NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like everyone's favourite ranga could be heading to Super league even if Gould has "denied it", won't take much guess to who has booked his ticket and packed his bags :laugh:

Last edited:
LOLZ get a load of where Rothfield has us on the ladder

601850_1700104133559245_1003463033595152874_n.jpg

LOLZ get a load of where Rothfield has us on the ladder

601850_1700104133559245_1003463033595152874_n.jpg

Good.

Sea Eagles and Panthers are too high IMO with the Bunnies and the Broncos too low. He's got the makeup of the top 8 fairly right I think with question marks on the Panthers, Sharks and Warriors. This is probably the strongest squad they've had for years it's just a question of whether the Warriors can put it together.

It is Rothfield and who cares anyway really, let's hope other teams underrate us.

Meh people didn't think we would make the finals this year why the hell should you care what they think, we made it to the grand final and we are finally delivering on our potential thanks to the changes Bennett and the coaching staff have made as well as the additions of Blair, Boyd and Milford and now Roberts, the only direction I see us going is forward.

I think if you replace panthers and the sharks with melbourne And the eels you have the top 8. Just a matter of where they all finish.

Sharks will be top 8, 100%, I've got them as a smoky to make it all the way to the Grand Final personally.

1. Valentine Holmes
2. Sosaia Feki
3. Gerard Beale
4. Jack Bird
5. Ricky Leutele
6. James Maloney
7. Chad Townsend
8. Andrew Fifita
9. Michael Ennis
10. Matt Prior
11. Wade Graham
12. Luke Lewis
13. Paul Gallen

14. Joseph Paulo
15. Sam Tagatese
16. Chris Heighington
17. David Fifita

18. Ben Barba
19. Jesse Sene-Lefao

I rate their squad quite a bit, their only weak spot is probably on the wings & prop depth.

Sharks will be top 8, 100%, I've got them as a smoky to make it all the way to the Grand Final personally.

They are no chance of the grand final, none. Way too many quality teams in front of them. James Maloney isn't going to make enough difference to transform that side that got shown up as pretenders second week of the finals.

The Cowboys are a better chance of going back to back than they do of being minor premiers. They'll finish 3-6.

They are no chance of the grand final, none. Way too many quality teams in front of them. James Maloney isn't going to make enough difference to transform that side that got shown up as pretenders second week of the finals.

They are a chance, hence why they made it to the 2nd week of the finals last year, the additions of Maloney & Townsend can't be understated, Maloney has been the form Five-Eighth over the last 2 seasons, and he's the best goal kicker in the game. Townsend started last season really well, and he's more or less a younger version of Robson. Add to that another year under the belt for Jack Bird, and potentially a full season of Holmes at Fullback.. They're a chance.

Bird shows far more potential then Townsend who I rate as just a solid first grade player I would've kept him at halfback.

They are a chance, hence why they made it to the 2nd week of the finals last year, the additions of Maloney & Townsend can't be understated, Maloney has been the form Five-Eighth over the last 2 seasons, and he's the best goal kicker in the game. Townsend started last season really well, and he's more or less a younger version of Robson. Add to that another year under the belt for Jack Bird, and potentially a full season of Holmes at Fullback.. They're a chance.

The biggest improvement the Sharks will make this year isn't Maloney or Townsend - it's the reduced interchange. Their back-rowers can easily play 80, in fact Gallen & Lewis have done it routinely at rep level. It means that Heighington can come on & push Gallen to prop, meaning the period where many big packs will suffer will be just as strong for the Sharks. Paulo & Tagataese won't have to play many minutes at all, meaning high-impact.

I still reckon they'll finish 6-10 though.

The biggest improvement the Sharks will make this year isn't Maloney or Townsend - it's the reduced interchange. Their back-rowers can easily play 80, in fact Gallen & Lewis have done it routinely at rep level. It means that Heighington can come on & push Gallen to prop, meaning the period where many big packs will suffer will be just as strong for the Sharks. Paulo & Tagataese won't have to play many minutes at all, meaning high-impact.

I still reckon they'll finish 6-10 though.

Has gallen played 80 mins since he got off the juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.