NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that would confuse the refs ... they wouldn't know who to favour

You could ALLEGE a certain member of the media down that way might well make sure it is the further south based team that is favoured.

Also the best finisher in the game imo

It's a tough field when you think about it.

Feldt, Fusitu'a, Oates, Mansour, Vunivalu, Rapana, Morris etc.

It's nice to see Nofoaluma find his feet. He was a gun junior, one of the best in his age bracket and he certainly showed some good signs when he first hit the scene in 2013. I just wonder if he has another gear left in him. He strikes me as the type of player that will play a ton of City v Country and the odd B-Level representative game but will never get close to becoming an Origin mainstay. If he does make that level, it will be due to injury or suspension, not because he was a stand-out.

Essentially, I just see him as the Tigers version of Taufua.

Would I have him at the Broncos? Sure, but at the right price. Nofoaluma strikes me as the type of guy who would only leave the Tigers if he was offered a deal that too good to pass up. Either that, or the Tigers were forced to let him go for whatever reason.

No Cookies | The Courier Mail

WTF ...

So let me get this straight ... Corey Parker gets suspended for a week for a hit on Tedesco that did no damage, despite the fact that it was his first charge in 15 years (so he gets a discount for a 7 year clean record) he also go a discount for an early guilty plea

and Ryan James (who is one of the most penalised forward in the NRL) breaks tedescos jaw and gets his charge downgraded after intervention from a judiciary panel member and doesn't miss a game.

That'll do me ... everytime you think the NRL couldn't be more of an amateurish, incompetent organisation, they go and prove you wrong

Personally, I think it's ridiculous that injury weighs into the punishment. If you commit foul play you should get the same punishment, regardless of the impact. It would help stop reckless acts if a player got say 3 weeks for tripping (as an example) or an automatic week for some sort of wrestling hold in the ruck that puts a player at risk.

EDIT: and for the latter there should be a wrestling expert, be it in BJJ or w/e, on the MRC to adjudicate offences in the ruck. That would help curb the wrestling scourge quick smart, although you'd probably see the sharks and storm fade away.

Last edited:
If Tedesco didn't duck his head, James doesn't hit him in the jaw.

I don't think it's bad he got away with it. Tedesco contributed to it a lot. He ducked his head at the last second.

Difference with Parker, Tedesco was on the ground and he drove the elbow into his face.

Last edited:
It's a tough field when you think about it.

Feldt, Fusitu'a, Oates, Mansour, Vunivalu, Rapana, Morris etc.

\

I only really think of him mainly because of that one flying try against manly, and his other finishes

In a field of wingers we have in the NRL, only one man can be considered the best finisher in the game - Lachlan Maranta. No one makes finishing look as tough as he does.

I only really think of him mainly because of that one flying try against manly, and his other finishes
Was that the one where He did a huge dive or flip or something, The one that was meant to be the best finish ever

Jesus, watching Andrew Denton on Sterlo, I don't know how anyone tolerates this massive tool.

The fact he's a Rabbitohs fan doesn't help, but so typical. Would wager the bloke knows nothing about footy, and only studied south's history on Wikipedia.

Jesus, watching Andrew Denton on Sterlo, I don't know how anyone tolerates this massive tool.

The fact he's a Rabbitohs fan doesn't help, but so typical. Would wager the bloke knows nothing about footy, and only studied south's history on Wikipedia.
Well i'll go the other way and say i like him.

He's a knowledgeable, passionate fan of a club that's done it tough for a long time of late, yet his commitment is still to the club.

Yeah, he was pretty important in getting Souths back into the competition, which is why he was on Sterlo. (I presume, since I can't actually watch the show)

I'm not sure how you can question someone's commitment to the game with a history like he has.

Is tonight the last time they play a game on a Monday night?

Bugger I quite enjoy the Monday night game tbh

Yeah I love Monday night footy. Get through the first day of the working week then dinner and some NRL make for a relaxing night. The Friday 6pm (5pm during daylight savings) game is going to suck massive nard. A shit timeslot and now we'll have to go three whole days without footy.

That 6pm Friday game is shit. Better hope the broncos are not playing because I will struggle to get home in time to watch it.

That 6pm Friday game is shit. Better hope the broncos are not playing because I will struggle to get home in time to watch it.

Given the amount of Friday night games we get, I'll struggle to justify renewing my membership. The 6pm game will be on Fox though I'd assume, I can't see 9 giving up the Broncos games therefore we'd get the later timeslot.

Given the amount of Friday night games we get, I'll struggle to justify renewing my membership. The 6pm game will be on Fox though I'd assume, I can't see 9 giving up the Broncos games therefore we'd get the later timeslot.

We would be getting the 6pm timeslot.

They have said Sydney won't be getting it because of concerns of people not being able to get home in time to watch it or to get to the game because of traffic etc.

Like we won't have the same fucking issue. They have obviously never seen Brisbane around that time, or the Bruce Highway at that time..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Thelmus
  • LittleDavey
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • lynx000
  • TimWhatley
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Justwin
  • sooticus
  • levikaden
  • achievedrap
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.