CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 27 Discussion

Cooper Cronk is clearly tipping the Panthers to go out in straight sets.

in his question to Cleary he mentioned Crichton only having "two more weeks in a Panthers jersey"

🤔
Is this a narrative slip?

I'm on the Dragons in the tips here...nervous... I really need them to win to seal second place, and possibly sneak into first...

I figure Knights have some key players resting, Dragons haven't really been too bad of late and will want to end the season on a high. I think they can put a dent in the Knights here.

That is a shitful start. 6 again, 6 again, let them walk through for a try.

Welp, not liking this. Stupid Dragons, absolute dogshit defence.

Gamble at it again.

Would love to see them do some damage til we knock them out in the prelim.

That was about as trademark win as it can get from the Panthers. They frustrated the Cowboys early, took them into the grind and slowly picked the pieces. Some of the tries the Cowboys scored were U/6 stuff, Dearden turning his back on the line - I never thought I'd see it but that's what fatigue does.

It's going to take a special effort from the Warriors to knock them off at Penrith.

The Cowboys season really goes to show the fine line between a great season and a disappointing one. They reminded me a lot of the Raiders after 2019 where results weren't going their way and you could just see how it upset the harmony of the team. There was a brief flicker where a few players brought their Origin form to club-land but it only got them so far.

It seemed like mid-way through the Eels game you could see some really soft efforts seep into their performances and they never quite snapped out of it.

That was the gamble of signing players like Townsend and Hiku. You may get that one great season out of them, but you need that contingency plan or for the younger players to step up. Outside of Valemei, did the Cowboys introduce anyone who improved the standard of the team?

Pretty disappointing end to the season from Robson as well. I haven't really been that impressed with him this year and feel his Origin selection was based more on his previous performances and reputation. Whatever purple patch he stumbled upon during that period really wilted in the back end here.

Wow. "There is minimal contact with the head" - but that's okay?? Soooo it's ok to hit players in the head now if it's only "minimal contact". Right.

Ben Hunt chip & chase, great to see!

On the back of a really good set from the Dragons too. They're not out of this yet.

Dom Young breaks the record for most tries scored in a season for the Knights.

Make that 23 tries for Dom Young.

Awkward The Simpsons GIF

Had my nephews 1st birthday party. Ended the night spewing on my feet at the side of the car and didn't even get to throw a leg over. So basically what the Cowboys dished up by the looks...

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bronxnationgirl99
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Old Mate
  • johnny plath
  • Alec
  • bb_gun
  • broncos4life
  • Tim K
  • pagey
  • Foordy
  • Aldo
  • Broncosgirl
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.