NRL 2023 Round 9 Discussion

I think Tigers can cause an upset here.

Nailed it.

super bowl yes GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Eat the fattest of dicks Cleary.

His bombed try cost them in the end.

It was a well deserved win to the Tigers. They got the jump on the Panthers off the back of Brooks' 40/20 and then played to the conditions again for Wakeham to draw first blood. They did incredibly well to keep Penrith to just 8 points, and then produced a great play to give Nofoaluma space.

The Tigers did well to take advantage of an under-strength Panthers pack. Penrith were missing James Fisher-Harris, Liam Martin & Spencer Leniu, so that certainly impacted the game, but credit to Klemmer, Twal and co. for laying the platform.

Bula at fullback had an improved performance and the pass he laid on for Nofoaluma was on the money. I thought he displayed some impressive versatility out there and was more than just a livewire - he's got a pass, a tackle and a kick in him.

I will say the game was mired in some controversy with another hip-drop incident. Under the current interpretation, it was the right call but I'm not convinced this crackdown is here to stay. It would be one thing if Luke's tackle had have injured Twal and they had to call it back but play had gone on and Penrith were about to receive a penalty of their own. No doubt it had a huge bearing on the finish and I'm curious to see who will blink first here. As we saw with the 2021 crackdown, once Origin and the finals came around, the crackdown all but came to an end.

Still, I see that as a reward for the Tigers patience. They rolled Penrith through the middle, Luke was struggling to make the tackle so he concedes a huge penalty and despite some nervous moments, the Tigers held on.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Big Del
  • Brocko
  • Dash
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • The True King
  • bb_gun
  • Johnny92
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • BroncoFan94
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • Justwin
  • jd87
  • Alec
  • Jazza
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.