NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPL banning gambling company advertising on front of jerseys from 2025. It's a start, wish the NRL would look at the topic but it's not really talked about at all.

As a club we do well, the only sponsor that's gambling affiliated is The Star and at least it's not a straight betting agency who are the worst.

reports from Michael Carayannis that the Dragons are considering brining Nathan Brown back to mentor a young coach like Jason Ryles, Ben Hornby or Dean Young.

Brown wouldn't necessarily be brought back as head coach but could be in recruiting, or General Manager of Football or pathways etc

Roosters coach Trent Robinson has put the blowtorch on a referee and bunker after a “disappointing” no-try decision that he believes was a “soft call.”

The Roosters lost 22-12 to the Sharks at PointsBet Stadium on Friday night but only trailed by four points with seven minutes left on the clock.

Prop Lindsay Collins charged towards the line and looked to have grounded the ball very close — if not on — the line.

Referee Grant Atkins sent it up to the bunker as a no-try and the bunker didn’t have sufficient evidence to overturn that call.

Robinson called the decision “disappointing” because he had “two guys saying it was 100 per cent a try” in Collins and Brandon Smith.

846122_640x360_large_20230414204151.jpg

Hynes' dummy delivers timely Sharks try! | 00:34

He also believes Atkins may have missed the ball touching the tryline and called the decision to send it up as a no-try a “poor excuse.”

“Lindsay’s try was disappointing. To miss that, he’s 100 per cent sure he scored it, he looked like it was on the line — ‘Smitty’ (Brandon Smith) saw it so to not get that it was really disappointing,” Robinson said.

**** I wish Kevvie had the spine (or lack of ***** to give) to go off at press conferences like this. I realize it's a bad look generally and looks like sour grapes, I realize it goes against his character....But you watch. Now that Robinson has pulled this little theatre, the Sombreros will get EVERY 50/50 call go their way next round. That's just how this current administration is: they're deeply paranoid about everything, especially how the media will react to things, easily manipulated and reactionary.

This is what the comp has descended into, just going the low road everytime to milk as much advantage as possible, and the clubs that refuse to play that game will only suffer for it. I accept its horrible, but if you want to be in the thick of it come the pointy end of the season, you haven't got a choice.

**** I wish Kevvie had the spine (or lack of ***** to give) to go off at press conferences like this. I realize it's a bad look generally and looks like sour grapes, I realize it goes against his character....But you watch. Now that Robinson has pulled this little theatre, the Sombreros will get EVERY 50/50 call go their way next round. That's just how this current administration is: they're deeply paranoid about everything, especially how the media will react to things, easily manipulated and reactionary.

This is what the comp has descended into, just going the low road everytime to milk as much advantage as possible, and the clubs that refuse to play that game will only suffer for it. I accept its horrible, but if you want to be in the thick of it come the pointy end of the season, you haven't got a choice.

I actually think it may be Broncos official policy not to go off at the press conferences.

I can't think of a single Broncos coach who has done it ...

reports from Michael Carayannis that the Dragons are considering brining Nathan Brown back to mentor a young coach like Jason Ryles, Ben Hornby or Dean Young.

Brown wouldn't necessarily be brought back as head coach but could be in recruiting, or General Manager of Football or pathways etc
How does Nathan Brown keep getting a job... bloke seems to get more successful the worse his teams do on the field.

Jason Ryles would be one of the candidates for the storm job... why does he need a babysitter that picked up 3 spoons in a row... does Fitzgibbon need a babysitter at the sharks

2 Roosters players say it’s a try? That’s good enough for me. Going forward let’s just ask two players if their teammate scored the try and go off their word.

2 Roosters players say it’s a try? That’s good enough for me. Going forward let’s just ask two players if their teammate scored the try and go off their word.
Can't see how that could be exploited at all... Vlando get it done!!

Use the Costanza strategy. Listen to what Brown suggests and do the opposite.

Looking forward to Robinson getting a fine for yet another outburst about refereeing, 84th time’s the charm.

How is he going to mentor them? By showing them the wrong thing to do?

"Now see, this is where I would slap my five eighth on the sideline"

"ok, so I won't slap my five eighth then"

Going to be interesting because the Dolphins have a similar system to Penrith in a lot of ways. Wonder if they will be complaining the same when clubs inevitably take players away from them and lets face it, we have lost plenty of the years as well we invested in.

No matter how they want to dress it up, even with a cap concession clubs will still lose out of contract players because there will always be a team that will be willing to pay massive money for certain players.
Clubs will always lose.the talent if the pathway is blocked as well.
Nico is the perfect example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Hurrijo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Astro
  • NSW stables
  • bb_gun
  • Allo
  • Pablo
  • Skyblues87
  • BroncoFan94
  • Howie
  • cento
  • Kev_Guz
  • Robboi_321
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • mystico
  • heartly87
  • Dee
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.