NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
That may be the case, but second favourites for the premiership? The casualty ward says Baker, Nat Butcher, Billy Smith and Connor Watson. Even if you include Crichton it's not even that bad compared to other teams, it totals around $82k from their $24 million cap. They're not even in the Top 8, granted they have had a tough draw, but it seems fishy.
1. Tedesco
2. Tupou
3. Sualli
4. Manu
5. Paulo
6. Keary
7. Walker
8. Lodge
9. Smith
10. JWH
11. Crichton
12. N Butcher
13. Radley

14. Collins
15. E Butcher
16. Tupouniua
17. Brown

That's a squad with no real weakness what so ever

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
1. Tedesco
2. Tupou
3. Sualli
4. Manu
5. Paulo
6. Keary
7. Walker
8. Lodge
9. Smith
10. JWH
11. Crichton
12. N Butcher
13. Radley

14. Collins
15. E Butcher
16. Tupouniua
17. Brown

That's a squad with no real weakness what so ever

Then how come they are only 3 from 6 with, realistically, 1 or 2 key injuries?

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Normally he wears it in a bun on top of his head .
I noticed early in the game it was down his back and thought ; that`s different .

You might be thinking of Toby Rudolf.

Luai usually does a half and half. Some in a bun with the rest out. I'd say that if Frizzell did the same tackle with Luai's hair done as it usually is he'd still be grabbing it.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Then how come they are only 3 from 6 with, realistically, 1 or 2 key injuries?
really they should be around 13 or 14 charity points from the byes have some teams sitting higher than they should be

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
But did he actually grab his hair ?
I have watched it a few times . Looks to me like he has his fingers inside the collar of Luai`s jersey .Maybe some hair involved . But he didn`t use the hair to pull him down . If he did Jerome would have a chunk of hair missing . The way Luai fell made it look more dramatic .

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
But did he actually grab his hair ?
I have watched it a few times . Looks to me like he has his fingers inside the collar of Luai`s jersey .Maybe some hair involved . But he didn`t use the hair to pull him down . If he did Jerome would have a chunk of hair missing . The way Luai fell made it look more dramatic .

He had the jersey and the hair because the jersey is underneath. Ref (and the NRL) has it wrong, should only be a penalty if it's hair only.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Roosters still somehow second favourites. According to the odds posted in NRL.com (ladder), Panthers $3.50, Roosters $6.50, then Broncos, Rabbitohs & Storm on $7.00.

What is going on behind the scenes that the betting heavyweights are on to?

We'd be the team that is $3.50 had we ended the season strong last season.

I don't think any betting heavyweights are getting stuck in at this point, for mine it's purely based on probability in the eyes of the bookies. Way too many variables to be laying it down at this point in the season.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Could see it happening, the halves partnership isn't working and Tedesco isn't the right type of fullback to offset it.
Walker fails a drug test in 3… 2…

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
He had the jersey and the hair because the jersey is underneath. Ref (and the NRL) has it wrong, should only be a penalty if it's hair only.
And starts out that way. Otherwise we have the similar situation where fingers are hooked in the top of the jersey and in/around hair, but fingers slip from jersey to only be grabbing hair.

Hair only = not ok. Anything else, well it's your own fault for having hair like that not tied up. NRL have absolutely gotten this one wrong.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Funny that this guy was being thrown around in the same conversations as Dearden and Walsh just a couple of years ago. He's nowhere near either of them currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• sooticus
  • teampjta
  • davidp
  • Redfern_1980
  • Spooky1013
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Gaz
  • Fitzy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.