NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice to find NRL watch .
International streaming service let's me watch Fox League in Canada and USA .
The brides not as happy as me though.

Tyra Banks Smile GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

reports from Michael Carayannis that the Dragons are considering brining Nathan Brown back to mentor a young coach like Jason Ryles, Ben Hornby or Dean Young.

Brown wouldn't necessarily be brought back as head coach but could be in recruiting, or General Manager of Football or pathways etc

Brown was very good at the role when he did it after retirement at the Dragons. I don't know why so many players don't find a niche role and keep doing it.

Bunn is a great example of just being happy and good at what you do.

It's hilarious Nathan Brown still gets a job in a coaching capacity, he never really achieved anything as a coach in the NRL.

Makes sense to me and actually makes him a more marketable player, maybe that had something to do with it. We all know he is looking for that lucrative contract.

It's hilarious Nathan Brown still gets a job in a coaching capacity, he never really achieved anything as a coach in the NRL.
I think his biggest claim to fame is improving Newcastle's wooden spoon level squad to a point a better coach can come in and do something with it, in that capacity he might actually be a good option for Tigers lol.

Clubs will always lose.the talent if the pathway is blocked as well.
Nico is the perfect example.
Agree if their pathway into the team is blocked. However, if the cap concession was 100% up until the age of 21 or 50 FC games (whichever comes first) and dropped to 50% after that then I reckon clubs, even the rorters, would start to focus more on development.

Roosters still somehow second favourites. According to the odds posted in NRL.com (ladder), Panthers $3.50, Roosters $6.50, then Broncos, Rabbitohs & Storm on $7.00.

What is going on behind the scenes that the betting heavyweights are on to?

Gordie is right about Luai:

Normally he wears it in a bun on top of his head .
I noticed early in the game it was down his back and thought ; that`s different .

Roosters still somehow second favourites. According to the odds posted in NRL.com (ladder), Panthers $3.50, Roosters $6.50, then Broncos, Rabbitohs & Storm on $7.00.

Roosters still have a lot of forwards out to come back in

Roosters still have a lot of forwards out to come back in

That may be the case, but second favourites for the premiership? The casualty ward says Baker, Nat Butcher, Billy Smith and Connor Watson. Even if you include Crichton it's not even that bad compared to other teams, it totals around $82k from their $24 million cap. They're not even in the Top 8, granted they have had a tough draw, but it seems fishy.

It's mostly the players they have and the fact that they're notorious for being slow starters but firing at the back end of the season.

They still have a squad quite capable of winning the premiership.

They traditionally improve as a season goes on and i am guessing that they are a backup bet for a lot of punters if they are also putting material money on another team so weight of money at this stage would still dictate their odds are short.

Pretty decent argument that Roosters are just as likely as us, Storm or Souths at this stage of the season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Santa
  • cento
  • bb_gun
  • Hurrijo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mystico
  • Battler
  • Kev_Guz
  • Sproj
  • heartly87
  • Dee
  • BroncoFan94
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • FACTHUNT
  • Yellowfella
  • Allo
  • BruiserMk1
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Robboi_321
  • Aldo
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.