NRL 2024 Round 1 Discussion

The Raiders are aiming to break the record for the most number of dives in a match ... they are well on their way

Levi running into Frizzell and falling over.

Hudson the cheap shot merchant.

"I don't think there is anything deliberate in it" commentators are cooked

How did the Raiders get the penalty?

Ponga should have challenged that. He was right there

Smithies looking like a defensive gun. Reminds me of Fensom a bit but more mobile - actually more like a Parker minus the offloads.

Despite the sloppy miss on KP lol.

They’ve got to find to a way to get the diving out of the game.

Even if Levi didn’t see the Knights player, there is absolutely no way he is moving forward into a stationary player and ends up on his back like they teach them to do in the WWE developmental centre.

Still think it's Newcastle's game to lose. When they've been able to complete their sets they've looked more threatening with the football. I expect them to regroup after half-time and if they can get on a roll, they should have too much strike for the Raiders.

The absence of Dominic Young and Lachlan Fitzgibbon has certainly been felt. No sign of Kai Pearce-Paul yet either, hopefully they don't want too late to bring him into the fray. Thought the Knights looked better when Cogger went to dummy half and the halves are going to have to step up. Gamble put Frizell over with one of his trademark line-ball passes, only to completely undo it with the mistake off the kick-off. I'd want both of them running and creating that quick play the ball for Ponga or Gagai down a short-side.

Canberra are playing no frills, just straight up the guts footy. It should open up soon for Starling, just need to get Fogarty to bounce around and provide some ball for his backs. Savage on Tuala is a mismatch when it comes to speed, create the space. The try was on the offer just before when Gagai creamed Strange - go back there again.

Raiders getting some serious love from the refs...

Canberra are a grubby team.

Ponga not getting enough touches inside the 20m at the moment... feel like Phoenix is trying to play too much like a halfback when he's meant to be a ball playing lock.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • Astro
  • LittleDavey
  • Broncosarethebest
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Porthoz
  • Brocko
  • broncsgoat
  • Culhwch
  • Fatboy
  • cento
  • Battler
  • Aldo
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Fozz
  • Organix
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.