NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be happy with a draw after 80 minutes for the regular season. If a winner is vital (finals) 5+5 minues extra time (highest score at the end wins), and then if no result is achieved then play until someone scores.

Matt Bowen is looking to make a comeback in the 9's next year

I can't access the article but since Wayne Bennett was turned down for the Australian coaching job he has offered his services to other countries for the 2017 world cup .

He should just coach the Kiwis again with Kearney as his assistant.

So, Slater seems to think 2016 could be Cronk's final season with the Storm.

I don't think he will play for another NRL club. I think he will either retire or go to the UK.

It will be a sad day if it happens..

Cronk would want to be remembered as a 1 club player so do Smith and Slater so their chances of playing against the Storm is very low. I thought Slater would be the first out of those guys to finish he is still good but his body is breaking down more often.

Calling it now, this will be like the last time Cronk came off contract. He will be so definitely going to the Titans, like totes going there until he re-signs with the Storm after he has made sure they pay him good money.

Cronk would want to be remembered as a 1 club player so do Smith and Slater so their chances of playing against the Storm is very low. I thought Slater would be the first out of those guys to finish he is still good but his body is breaking down more often.

Has he ever had such an extended break to get his body right though? Seems to have been plagued with injury over the last few seasons but always seemed to play through the pain with stop gap measures, surgery in the off season. Whereas this year, he's gone to surgery at the half way mark. Could prove the difference.

The 2015 Rugby League Annual hit store shelves today.

Always a great read, here's Middo's Top 5 of 2015 and Team of the Year.

Top 5
Anthony Milford
Michael Morgan
Johnathan Thurston
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Jared Warea-Hargreaves

Team of 2015
1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Semi Radradra
3. Michael Jennings
4. Will Chambers
5. Curtis Rona
6. Anthony Milford
7. Johnathan Thurston
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith
10. Jared Warea-Hargraves
11. Gavin Cooper
12. Josh Jackson
13. Corey Parker

I agree with everything except Parker should have been in the Top 5 ahead of JWH.

Also didn't think much of Jackson either but then nobody really stood out in second-row.

When in Rome right?

Thanks Pete now I know I have something to buy at Robina or Pacific fair tommorow or on the weekend

Seriously I can't understand why Jackson makes almost every team like this. Yes he is a good player, he hits and runs hard, has a top work rate and is the kind player every team needs to have but he isn't as amazing as the media say. I thought Wade Graham and Tyson Frizell all had better seasons then him.

He's a good player and I would have selected him over Jackson, but I wouldn't consider him a stand-out. A stand-out for me is somebody like RTS, Radradra and JT.

There's a few knocks against Graham (discipline, ball-hogging etc.) and the likes of Cordner, Glenn, Frizell, Harris, Soliola etc. all vying for that spot.

Didn't Middleton pick his team based on statistics?

I think that's why Jackson made the side.

So if Badel is right and Adam Reynolds asked for and was refused a release to join the Tits, how must Ash Taylor be feeling? That would put him in a worse position than he was at the Broncos.

So if Badel is right and Adam Reynolds asked for and was refused a release to join the Tits, how must Ash Taylor be feeling? That would put him in a worse position than he was at the Broncos.

Hope he's feeling shit about it. Patience isn't as over rated as some players make out

I tell you what, I'd feel really bad for Taylor if it happens.... :lie:

Sometimes one learns the lesson the tough way, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. At this stage it doesn't look like Souths will, but stranger things have happened.

Can't see Reynolds leaving Sydney would be stunned if he actually came to the Titans. Let's just say if he did it would be great for Elgey as he is being partnered with someone who is very experienced at this level and has the respect of all the other teams. Not a great introuduction to first grade being forced to carry the hopes of the team with very little around him and his other potential partner has no NRL experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncs1459
  • bert_lifts
  • ostin86
  • NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.