NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The random question thread

If you find out what channel please inform me thanks.

The game starts at 4:30pm
I can't find anywhere on radio or TV that it's being broadcast.
****ing ridiculous!
The "Prime Ministers Xlll" FFS

What time is the Prime Ministers Xlll game
thanks

It's never been broadcast because it's a glorified trial game played in the PNG.

If it's on radio, it'd probably be ABC Grandstand.

Love seeing the photos from the game. PNG is the most passionate rugby league place on earth with daylight second.

Prime Ministers XIII beat PNG Kumuls 58-0.

Holy shit

Don't worry I just found out you have to be not in the finals

The PMs XIII team was just the New South Wales team if Greg Inglis decided he didn't ever want to win anything.

What was the team? I know Inglis and Pearce were in it but other than that I never even took notice of who was in it.

58-0.

Sounds like it was a close game.

I swear that every club is trying to snatch titans players haha

Home | Live Scores & Latest News | Fox Sports

BILLY Slater came achingly close to playing in Melbourne’s NRL grand final, with his surgeon almost giving him the green light.The superstar fullback was hopeful of being cleared to play in the Storm’s charge through the finals with his troublesome shoulder feeling good.
But Storm football manager Frank Ponissi said the surgeon decided to err on the side of caution with the 33-year-old, who had a second reconstruction after round one in March.
“He went to see his surgeon last month because he was feeling great within himself and had started training so he decided to ask the question,” Ponissi told SEN radio on Tuesday.
“The surgeon gave him a glowing report but stopped short of giving him the green light to play in September this year.
“It would have been an interesting selection dilemma for Craig (Bellamy).”
While Bellamy wants Slater to play on next year, it would have been very tough to shift Cameron Munster out of the No. 1 jersey.

Munster is set to play five-eighth next season following the departure of Blake Green to Manly, but has proved himself one of the game’s most effective fullbacks in Slater’s absence.
He was one of the Storm’s best in their preliminary final win over Canberra, setting up their crucial second-half try.
Slater can take some credit for that with Munster, playing in his first grand final, saying the veteran was happy to give him and his fellow backs advice. He said Slater was in the change room at halftime against Canberra, fine-tuning their play.
Munster, 22, said Slater had an eye for pinpointing the “little things in our game that make a big difference”.
“Whenever Bill’s got an opinion everyone listens and respects it because his call is usually the right one,” Munster said.
“He helped us a lot on the weekend, coming in and telling us what he sees at the back.
“I’m going to be looking for him to help me out a bit in the grand final because it’s going to be a big stage with a lot of emotion and he’s more than happy to help out the team so I’m very lucky to have him around me.” Despite competing for same position, Munster said he wished Slater was in the line-up.
“All the boys would love him to be playing, including me,” he said. “I’d be grateful to be playing alongside Billy in a grand final.”

I'm really glad to hear Slater's on the up again. Even though "I hate those Melbourne players", Billy the kid is someone I always couldn't help but have a lot of respect for. Would be great for him to get a start in round 1 next year and and have an injury-free run.

I'm really glad to hear Slater's on the up again. Even though "I hate those Melbourne players", Billy the kid is someone I always couldn't help but have a lot of respect for. Would be great for him to get a start in round 1 next year and and have an injury-free run.

Yeah and you have to give Munster credit for how good he has been in the no.1 absolute god he has been this year.
Imagine Slater actually playing in the grand final though hasn't played a game all season but the grand final, would have been good to watch.
If I was the coach and how Munster is going realistically speaking I wouldn't have but billy in though.

Looks like warriors wont be having Kieren Foran next year by the looks of everything

I'm afraid that I think that Slater's prime is behind him. He is injury prone and has barely played at all over the last 2 years. He is on his way out.

I'm afraid that I think that Slater's prime is behind him. He is injury prone and has barely played at all over the last 2 years. He is on his way out.

I'm of the opinion he'll retire mid season.

Just to think, if Melbourne win this year it will be without Slater, who is probably close to a million in cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • thenry
  • Skathen
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.