NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The timing of the Madge sacking.

If the Barrett and Brown situations didn't happen, I don't think Tigers sack him yet. Two clubs looking for a head coach with very few proven options forced the Tigers into sacking him early so they don't miss out.

I thought the Tigers were on an ever so slow but evident upward trajectory. I would have liked to see what he could have done with Koroisau on board. I think this is a mistake by the Tigers.

for those who watched the NRL360 interview with Brown, i'm just wondering if you have any idea where Brown was at the time.

because the was a signed Broncos '97 Super League Jersey in the background

for those who watched the NRL360 interview with Brown, i'm just wondering if you have any idea where Brown was at the time.

because the was a signed Broncos '97 Super League Jersey in the background
He would have been at Gordie’s house. Those 2 are best mates and he stays there all the time when he is in QLD.

6 Tigers players reportedly want out after the Madge sacking.

I'm going to guess Naden and Hastings are two of them. I wonder who the rest of them are.

6 Tigers players reportedly want out after the Madge sacking.

I'm going to guess Naden and Hastings are two of them. I wonder who the rest of them are.

With the exception of Hastings, I'm sure the Tigers are weeping into their wheatiez that any of this current mob want out. It's almost a voluntary cleanout.

I reckon the Tigers have some decent building blocks there to be honest for next year. I’m not sold on Laurie but I think he could be serviceable behind Hastings and Koroisau. It will be interesting to see what they do with Liddell and Simpkin. They have some decent forwards but they just need some backs. I’d take Simpkin back as I reckon he is gettable and cheap. He’d be great depth at worst but might be a good tandem with Paix until Mozer is ready.

Barret getting the boot has forced a few hands I think. The Warriors and Tigers couldn't sit on the fence anymore or they'd risk missing out on who they wanted and being left with the dregs. There's only 2 NRL proven coaches available atm in Flanno and Green. Plus 2 unknowns in Woolf and Ciraldo.

The timing of the Madge sacking.

If the Barrett and Brown situations didn't happen, I don't think Tigers sack him yet. Two clubs looking for a head coach with very few proven options forced the Tigers into sacking him early so they don't miss out.

Nice to know you're on board mate.

Tigers are a fucking disaster. There are three coaches who have been sacked who should never, ever be in the position of coach again.

Watch some busted ass useless no hoping club take Madge.

Brett Kimmorley taking over as interim coach. Be interested to see how he goes.

Tigers are a fucking disaster. There are three coaches who have been sacked who should never, ever be in the position of coach again.

Watch some busted ass useless no hoping club take Madge.

Seen some rumours that the Warriors may be interested

I don't think Maguire is a bad coach, and in my opinion he's exactly the kind of coach that the Tigers needed, I am adamant that he had little say over the roster though because those players are not the sort of players that suit his style. He demands hard work and discipline, and the Tigers are filled with talented but soft, dumb and lazy players.

I don't think Maguire is a bad coach, and in my opinion he's exactly the kind of coach that the Tigers needed, I am adamant that he had little say over the roster though because those players are not the sort of players that suit his style. He demands hard work and discipline, and the Tigers are filled with talented but soft, dumb and lazy players.
Yeah it seemed odd that James Roberts would go there... I'd suggest he's the complete opposite of what Madge wants.

Luciano may also fall into that category, but I'm not sure it's ever been flagged that he's a poor trainer... I would suggest that where he does differ to a Madge type player is that he would likely prefer a cheaper defensive minded player over a flashy attack minded player.

I wonder what Steven Kearnys plans are? Wait it out under Bellamy and hope to get the top job their? Or would he put his hand up for the tigers job?

Also wonder if master Seibold has made his way into any of the discussions? I Rememebr Gould saying he rates Seibold and thinks he'll coach in the NRL again. It would probably a good segway back into coaching for him either the Tigs or Warriors. Go to a club with zero expectations and who are already on the bottom so he can only improve his expectations.

The only other guy that you'd think those clubs would look at is Maybe Neil Henry? I've always thought he was a good coach from a tactical perspective.

I don't know much about super league coaches but I've heard Shaun wane's name tossed around as a good coach. We've seen plenty of super league players come to the NRL but I'd be curious to see how a super leage coach would go.

I wonder what Steven Kearnys plans are? Wait it out under Bellamy and hope to get the top job their? Or would he put his hand up for the tigers job?

Also wonder if master Seibold has made his way into any of the discussions? I Rememebr Gould saying he rates Seibold and thinks he'll coach in the NRL again. It would probably a good segway back into coaching for him either the Tigs or Warriors. Go to a club with zero expectations and who are already on the bottom so he can only improve his expectations.

The only other guy that you'd think those clubs would look at is Maybe Neil Henry? I've always thought he was a good coach from a tactical perspective.

I don't know much about super league coaches but I've heard Shaun wane's name tossed around as a good coach. We've seen plenty of super league players come to the NRL but I'd be curious to see how a super leage coach would go.
Pretty sure Justin Holbrook and Trent Robinson were both Super league coaches.

I've said it before, but I would take Hastings for sure if he wants out. He could play with Reyno for the next couple of years then take over that game manager role. He's got a bunch of talent and really seems to have grown up after his stint in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Maddy
  • Waynesaurus
  • HarryAllan7
  • Morkel
  • Kev_Guz
  • Rah88
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Lozza
  • MrRobot
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • Spoon
  • Fozz
  • Allo
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncotville
  • Broncosgirl
  • phoenix
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 55 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.