NRL 2023 Round 9 Discussion

That sin bin....deadset
Tough, but I didn't have an issue with it. Already had the six-again go against him and looked like Waddell was giving away a deliberate penalty for a captain's challenge. That's been a sin-bin for years now.

Good win to the Bulldogs. Plenty of troops missing, but they just held their own in the middle, used the footy well and just out-performed the Dragons across the park. That pass for Averillo to score was just great footy and it's always nice to see some pure speed in motion.

The Dragons can be disappointed with their effort. Too much one out-football, the Dogs were winning the tackles because they could get numbers into them. They really needed to get their middles one on one, work the Dogs over and then give Hunt, Amone etc. move to run. One of the few decent passages they had was when Hunt got out of dummy half and was drawing committing the A defenders. Canterbury looked in a world of hurt, then Hunt never put himself in that position again.

I can't imagine Hook finishes the year as the coach at this rate. They're no hope of winning a premiership, may as well go in a different direction and set the stage for Ryles, Hornby or whoever they can bring in.

Bad call
Tough, but I didn't have an issue with it. Already had the six-again go against him and looked like Waddell was giving away a deliberate penalty for a captain's challenge. That's been a sin-bin for years now.
Yeah it's not like Waddell was fighting over the ball, he was just holding on. Good decision imo and an easy one too.

Vossy trying to claim Waddell couldn't have heard the call etc, but that's bullshit.

When there's a 6 again the loud bell noise you hear throughout the stadium so you know there's a 6 again and every player should know by now you can't hang on afterwards.

The NRL's spin doctor again trying to defend the NRL over hip drop tackles.

Let me tell you something Mr. Annesley, if you want people to stop being confused about hip drop tackles you need to actually get a black and white definition of what a hip drop tackle actually fucking is. but of course if you do that, you won't then be able to lump every tackle under the same banner and allow you to manipulate results through sin bins and/or suspensions

EDIT. on the other hand the NRL seem to be ignoring how Souths seem to have been able to play with 14 men, which (which along with the reported, but not confirmed, miniscule fine) personally lead me to believe that an NRL official fucked up and now they want to sweep it under the rug

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • MasterWright
  • Culhwch
  • Johnny92
  • Mister Wright
  • Browny
  • BroncosAlways
  • Manofoneway
  • Behind enemy lines
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.