NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only heard snippets of it when heading to the shops. Hooper was once again saying that he has no idea what it's about because Clint Newton just speaks nonsensical corporate talk. And yet 30 seconds earlier they actually read out part of the list of the key points the RLPA are contesting (points that Newton himself described really well when he was on the show). I tried to ring in about 5 times to point out that either Hooper is incredibly dumb to not grasp it, or is deliberately muddying the waters in order to hold his position on the matter, but the number just rings out. It seems that a group of people who supposedly discuss important matters "for the fans" aren't willing to hear the opinions of the actual fans themselves.

Also, Dobbo called out the Sharks for not having their 2016 title stripped hahahaha. I don't agree that the Storm ones should be celebrated because their fans and players want to acknowledge it, but it's great that he's pointed out the inconsistency with how the NRL just glossed over the Sharks' cheating.

Only heard snippets of it when heading to the shops. Hooper was once again saying that he has no idea what it's about because Clint Newton just speaks nonsensical corporate talk. And yet 30 seconds earlier they actually read out part of the list of the key points the RLPA are contesting (points that Newton himself described really well when he was on the show). I tried to ring in about 5 times to point out that either Hooper is incredibly dumb to not grasp it, or is deliberately muddying the waters in order to hold his position on the matter, but the number just rings out. It seems that a group of people who supposedly discuss important matters "for the fans" aren't willing to hear the opinions of the actual fans themselves.

Also, Dobbo called out the Sharks for not having their 2016 title stripped hahahaha. I don't agree that the Storm ones should be celebrated because their fans and players want to acknowledge it, but it's great that he's pointed out the inconsistency with how the NRL just glossed over the Sharks' cheating.
Yeah Hooper can't keep pedalling this line about not knowing what they want without being pulled up on it.

Everyone knows the FAQ from the RLPA has been out for weeks now... he should be getting pulled up about it and whether he's actually read the FAQ... and if he keeps pedalling on about it being unclear, then he's not qualified to comment on the matter because he's either too stupid to understand it or clearly gaslighting.

** HOOPER WARNING **

Hooper is claiming that O'Brien is caught in the middle of a player struggle at the Knights between CEO, Phil Gardner and everyone's favourite player agent, Isaac Moses.

Hooper says the Knights have talked to Michael Maguire, Paul McGregor, Des Hasler and Justin Holbrook over recent months about coaching the Knights.

According to the article Gardner's issue with Moses, is that the Knights have been left at the alter for big name signings over recent years (Staggs, Luki and Brooks)

The Knights were repeatedly assured they were in the box seat to sign all of those players. They had even written a press release to announce Staggs signing.

I heard a report on ABC Grandstand yesterday saying that the NRL are discussing de-funding the RLPA.

I suppose that's one way for the NRL to get rid of their RLPA problem
I dont really understand what they mean by that, because I would assume the RLPA is a component of the player's portion of the revenue... it's just that the NRL pay it.

I would assume that whatever payment they are proposing to de-fund would have to go to the players and then they would pay the RLPA... otherwise they are reducing the revenue percentage to the players arent they??

I heard a report on ABC Grandstand yesterday saying that the NRL are discussing de-funding the RLPA.

I suppose that's one way for the NRL to get rid of their RLPA problem

The Players pay for the RLPA but it's also a part of the cap, it would require the NRL to change the cap on it.

They can say what they want but I doubt the NRL would even have the balls to do that because that would almost certainly elevate the current action to a Full strike at that point.

Regarding the Vladys/NRL/RLPA issue, it seems like a very unprofessional handling by the NRL. PVL projection that Clint is trying to retain power in the RLPA and claiming they aren't wanting to compromise. I swear this must also go deeper. For example, would the financial resolutions not require players to have an accurate assessment of the money involved? So, would that not require an audit of the NRL? I don't trust PVL and his books at all to be clean.

Also, huge respect to the fans in comments section on NRL360 yt-videos discussing this. Calling out the bullshit. It's so obvious that the NRL is buying opinion, and it's hilarious watching them flounder to flip it. "I'm a journalist and I talk to players all the time" go.F yourself, the players probably hate you and are playing you on interviews. Word twisting mofos

The current orders the media figure heads have been given to act stupid and attack Clints character no matter what he says or how easily he dismantles their arguments has backfired badly on the NRL.

Outside Facebook Boomers who can't work out where the **** they are let alone a complex discussion, every comment in every form of media is like 99% pro RLPA, everyone can see the NRL has tried to discredit them using media lackeys.

Graham Annesley is a ****.

A soft one at that.

I'm about to watch the video. Replay still has 2 minutes of the "live stream starting soon". Do they not have an edit button?

Nothing about the Broncos fuckery?

Not a peep about our game either. What a fuckwit.

Can't even keep his excuses straight either. Says the refs should make their decision regardless of the game situation. Can anyone remind me what he said about Reece Walsh and the end of the Knights game?

season 6 dancing GIF

The journalists allowed into those briefings never ask decent questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Gaz
  • scobie
  • broncos4life
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mr Fourex
  • the_next
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Griffo
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.