NRL 2024 Round 1 Discussion

Looks like the Aldi version of the Johns brothers doing the anthem

National anthems before the Don Vlandys interview. As it should be

Marlon Brando Don Corleone GIF by The Godfather

Why this time?

How hard his was sucking his own (and the NRLs) dicks over Vegas on Kayo

Talked about how much money the NRL could make out if this.

The fact that the measure of success seems to be the number of Aussies who have travelled to Vegas. If you want to break into a new market, you need to get new fans, not die hards to attend the game (also heard other board members, like Peter Beattie, talking up the fans that have travelled)

The fact that Yvonne asked him a question, which he didn't answer, and he said he couldn't hear her properly because of the noise (for which there wasn't much) ... By the way the question he did answer was if other clubs were now banging down his door to play this match next year.

Finally talked about tapping into the billion dollars sports betting market ... This was the only time I felt he was talking truth rather than propaganda

Fox seriously need to stop panning crowd ... At least if they want people to buy the narrative of how successful this experiment has been

Fox seriously need to stop panning crowd ... At least if they want people to buy the narrative of how successful this experiment has been

In the small crowd that is there, there are a lot of Broncs jerseys.

How hard his was sucking his own (and the NRLs) dicks over Vegas on Kayo

Talked about how much money the NRL could make out if this.

The fact that the measure of success seems to be the number of Aussies who have travelled to Vegas. If you want to break into a new market, you need to get new fans, not die hards to attend the game (also heard other board members, like Peter Beattie, talking up the fans that have travelled)

The fact that Yvonne asked him a question, which he didn't answer, and he said he couldn't hear her properly because of the noise (for which there wasn't much) ... By the way the question he did answer was if other clubs were now banging down his door to play this match next year.

Finally talked about tapping into the billion dollars sports betting market ... This was the only time I felt he was talking truth rather than propaganda

It was either him or Abdo that said one measure of success is number of US viewers on Fox Sports 1 over there.

I think the 5 year commitment is at least better than just a one-off.

Oh right, couldn't miss an opportunity for Matt The Drone Nable could we. *rolls eyes*

I've had Kayo on for about 30 mins and this is the second time they are playing the narration from Matt Nable

It was either him or Abdo that said one measure of success is number of US viewers on Fox Sports 1 over there.

I think the 5 year commitment is at least better than just a one-off.
Yep, and having sold at least 47k tickets for the 1st year seems like a good start to me.

I've had Kayo on for about 30 mins and this is the second time they are playing the narration from Matt Nable

It’s being going all morning. I’ve heard it at least 4 times lol

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.