NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trill Harrigan

Trill Harrigan

QCup Player
Apr 18, 2021
Meanwhile Brisbane had a $7,000,000 over four seasons penalty when they signed Anthony Milford and Jack Bird in 2017.
you'd think just having them in our top 30 would be penalty enough

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
So Josh McGuire was suspended for 7 matches and will be forced to undergo "Mandatory Education"

the specifics of what McGuire said aren't being reported, but the RFL have accused him of using “unacceptable language” regarding people with a disability towards a Leigh Leopards player.

this happened in a pre-season trial ... so he will miss the first 2 months with his new team

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
So Josh McGuire was suspended for 7 matches and will be forced to undergo "Mandatory Education"

the specifics of what McGuire said aren't being reported, but the RFL have accused him of using “unacceptable language” regarding people with a disability towards a Leigh Leopards player.

this happened in a pre-season trial ... so he will miss the first 2 months with his new team
You’d think a bloke with a bung eye would not mock people for a physical disability.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
You’d think a bloke with a bung eye would not mock people for a physical disability.
or conversely
because it gives him the right

?

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015

They dont tolerate any kind of shit talk in Superleague in ear shot of the refs. From what i gather, what he said would have probably got him a slap on the wrist here. Gallen for example just got a fine for a racist slur.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I think for 7 matches, they should tell the public, exactly what he said.

Sledging on the field is part of the game (no tolerance for racism)
......curious to know just how "offensive" it was.

If he's only called someone a "mong" for example.......7 matches is a bit OTT.

Blindside Bronco

Blindside Bronco

Broncos Fanboy
Oct 17, 2019
I have been sent off and banned for 2 games in lower grades for calling someone a Dildo.
I asked the ref why I was being sent off,
That's not appropriate language 😂.
I said it is appropriate because he acts like a dildo and now you're acting like a dildo.
"How is that" he asked.
Well you are both always stuck up *****.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I think for 7 matches, they should tell the public, exactly what he said.

Sledging on the field is part of the game (no tolerance for racism)
......curious to know just how "offensive" it was.

If he's only called someone a "mong" for example.......7 matches is a bit OTT.
I believe he used the word retard

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I believe he used the word retard
See....that right there is piss weak.

7 matches for that is bullshit.
If anything using the word retard is a polite way of saying fuckwit or any other number of expletives !

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
See....that right there is piss weak.

7 matches for that is bullshit.
If anything using the word retard is a polite way of saying fuckwit or any other number of expletives !
The next generation of players are going to be quite a sight if this is the standard. Next step is to silence the crowd like tennis.

in a contact sport like rl, calling your opponent any name you choose should be a sacred right.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
in a contact sport like rl, calling your opponent any name you choose should be a sacred right.

Thats how I remember it
.....excluding racist remarks. Seemed that was always the line in the sand.
Not saying it was never said
Refs never tolerated it.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Interesting to see that our member numbers appear to be tracking much the same as last year according to League Unlimited figures. Also interesting that Dolphins haven’t released their figures yet.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012

So this seems to imply that McGuire being suspended for calling someone spastic may actually be a cultural bias...

Also, this gave me such a vibe of a Monty Python-esque skit wherein all the Players on McGuire's went into his appeal and stepped forward and declared "I'm Spasticus!", just like in the original Spartacus film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Inknition
  • The Boss
  • Organix
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • BroncoFan94
  • Dexter
  • barker
  • The Don
  • Morkel
  • eazy-duzzit
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Dash
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Swordfish
  • Brocko
  • mitch222
  • Johnny92
  • Howie
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.