NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it's a big loss or not. As a player, he doesn't offer anything besides a ball playing game. I think he's pretty crap, but the replacements could end up worse too.

His been one of their better players this year, it's a big blow for Souths.

I think Souths will still make a comeback.

They still have the talent to win them games and keep them in the 8.

I get the feeling they are just one ugly win away from reigniting their season. But I don't think they will go back to back.

Didn't realise how cheap the tickets were for the Saturday double-header. The absolute most expensive ones are $25.49, with some of the cheaper ones a bit more than $5. If I wasn't already tied up I'd be there in a heartbeat, they'll both be awesome games.

Keary is to Reynolds what Wallace was to Lockyer.

Keary is to Reynolds what Wallace was to Lockyer.
Woah... I don't think the difference between Keary and Reynolds is that big, except the kicking game. Certainly not as big as Wallace's to Locky, unless you think Wallace was pretty awesome. :wink:

Didn't realise how cheap the tickets were for the Saturday double-header. The absolute most expensive ones are $25.49, with some of the cheaper ones a bit more than $5. If I wasn't already tied up I'd be there in a heartbeat, they'll both be awesome games.
It's a triple header actually, it starts with the junior game between Aussies and Kiwis.

Friday also has a second game. It starts with the Jillaroos against the NZ Ferns.

You'd have to be brave, this rain would turn me off without a doubt.

That said, I took my (then 14 y/o) son to the ANZAC Test a couple of years ago and it poured the whole game. We had a great time as I'd packed our raincoats and we sat on the halfway line, front and center, after everyone took shelter. Quite an adventure!

In Toowoomba many years ago I went to a Broncos VS Roosters game and it was so rainy and foggy we couldn't see a metre in front of us. Would probably have been 1999 or 2000. I wonder if anyone else on here went to that game?

It's a triple header actually, it starts with the junior game between Aussies and Kiwis.

Friday also has a second game. It starts with the Jillaroos against the NZ Ferns.

Well its a quad header really, if you include what Harry's gonna do to Morks while he's tied up

In Toowoomba many years ago I went to a Broncos VS Roosters game and it was so rainy and foggy we couldn't see a metre in front of us. Would probably have been 1999 or 2000. I wonder if anyone else on here went to that game?
Was Wendell Sailor playing in this one?
I went to a trial there and couldn't see more than about ten metres.
Wendell would run back and say, "So and so scored".
Until he scored and he ran back and said, Somebody scored but no one could see him".

Not sure where else to post this. I cracked up.

11200889_839401216147641_5056893787783087853_n.jpg

Really impressed with all involved for the 'Women in league' round!

Can't wait for the 'Men in Netball' round which I'm sure will follow.

I actually don't mind the Eagles roster for next season, they obviously would massively benefit from DCE staying, which seems unlikely at this point, but I won't completely rule it out. They'll also need to find a Five-Eighth from somewhere as well.

1. Stewart
2. Taufua
3. Lyon (c)
4. Matai
5. Hiku
6. TBA
7. TBA
8. Myles
9. Ballin
10. Lawrence
11. Leary
12. Symonds
13. Lui

14. Buhrer
15. Mateo
16. Burgess
17. Trbojevic

Can't even find a place for some pretty handy players.. Horo, Starling, Sene-Lafeo

It's not all bad for the Sea Eagles but they've got to sure up certain positions before they can even consider challenging for the finals let alone the premiership.

The halves is obvious.

But the backrow is also important.

Buhrer is the best backrow they've and honestly he isn't anything special. I don't mind the likes of Symonds, Leary or Mateo but they're not going to win a lot of battles in this competition.

I also have question marks over the likes of Ballin (32), Matai (32), Lawrence (32), Lyon (34) Mateo (32) and Stewart (31). They're already starting to break down with injuries so they're going to have to start looking at the likes of Trbojevic & Gutherson if they're going to be successful moving forward.

Which is why I think they'll go in 2016 with Lyon at five eighth with a view to play Gutherson either in the centres or on a wing with Trbojevic there-abouts.

Surely Lyon won't still be around in 2016 ?

Carney would be a perfect fit or Manly, but i can't see it eventuating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Stix
  • TimWhatley
  • whykickamoocow
  • Waynesaurus
  • Pablo
  • theshed
  • porouian
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosgirl
  • Justwin
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Morkel
  • Big Del
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Nerd
  • Sproj
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.