is within the rules and the other is against the rules. That's not the issue. The issue is the dangerous position the player with the ball was put in. Both fell the same after having their legs clipped from under them while in the air. So how was CNK's hit on Garrick any less dangerous??
Now you're talking sense. The answer: it wasn't any less dangerous.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Wow! Fox actually giving Feldt a hard time about his Fly Kick. Pretty sure I saw a Penrith player do it last night, just missed.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Wow! Fox actually giving Feldt a hard time about his Fly Kick. Pretty sure I saw a Penrith player do it last night, just missed.
They all do it. Make it a rule or compete for the ball instead of running with your two front teeth out. It's bound to happen a few times

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Don't think you get put on report for tackled in the air... but you can be put on report for a dangerous tackle, which both were

View attachment 23680

maybe the should be considered the same. It may even be a rule change i could actually get on board with. However, as of 8:53pm AEST on 25 August 2023 it is not illegal. in fact, here is the section on dangerous tackles:

there is however a rule against mid air tackles for a defender attempting to catch the ball "on the full"

Screenshot 2023 08 25 205537

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Billy slater was suspended for fly kung fu kicks wasn’t he?
Reported, not charged. Cleared of any wrongdoing. Plus originally awarded the penalty Before the Bungler jumped in.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I've got no issue with it... same with Reece in origin 1.

A player is allowed to catch the ball however they want... what if a the ball moves off course late requiring a correction.

Also SOS gets contacted whilst Feldt is still in the air... if you don't want to get a boot to the face don't contact him whilst he's in the air.

If Feldt still had his leg up high whilst the other one is on the ground or if he was moving forward for the ball with his leg stretched out in front of him (not knee)... I'd have more of an issue with it, but whilst he's in the air he can assume that no one will be touching him until he gets to ground and should be allowed to catch the ball however he needs to.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
C
Billy slater was suspended for fly kung fu kicks wasn’t he?
Reported, not charged. Cleared of any wrongdoing. Plus originally awarded the penalty Before the Bungler jumped in.

HiiiiYAAAAAA!!

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
I've got no issue with it... same with Reece in origin 1.

A player is allowed to catch the ball however they want... what if a the ball moves off course late requiring a correction.

Also SOS gets contacted whilst Feldt is still in the air... if you don't want to get a boot to the face don't contact him whilst he's in the air.

If Feldt still had his leg up high whilst the other one is on the ground or if he was moving forward for the ball with his leg stretched out in front of him (not knee)... I'd have more of an issue with it, but whilst he's in the air he can assume that no one will be touching him until he gets to ground and should be allowed to catch the ball however he needs to.
The only problem I have is intent. If players are lashing out with the boot, I give a shit where they are on the Z-Axis. Players coming close to tackle when a player lands is not tackling in the air, and they should not be worried about someone flinging a boot out into their chops when they are 1m away.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
maybe the should be considered the same. It may even be a rule change i could actually get on board with. However, as of 8:53pm AEST on 25 August 2023 it is not illegal. in fact, here is the section on dangerous tackles:

View attachment 23682

there is however a rule against mid air tackles for a defender attempting to catch the ball "on the full"

View attachment 23683
Except Laybutt wasn't penalised for tackled in the air... he was penalised and put on report for a dangerous tackle.

The same incident that occurred last week but was ruled differently this week...

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
That is the LAMEST shepherd penalty EVER!

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Dolphins have their work cut out to sort this squad for the future, Herbie and Flegs will improve them but the spine(especially the halves) needs work.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Isaako providing free passages to his tryline... he's bringing his old Suncorp form to this dolphins side

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Dolphins have their work cut out to sort this squad for the future, Herbie and Flegs will improve them but the spine(especially the halves) needs work.
I think having the lack there has actually lifted KNik. Katoa should come good soon, but SOS is really a fringe first-grader.

Unread

Active Now

• blacknwhite
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.