NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
He's certainly no Cleary. We best hope he improves in a hurry though for Qld's sake because he's the heir apparent to DCE's #7 jersey in a couple of short years. Or could Munster shift to 7 to make way for an Ezra etc at 6? The Ezra/Walsh combo could be a good one to have with a few more years of practice, especially when you throw a possible Mozer into the mix too.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Interesting moment on Thurston’s bloke in a bar episode. He talks about almost signing with Penrith in 2013 to play under Gus.

Might just have been awkwardly worded but when talking about what appealed to him he said “a gig on channel nine was part of the package”

hmm

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Interesting moment on Thurston’s bloke in a bar episode. He talks about almost signing with Penrith in 2013 to play under Gus.

Might just have been awkwardly worded but when talking about what appealed to him he said “a gig on channel nine was part of the package”

hmm

This isn’t surprising in light of Mahoney on Fox and yes I know different companies but surely a screen test would have said to them go in a different direction! If he didn’t play for the Dogs, would he have got that gig?

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
This isn’t surprising in light of Mahoney on Fox and yes I know different companies but surely a screen test would have said to them go in a different direction! If he didn’t play for the Dogs, would he have got that gig?
Mahoney is in fox? No offence but I couldn’t think of a player I cared to hear from less

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Apparently Wighton will announce a 4 year deal with the Rabbits on Friday. 3.4M for 4 years. Raiders offered 4.4.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
The Hammer has extended with the phins till end of 2027.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Apparently Wighton will announce a 4 year deal with the Rabbits on Friday. 3.4M for 4 years. Raiders offered 4.4.

That seems such a crazy move. around $850k and he will probably be playing center for them.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Kind of hope if we don't win it all, the Raiders do. Like Nathan Buckley and the Brisbane Lions.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017

Trouble at bondi?
200.gif

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Funny thing is if Walker ends up leaving what options do they even have for halves, Keary is 32 and a head knock from retirement, and there is no halves out there to sign.

I was hoping he would come good by the time Reyno retires and we would have a solid option to go for but that is looking unlikely now, can see him going to Dolphins though.

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
Since when has there been a push to say "mar-oons" instead of "mar-owns" when talking about the QLD Maroons? I know it's correct, but it's something inherent to Queensland / Australia to pronounce it "mar-own". Like correcting a NZer for saying "fush und chups", it's just not cricket.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
It just reminds me of that dickhead on Triple M.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Funny thing is if Walker ends up leaving what options do they even have for halves, Keary is 32 and a head knock from retirement, and there is no halves out there to sign.

I was hoping he would come good by the time Reyno retires and we would have a solid option to go for but that is looking unlikely now, can see him going to Dolphins though.
tbh there would be a bunch jumping at the chance to play for the chickens in the ESL joey manu george williams wouldnt be the worst halves pairing

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
tbh there would be a bunch jumping at the chance to play for the chickens in the ESL

Teams are not that smart though, the fact Welsby isn't playing in NRL says everything.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Teams are not that smart though, the fact Welsby isn't playing in NRL says everything.
would be a total roosters move to go sign lewis dodd after he was warned off the tigpies lol
think that welsby guy wants to stay in the ESL a bit longer remember reading it somewhere.

simplythebest

simplythebest

NRL Player
May 22, 2014

The new.com.au version of this article is hilarious. It pins Cooper Cronk in the middle of it because of them wanting to play more structured footy as opposed to Walker Jnr wanting to play off the cuff.
It also states that

"Walker is the son of former Broncos halfback Ben Walker and nephew of former Queensland Origin speedster Chris Walker. The brothers coach Ipswich in the Queensland Cup and have attracted plenty of praise for their innovative and bold coaching moves."

Haven't the Walker brothers been gone from there for some time now?

There's plenty of halves available on the market right now as we speak that the Chooks could pounce on if needed;

Cleary only unavailable because of Daddy, but apart from that....

An escape from TigPie land for Brooks could mean 25k a year on the books at the Chooks.

They could sign Munster on a 4 year deal for 120K per season
Nicho Hynes could easily back out of his monster sharkies deal for 80k a year at the Roosters

The options are endless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Redfern_1980
  • Galah
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • Midean
  • Gaz
  • GCBRONCO
  • teampjta
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.