NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a simple fact that Milking has come back into the game now because the reffing has changed, in the early rounds any stoppage was a HIA assessment and off the field, the bunker also wouldn't get involved unless it's a challenge but now because they allow it off any stoppage like before, the milking has come back so players can get them to have a second look via the Bunker.

In the first 2-3 rounds Mams tackle on Whitehead would never be a penalty it would of been a HIA
assessment for Whitehead and play on.

Is that you Gal? Lol but got to say I completely agree with Gus and Gal on this.

I agree with gal that it should have been a try.

There is now a precedent that any contact with the head is reckless and that the defender owes the attacking player a "duty of care". So if the GF is locked up at 16-16 and you're on the attack with 30 seconds left on the clock the player running the ball can now just dive straight at the defender's leg, drop to their knees milliseconds before the tackle so head high contact is guaranteed, etc and win their side the premiership.

I agree with gal that it should have been a try.

There is now a precedent that any contact with the head is reckless and that the defender owes the attacking player a "duty of care". So if the GF is locked up at 16-16 and you're on the attack with 30 seconds left on the clock the player running the ball can now just dive straight at the defender's leg, drop to their knees milliseconds before the tackle so head high contact is guaranteed, etc and win their side the premiership.
It's not just any contact with the head it's also knees into the back on any kick chase where a fullback just dives to the ground.

There's already been a penalty for that this year... Gutho (I believe?) copped knees to the back after catching a bomb on his 1m line. He catches it drops immediately to the ground and the kick chaser goes over the top.

Gutho lays down and the ref gives him his penalty... Gutho gets back up and he's all fine.

That one combined with Taupau now means a fullback can just focus on catching the ball and if they get 'tackled too hard' then just lay down and hoped you've copped some accidental knees... instant penalty

It's not just any contact with the head it's also knees into the back on any kick chase where a fullback just dives to the ground.

There's already been a penalty for that this year... Gutho (I believe?) copped knees to the back after catching a bomb on his 1m line. He catches it drops immediately to the ground and the kick chaser goes over the top.

Gutho lays down and the ref gives him his penalty... Gutho gets back up and he's all fine.

That one combined with Taupau now means a fullback can just focus on catching the ball and if they get 'tackled too hard' then just lay down and hoped you've copped some accidental knees... instant penalty

How did we get to this?

How did we get to this?
Dylan Brown coming in with the knees on Drew Hutchinson.

The Roosters threw a fit over it and the game has been struggling to adjust to it ever since.

I thought the Broncos/Raiders game was a good example of the strange dichotomy. From the Raiders opening set, it was absolutely fine for Rapana to not only smack Capewell in the head with his shoulder but then to drive his shoulder into the head of Capewell on the ground. Brisbane try to respond, Atkins tells them to bugger off and Capewell subsequently goes off for an HIA.

Reed Mahoney - was on 360 last night and my gosh, that was deadset embarrassing. How did he get that gig? Of all the players they could get, they get a guy who can barely speak.

Reed Mahoney - was on 360 last night and my gosh, that was deadset embarrassing. How did he get that gig? Of all the players they could get, they get a guy who can barely speak.
Yep... but he's one of the boys now so they'll be talking it up like he was awesome, funny, etc. and now he'll be appearing all over the shop on Fox

wow. Crawley has gone full sensationalist in his latest article.

two of the questions/comments he made:

1. are the Dolphins, Bennett's greatest achievement?
2. Did Hunt just cost Griffin his job?
Hmmm, 1 team he took to 6 premierships, the other has only played 6 games

Only a deadset imbecile would even ask the question

dont blame 'crawlz' be hard to think clearly with waynes nutts firmly lodged in your throat

It’s funny he has nearly always been a shadow writer for Wayne. I doubt Wayne asked him to write this though.

Dylan Brown coming in with the knees on Drew Hutchinson.

The Roosters threw a fit over it and the game has been struggling to adjust to it ever since.

I thought the Broncos/Raiders game was a good example of the strange dichotomy. From the Raiders opening set, it was absolutely fine for Rapana to not only smack Capewell in the head with his shoulder but then to drive his shoulder into the head of Capewell on the ground. Brisbane try to respond, Atkins tells them to bugger off and Capewell subsequently goes off for an HIA.
rapana called out for the hia as well! wild

I am telling you, the way they are adjudicating the game.. why wouldn't someone go out there and blade themselves after a collision. WWE style.

I watched Nelson Asofa-Solomona knee a player in the head last season, he was out cold before he hit the turf. I don't think anything further happened, in fact Melbourne were awarded the try.

He was just commenting on his general happiness at the moment.

We’re so used to Bennett giving so little away to the media publicly but right now he just can’t hide the obvious enjoyment he’s getting watching a team almost everyone thought would be the competition’s new easy beats emerge as a genuine top eight contender.

That’s now four wins from six games and remember against the Cowboys they were without Jesse Bromwich, Felise Kaufusi, Sean O’Suillivan, Anthony Milford and Tesi Niu.

For a bloke that’s won seven NRL premierships this could ultimately rate up with Bennett’s greatest coaching achievements.

Remember Bennett always rated 1985 his greatest achievement. Not the Broncos- so if the Dolphins could make the 8 it's not that bigger of a stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • eazy-duzzit
  • IceWorks
  • scobie
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • BrisVegas
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.