NRL 2024 Rule Amendments

........and with the foot.

Big Marty had better start putting his foot on the ball when plays it too .
Saw him roll it under his foot a few times on Sunday . Mr Annersley will have that on his notes for Broncos games .In the near future .

Big Marty had better start putting his foot on the ball when plays it too .
Saw him roll it under his foot a few times on Sunday . Mr Annersley will have that on his notes for Broncos games .In the near future .
Every team does this religiously, it's pathetic and I wish they listed it in the existing rules they are going to crack down on this year.

I had a good chuckle when Rusty Crowe's monologue had a big emphasis on "play the ball...WITH YOUR FOOT..." Um, no-one does it anymore Russ, and no-one gets penalised for not doing it either - unless the game needs "managing"...

Every team does this religiously, it's pathetic and I wish they listed it in the existing rules they are going to crack down on this year.

I had a good chuckle when Rusty Crowe's monologue had a big emphasis on "play the ball...WITH YOUR FOOT..." Um, no-one does it anymore Russ, and no-one gets penalised for not doing it either - unless the game needs "managing"...
I remember a few years ago, when they said they were going to have a big crackdown on incorrect play the ball. And they did. For a week or two. Then, nothing.

Good while it lasted lol. 🤷‍♀️

I remember a few years ago, when they said they were going to have a big crackdown on incorrect play the ball. And they did. For a week or two. Then, nothing.

Good while it lasted lol. 🤷‍♀️

The Refs get cheat sheets on teams .
Watch out for this player doing such and such . You will often hear the ref calling a certain player to execute correctly . Because they were told to scrutinise them .

They're really cracking down on downtown chasers and players loitering next to the play the ball on the last.

But how long is that going to last?

They're really cracking down on downtown chasers and players loitering next to the play the ball on the last.

usually round 10 then they forget and wait till next year for the next crackdown, that said I'm not against this given it obviously favours us as a team who has never protected their kickers.

well the downtown not soo much but the obstruction of kickers definitely favours us.

usually round 10 then they forget and wait till next year for the next crackdown, that said I'm not against this given it obviously favours us as a team who has never protected their kickers.

well the downtown not soo much but the obstruction of kickers definitely favours us.

I'm all for the crackdown. Those are two things that have been a real pet peeve of mine, especially the players loitering around the play the ball to stop anyone getting to the kicker. We might finally see Panthers get affected by it when they can no longer stop anyone from getting to Cleary without giving away a penalty.

So far the commentary around it has been rather positive so it will stay around for now. But I don't see that lasting.

If they continue it next week I will be happy! Interesting we rarely get pinged for it. Just goes to show, in a good way, Kev doesn't push those boundaries.

Agree with all above particularly the kick blockers. I’ve thought this should have been a penalty for so long and would annoy the shit out of me so am happy to see it introduced.

Active Now

• Battler
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Stix
  • Manifesto
  • Midean
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Morkel
  • FACTHUNT
  • Justwin
  • Socnorb
  • KateBroncos1812
  • NSW stables
  • Galah
  • Swordfish
  • Behold
  • Lurker
  • thenry
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.