NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008

Well, it's certainly more appealing than the Brisbane Bombers, but I'd still much prefer it be the Ipswich Jets..

Agree. I want to see a 2nd Brisbane team. It will kill Melbourne or force them to start developing their own juniors.

P

Petch67

Banned User
Jun 20, 2020
I just hope that they take the right lessons out of this and a player with Boyd's concussion history is prevented from taking the field for a longer period of time. If it's a matter of a player suffering two concussions and being done with for the year then so be it.

I still think someone has stuffed up severely in all of this. Whether it's the Roosters for letting him play on, the NSW staff for selecting him or the NRL for bailing the Roosters out.
All 3 probably

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020

Insane this bloke can't get a club. He has done absolutely nothing wrong. He quoted a page from a fairy tale book and people are losing it.

I find it funny that the game says they want to be about inclusivity, while excluding someone who has different beliefs to the huge LGBQTIZX4 community who are the backbone of Rugba Leeg.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Insane this bloke can't get a club. He has done absolutely nothing wrong. He quoted a page from a fairy tale book and people are losing it.

I find it funny that the game says they want to be about inclusivity, while excluding someone who has different beliefs to the huge LGBQTIZX4 community who are the backbone of Rugba Leeg.
What a flog.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
You are the problem with the world.
Because I think someone shouldn't be stopped playing a sport because of his religious beliefs? It's funny that you're the bigot in this.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Because I think someone shouldn't be stopped playing a sport because of his religious beliefs? It's funny that you're the bigot in this.
WHERE his bigotry comes from is way less important than the bigotry itself. In this sj era I'm pleased to see someone pay the price for unenlightened publicly espoused views.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012

It's the way he's practising them. There are a literal tonne of religious players in the NRL, mostly islanders (or kiwis) like Folau, and I'm yet to see any of them post or say religious-based hatred against another group like Israel has done (and probably will do again). It's always positive about them and their own relationship or faith with whichever 'big man' that applies to their respective belief.

This isn't about LGBT groups and tolerance in a general sense, it's about Israel being publicly prejudiced against another group through religion. Like it or not, that has consequences for anyone who takes such a stance as we don't live in a religious state with one overriding belief system that dictates and governs how we live.

Last edited:
john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
That's not why and you know it

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
WHERE his bigotry comes from is way less important than the bigotry itself. In this sj era I'm pleased to see someone pay the price for unenlightened publicly espoused views.
No, that's just wrong. Folau posted a screenshot with a saying taken directly from the bible, I guarantee if Haas comes out with a quote from the Kuran that offends people it won't get much media at all.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
It's the way he's practising them. There are a literal tonne of religious players in the NRL, mostly islanders (or kiwis) like Folau, and I'm yet to see any of them post or say religious-based hatred against another group like Israel has done (and probably will do again). It's always positive about them and their own relationship or faith with whichever 'big man' that applies to their respective belief.

This isn't about LGBT groups and tolerance in a general sense, it's about Israel being publicly prejudiced against another group through religion. Like it or not, that has consequences for anyone who takes such a stance as we don't live in a religious state with one overriding belief system that dictates and governs how we live.
So kinda like how this was said from one of the Islander Wallaby players...

“Seriously ?????????? Might as well sack me and all the other Pacific Islands rugby players around the world because we have the same Christian beliefs ??????,” “I will never apologise for my faith and what i believe in, religion had nothing to do with rugby anyways ???????? #TYJ”

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I wish we would sign Izzy. Imagine the saltiness from the rest of the NRL. Its mad they wont register him. If he agree to their terms he shouldnt be prohibited from playing footy.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
So kinda like how this was said from one of the Islander Wallaby players...

“Seriously ?????????? Might as well sack me and all the other Pacific Islands rugby players around the world because we have the same Christian beliefs ??????,” “I will never apologise for my faith and what i believe in, religion had nothing to do with rugby anyways ???????? #TYJ”

He can believe anything he wants, just like anyone else. But I’d imagine if you were saying the same things, your employer would be questioning your behaviour too, as odds are it would have an impact on your co-workers either directly or indirectly.

The rest of the league’s religious players can refrain from doing or saying anything publicly, why can’t he?

And that’s even on the assumption that every player of faith agrees with those particular texts and teachings.

Israel wants to earn hundreds of thousands of dollars? He can keep his trap shut until he retires, then go nuts.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
I wish we would sign Izzy. Imagine the saltiness from the rest of the NRL. Its mad they wont register him. If he agree to their terms he shouldnt be prohibited from playing footy.
Have changed my tune on him. The game needs villains. Let him play, would love to see him at the tits personally, they are going better than us.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

he reportedly got offered to both us and the Titans first, but we both turned him down.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
But that’s the issue, he won’t agree to the terms and when he did he lied and broke the terms again.

If I had an 11 inch **** and a billion dollars I’d be with Scarlett Johanson, but I don’t and I’m not.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
He can believe anything he wants, just like anyone else. But I’d imagine if you were saying the same things, your employer would be questioning your behaviour too, as odds are it would have an impact on your co-workers either directly or indirectly.

The rest of the league’s religious players can refrain from doing or saying anything publicly, why can’t he?

And that’s even on the assumption that every player of faith agrees with those particular texts and teachings.

Israel wants to earn hundreds of thousands of dollars? He can keep his trap shut until he retires, then go nuts.
Now you're just assuming things. So because other players don't express their beliefs, he shouldn't be allowed? If other players start sharing religious beliefs, will Israel then be allowed to? How many need to?

This is a fine line allowing the NRL to choose what parts of a religion players are allowed to express. Some could say it's racist against Polynesians, who are a very Christian people.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
No, that's just wrong. Folau posted a screenshot with a saying taken directly from the bible, I guarantee if Haas comes out with a quote from the Kuran that offends people it won't get much media at all.
Everything offends these days. I would call Haas a **** if he picked a verse that was pure drivel or in a similar vein. Both the currant and the babble are works of fiction and I'd happily use them as firestarters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Big Del
  • Dash
  • Galah
  • Santa
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • Lazza
  • simplythebest
  • Alec
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.