NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
From what I've read, indeed the act of covertly recording without consent in this scenario, is illegal. Demonstrates what levels of low that they are prepared to sink to, to achieve their goal. Nobody could ever convince me that these two didn't conspire together, and also with others, to get what they wanted, and needed. PVL & Abdo have absolutely no credibility, integrity or honour.

lesbian must know britney spears GIF

But for sure they will lead their little lambs to the slaughter.

Wish they'd both piss off lol.
Amazing........

I can appreciate deceitfulness...being clever and sneaky.......it is what it is and if done right, kudos for getting away with it.

In this case however........just wow. The level of stupidity....or complete arrogance.....is amazing.
They really have no respect whatsoever for the Players/association.

Hope something will happen.....**** the NRL

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Who knows how slimy a private meeting with nrl powerbrokers could become, I bet kickbacks/corruption/bribery is spoken about quite a lot.

probably hunting for any little snippet that could be held as leverage over any dickhead.
100% on that last line. NRL admin are corrupt ***** in the pocket of Rupert's media empire. It's no surprise PVL undersold the rights by a fortune.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
What do you guys suppose they were recording it for?
As @tommy said, it's leverage but maybe also looking for loopholes and revision. Being able to see where people floundered over points or showed weakness in rhetoric or conviction is hugely beneficial in negotiation.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009

Well, this is interesting.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

Time and time again, Tallis has proven to be a **** with no morals or integrity but this takes the cake for absolute brain dead takes.

When asked if he thought the private recording issue was a “storm in a teacup”, Queensland legend Tallis teed off. “Don’t jump in the car, don’t walk any streets of Sydney – I think we’re getting recorded everywhere,” he said. “Listen, you would only be worried getting recorded if you’re saying something wrong"

“I get recorded for six hours every week – it doesn’t bother me. I couldn’t give a rats. “If you’re going into negotiating and someone records it, it’s a negotiation! Who cares?”

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Time and time again, Tallis has proven to be a **** with no morals or integrity but this takes the cake for absolute brain dead takes.

When asked if he thought the private recording issue was a “storm in a teacup”, Queensland legend Tallis teed off. “Don’t jump in the car, don’t walk any streets of Sydney – I think we’re getting recorded everywhere,” he said. “Listen, you would only be worried getting recorded if you’re saying something wrong"

“I get recorded for six hours every week – it doesn’t bother me. I couldn’t give a rats. “If you’re going into negotiating and someone records it, it’s a negotiation! Who cares?”
He couldn’t have missed the point more if he tried. Despite the many legality issues here that he couldn’t understand surely even this fucking moron can understand there is a huge difference between him getting recorded on the radio or TV when he knows he is being recorded and people being recorded without knowledge or consent.

At some point this kind of bullshit becomes less Tallis fault and more the people that pay him for opinion. Like what do you expect when you put an absolute fucking moron that has spent years getting hit in the head in front of a mic.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012

Flawless logic like this makes you wonder why it was even made illegal in the first place.

Trill Harrigan

Trill Harrigan

QCup Player
Apr 18, 2021
imagine how fucking dumb tallis' outbox would be

he's probably writing emails to inanimate objects

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Warrington Wolves and Leigh Leopards players, Josh McGuire and Tom Amone are facing 8 weeks on the sidelines.

They were both charged with Grade F unacceptable language

McGuire was also sent off for his part in the "incident"

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Warrington Wolves and Leigh Leopards players, Josh McGuire and Tom Amone are facing 8 weeks on the sidelines.

They were both charged with Grade F unacceptable language

McGuire was also sent off for his part in the "incident"

Grade F? Like, they couldn't spell? Syntax errors?

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

The Downing Centre Local Court in Sydney saw CCTV footage of police punching Starling in the face multiple times, a scene Magistrate Covington called a "free for all". "One that is more typically seen in a street fight as opposed to officers in their duty," he said. "Clearly what occurred was nothing other than Tom being assaulted himself."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.