NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
A massive win to women and rugby league fans everywhere. Basically everyone who isn't a Roosters fan is happy about this.

All I want to know, is where he stuck his foot...?

Honestly, I have no beef with Ferguson, I think everyone makes mistakes, he paid the price (regardless of any off field roles I have no doubt he would've lost hundreds of thousands of dollars in earnings), he got a criminal record now and the public embarrassment that comes with it.

My beef is with the NRL, they should hand out longer bans.

That said... I don't care that he's injured. Suck it Roosters.

Last edited:
Actually, no conviction was recorded, and he got out of canberra, so his earning potential went up (Roosters, home of the paper bag deal).

The loser here is Canberra, who yet again get shafted by the NRL for doing the right thing and being tough on discipline. If I was Ricky Stuart, I'd tell the NRL to shove their "code of conduct".

The Raiders knew who they were buying.

Just like how they knew who they were keeping.

Blake Ferguson out for 4 months with ligament damage in his foot, big loss for the Chooks.

Politis in talks with Folau & Sonny Bill for a code switch to cover Fergo's absense ... ample cap space at Bondi to sign one if not both.

Weidler will have the exclusive by Wednesday..

Last edited:
Politis in talks with Folau & Sonny Bill for a code switch to cover Fergo's absense ... ample cap space at Bondi to sign one if not both.

Weidler will have the exclusive by Wednesday..

Yeah they have heaps of money left over for SBW and Folau after losing SBW.

1. Roger Tuivasa-Scheck
2. Glen Fisiiahi
3. Konrad Hurrell
4. Solomone Kata
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Tuimoala Loloahea
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jacob Lillyman
9. Thomas Leuluai
10. Ben Matulino
11. Bodene Thompson
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Simon Mannering (c)

14. Ben Henry
15. Sebastine Ikahihifo
16. Sam Lisone
17. Sam Rapira

That's a scary ass team if they're all healthy and playing with confidence

^ Yeah big, talented, scary & intimidating in their black jerseys yada yada yada heard it all a hundred times a season for the last 20 years... perception and reality with the warriors are poles apart and will continue to be so until their myth materialises into something..

Marika Koroibete is only 22, WTF.

I thought he was late 20's or something, what a gun.

Panthers chasing Tupou from the Roosters.. I wonder what sort of roster they're planing for next year if they manage to get him, it'd be ridiculous.

1. Moylan
2. Tupou
3. Whare
4. Mansour
5. Watene-Zelezniak
6. Soward
7. Wallace (c)
8. McKendry
9. Segeyaro
10. Merrin
11. Idris
12. Taylor
13. Docker

14. Campbell-Gillard
15. Peachey
16. Yeo
17. Cartwright

[MENTION=8290]Unbreakable[/MENTION] does Mansour have a history in The centres ?
It could be a good move.... Like how Waqa now seems to have moved there he's getting more ball and is looking even deadlier

Last thing the Panthers need I think.

On Tomkins, I've heard rumours that he'd go to a Sydney club? Basically just wants out of NZ.

Last thing the Panthers need I think.

On Tomkins, I've heard rumours that he'd go to a Sydney club? Basically just wants out of NZ.
Unless the Warriors also wanted to get rid of him, I can't imagine them allowing that.

@Unbreakable does Mansour have a history in The centres ?
It could be a good move.... Like how Waqa now seems to have moved there he's getting more ball and is looking even deadlier

Not as far as I can tell, but out of him, DWZ & Tupou, he's the only one I can see shifting to the Centres, and I assume that'd mean them moving Idris to the back row and not re-signing Sika Manu.

There's a lot of "If's", it probably won't happen, I don't think Tupou is a great fit there.

Mansour is invaluable for kick-returns. Tupou is similarly invaluable for attacking in the air. Arguably though Topou could still do that from centre, but it would mean he's not being used for bomb diffusal either.

Unless the Warriors also wanted to get rid of him, I can't imagine them allowing that.

Yeah, struck me as odd considering the massive transfer fee they apparently paid for him. Unless the club he was going to paid some sort of fee to the Warriors? I'd imagine the RTS deal has been fairly solid for a while now, so perhaps they'd be more receptive? Who knows, rumour like I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• LGH
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Cavalo
  • ostin86
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncos4life
  • Jedhead
  • broncoscope
  • bert_lifts
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • RolledOates
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mighty Bronx
  • broncsgoat
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • winslow_wong
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.