NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The journalists allowed into those briefings never ask decent questions.

Jason Bateman Abc GIF by Emmys

Why else do you think they are permitted in those briefings...

They're probably handed a list of questions they can ask when they enter the room
I can't say I'm an avid listener, but the only time I've seen a journo push questions is when they seemingly represent a club. It may have been the Eels/Broncos game where one journo went chapter and verse over any perceived tough call against Parramatta. Otherwise it just seems like the outlets send over an intern to get a quick quote and they sip on their coffees as Graham waffles and try their best to stay awake to ask a question.

Not a peep about our game either. What a fuckwit.

Can't even keep his excuses straight either. Says the refs should make their decision regardless of the game situation. Can anyone remind me what he said about Reece Walsh and the end of the Knights game?

season 6 dancing GIF

Wait. Wasn't our game clock stopped to force us to take a drop out simply because "game circumstances"? But according to Annesley that's not a thing...but then why wouldn't he raise it as an issue at this briefing?

The more they try to explain things...the worse it gets! The dumb ***** really need to stop digging. Calling it a circus is far too kind.

Tallis has defended the Storms decision to celebrate the '07 and '09 premierships. he also claimed that every team over the last 5 years to win a premiership has been rorting the cap.

The raging fool vs Phil Slothfield:

Sloth:
“The NRL stripped them of the 2007 and 2009 titles for cheating, they did not legitimately win those grand finals,”

Fool: “Yes they did. I believe they did,”

Sloth: “They didn’t, they were cheating. Other teams were spending less money,”
Fool: “How many teams have won the grand final in the last five years and been under (the cap),”

Sloth: “I don’t know Gorden, it’s easy to say that, where’d your proof?”

Fool: “Listen, Melbourne Storm won, unless you’re a Storm fan I reckon you’re shitty, but they won those trophies. In my mind, as a footy fan, they’ve got a right to put them there,”

Sloth: “turn it up Gorden”

Fool: “well Manly didn’t win the game, did they”.

Sloth: “Manly should have been retrospectively, and Parramatta, been given the trophy because they were the best legitimate sides that year,”

Sloth: “Greg Inglis is holding the trophy and he got a speed boat on the side. Gordie you can’t defend this, they didn’t legitimately win the title,”

Fool: “In my opinion, I have no problem with it,”

Sloth: “Well I do. What happened in those days was blatant cheating, it was a long time ago but they should not be parading trophies around that were not theirs, they did not win those trophies,”

Tallis has defended the Storms decision to celebrate the '07 and '09 premierships. he also claimed that every team over the last 5 years to win a premiership has been rorting the cap.

Sloth:
“The NRL stripped them of the 2007 and 2009 titles for cheating, they did not legitimately win those grand finals,”

Fool: “How many teams have won the grand final in the last five years and been under (the cap),”

Fool: “Listen, Melbourne Storm won, unless you’re a Storm fan I reckon you’re shitty, but they won those trophies. In my mind, as a footy fan, they’ve got a right to put them there,”

Sloth: “Manly should have been retrospectively, and Parramatta, been given the trophy because they were the best legitimate sides that year,”

Sloth: “Greg Inglis is holding the trophy and he got a speed boat on the side. Gordie you can’t defend this, they didn’t legitimately win the title,”

Sloth: “Well I do. What happened in those days was blatant cheating, it was a long time ago but they should not be parading trophies around that were not theirs, they did not win those trophies,”
Gordon should be careful, because he's been saying some stuff lately that would make a tax auditor very curious.

Yeah man, their jersey is the worst in the world in general.

Looks like one of those ads you get on Facebook

I'm sure I've seen that at the local discount store

Sloth:

A few teams were 100,000 over the cap. Let’s just round it up and say 3%
The Storm were 3,000,000 over the cap so at the time approx 50%

One of these is not like the other.

Boom Rookies used the example of playing 18yo in the under 13s final and celebrating the victory forever more because “even though it was stripped they still WoN ThE gAmE”

For me it wasn't the premierships they won illegitimately, it was how it gave that club 3 of the great modern era spine players to build the club around for the period after that.

No doubt in my mind at least 1 of them would have left for a bit more money had they not cheated through that period.

For me it wasn't the premierships they won illegitimately, it was how it gave that club 3 of the great modern era spine players to build the club around for the period after that.

No doubt in my mind at least 1 of them would have left for a bit more money had they not cheated through that period.
Definitely leaves a stain on the entire game.

Exactly. It's the consistency, the time building connections and combinations that made them so good. If they hadn't cheated, they would have had to work around these things like every other team. Of course they played the match and won it, but the cheating isn't about one GF game, it's about long-term stability and confidence that other teams didn't have.

Not to mention the big game experience that spine recieved unfairly. Invaluable for the rest of their careers.

Not to mention the big game experience that spine recieved unfairly. Invaluable for the rest of their careers.
I think the 3 (we're not including Cronk are we?) had played for QLD and Oz by then so.....big games they knew...

I've always acknowledged the argument......but it's as @Organix said.....
continuity
keeping a good side together

One of the hardest things a club has to do.....legally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Jason Simmons
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • Griffo
  • Aldo
  • Harry Sack
  • RolledOates
  • kman
  • Financeguy
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncos4life
  • theshed
  • Wolfie
  • leish107
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Evander
  • Lurker
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.