NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Warrington Wolves and Leigh Leopards players, Josh McGuire and Tom Amone are facing 8 weeks on the sidelines.

They were both charged with Grade F unacceptable language

McGuire was also sent off for his part in the "incident"
So what did they say?

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
So what did they say?

Well, Superleague refs dont really tolerate the kind of language and chat towards them we see over here. Might not have been that bad.

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Deep in the Heart of Queensland
Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
Buzz - "Broncos recruit Marty Taupau is a huge admirer of his halfback Adam Reynolds. “His football IQ is far beyond anyone I know,” Taupau says. This has been seen as a sneaky crack at his former teammate and skipper Daly Cherry Evans at Manly."

Or maybe Taupau is just being honest, and calling it as he sees it. 🙄

Buzz again - "Which new recruit at a QLD-based NRL club slept in and missed training recently. His lack of discipline is one reason why his previous coach was more than happy to release him."

Well I hope the media crucify said player .. just like they did to Cobbs. 🙄

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Buzz - "Broncos recruit Marty Taupau is a huge admirer of his halfback Adam Reynolds. “His football IQ is far beyond anyone I know,” Taupau says. This has been seen as a sneaky crack at his former teammate and skipper Daly Cherry Evans at Manly."

Or maybe Taupau is just being honest, and calling it as he sees it. 🙄

Buzz again - "Which new recruit at a QLD-based NRL club slept in and missed training recently. His lack of discipline is one reason why his previous coach was more than happy to release him."

Well I hope the media crucify said player .. just like they did to Cobbs. 🙄
Could be Milford.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
If it was a player that got released, its more than likely somebody like Hammer or Tesi i reckon.

yep the word "release" is the key word there.

so which of the new recruits for a QLD club was released

I don't think the Titans or Cowboys have signed anyone that was released ... so that leave Walsh for us; Tesi, Brenko and Tesi (possibly Isaako) for the Phins.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
yep the word "release" is the key word there.

so which of the new recruits for a QLD club was released

I don't think the Titans or Cowboys have signed anyone that was released ... so that leave Walsh for us; Tesi, Brenko and Tesi (possibly Isaako) for the Phins.
Might explain why Tesi was a late scratching from the first game after originally being named at centre

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Might explain why Tesi was a late scratching from the first game after originally being named at centre
That's the kind of thinking that would lead to a broncos related article... dolphins... not so much

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Api Koroisau has been named the new Wests Tigers captain
So the guy who slagged them off a couple months ago

That alone would be a massive news story if it were the Broncos and would put huge pressure on them straight away.

But NSWRL with Bunji and Shenius at the helm will probs see them get a free pass and a redemption arc storyline "the turnaround Shenius must've done from where Api was a few months ago must've been massive"

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The Sharks have extended Craig Fitzgibbon's contract until the end of 2027. he was already signed until the end of 2025

so he now essentially has a 5 year contract

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
The Sharks have extended Craig Fitzgibbon's contract until the end of 2027. he was already signed until the end of 2025

Madness to extend so early.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

Sharkies are up to something

.....again.

Suspicious Season 9 GIF by The Office

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
They weren't doing drugs or cheating the cap in 2016.
They actually were cheating the cap in 2016 by setting up a company for the express purpose to hand out third party payments to players. However, 2016 happened to be the one year they didn't exceed the cap with those payments.

Every other season from 2013-17 they were.

They were fined $750,000 and had a $707,000 penalty on their salary cap which they were allowed to spread across two seasons. So $353,000 a season or one bad signing.

Meanwhile Brisbane had a $7,000,000 over four seasons penalty when they signed Anthony Milford and Jack Bird in 2017.

IceWorks

IceWorks

NRL Player
May 10, 2019
Madness to extend so early.
The clubs always seem so desperate when it comes to signing coaches, if you have a good system and winning culture in place then coaches will want to stay with you anyway.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Pretty odd tbh. I rate Fitz but if you've got him locked up until 2025 anyway, why extend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Dash
  • Volvo Driver
  • Aldo
  • broncsgoat
  • simplythebest
  • broncs30
  • Galah
  • Pablo
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Morkel
  • Brocko
  • broncos4life
  • eazy-duzzit
  • Sproj
  • bb_gun
  • Santa
  • Financeguy
  • Alec
  • Rookie Alan
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.