NRL 2024 Rule Amendments

Is it about tapping / juggling the ball over the defenders head when receiving the ball ?
There were a cpl of those incidents last year .

Oh yes this is probably what it is like the Cobbo no try. Well this opens up a potential fan of worms. Is this another gimmick to try and appeal to NFL fans for some reason?

What does this not as strict on deliberate knock-ons actually refer to?
I would have thought that it may relate to the tries where the player actually knocks the ball forward and relates. There have been quite a few recently where they were a toss up between deliberate or accidental.

Penalise players for walking off the mark to actually get it out of the game. Just make it an instant handover to keep the game flowing. Making them take a few steps back the 1/10 times the ref can be bothered to call it is pathetic. That's what they need to focus on.

Oh yes this is probably what it is like the Cobbo no try. Well this opens up a potential fan of worms. Is this another gimmick to try and appeal to NFL fans for some reason?

When they say "deliberate knock on " that`s what springs to my mind .
And it was a topic of discussion last season more than once .

As ever time will tell .

More emphasis on the 10m rule would be fucking nice. Will not happen though.
Will happen first couple of rounds penalising the Broncs, and all year penalising Flegler.

Bunker apparently able to rule on field goals... can't possibly see how this could go wrong 🙄🙄🙄

Able to rule on blockers for successful kicks

Only able to review missed field goals if they go dead... and presumably if caught ingoal for a 20m tap??

Can rule on whether defenders are square at marker, but can't rule on defensive line being offside... I'm not sure why one is possible and the other isn't... I thought both of these were ref discretion and couldn't be ruled by the bunker??

Rugby league:

Leave Me Alone GIF

This hair pull rule is so bloody stupid. You can basically make the top part of your jersey ungrabbable from behind. Think about when a guy splits through a gap, your reflex is to try and grab him and that upper part of the jersey is oftentimes the best and quickest thing you can grab. But you're only allowed to do this if the player has no hair in the way of their jersey.

Any hair that is below the neck should be fair game. Even the NFL which is way stricter when it comes to violence in their sport allows hair pulling if the hair comes out of the helmet.

So every other workplace mandates that hair is tied up etc for WHS reasons. Of course the NRL is a shit show and allow this to be exploited.

Unless it’s done to Jerome Luia

Of course the NRL is a shit show and allow this to be exploited.
I remember a coach last year said he'd have start telling his players to all grow their hair long if this is the way they are going to handle it. Think about how often a short fella like Walsh was getting grabbed by his collar when he made a half-break last year. Grow his hair long and all of a sudden the NRL will reconsider their hair pulling rules.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.