NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we already know Smith was off to the Titans. It was already being reported, until Melbourne came up with a last minute save.

Billy has now also doubled down, because of course he would:

"“The players who were involved in that era of the Melbourne Storm, that was a four-year period from 2006 to 2009, and some players were only involved in the game through that period. So do we just wipe their careers? Or do we acknowledge that they contributed to the game, they went through pre-seasons, they went and put their bodies on the line.

I can understand people’s opinion, and their decision not to approve of that, but I think looking at it from our point of view it wasn’t televised, it was done to a crowd of Storm people, and it was done for the players.

“If you don’t like someone’s haircut when you’re walking down the street, do you go and voice your opinion to them? Or do you just keep walking and ignore it? If you don’t like it, just ignore it, move on with your life.”
"

Get absolutely fucked you cheating ****.

I don't give a shit that you're Queensland royalty, you will always be tarred with that brush and you fucking know it.

What about the players from other clubs who also went through pre-seasons, who went and put their bodies on the line? Who also only were involved in the game through that period? Who were unfairly denied the opportunity to win a premiership because your team systematically rorted the cap? No-one is saying strike their careers from the history books, that's a total strawman and I know that you are intelligent enough to know it, too.

Is there a salary cap for haircuts to make them all even? What a bullshit analogy and again, Billy, you are smart enough to know how disingenuous this is. How about if you're in the army and about to go out on patrol and some **** rocks up with a pink mohawk and gets you all killed? The poor bastards can't move on with their life because your dumbfuckery decision affected their life negatively.

The complete and utter lack of remorse, from ANYONE INVOLVED, at any level, at any time over the past decade plus, is why people are still fucking angry, Billy. Including the steadfast refusal to even acknowledge the lack of remorse just might be why people are pissed. As far as I am aware, not a single one of you EVER said sorry - to the fans, to the other clubs, to the NRL, to your fellow players. So spare me the "oh just forget it and move on".

Never, ever, ever should anyone move on from this when there has been zero apology, and zero accountability for your own actions. Your filthy club should be called on its bullshit each and every time it comes up. And you grub ***** should be as well, no matter what you have achieved in the game since. It's on a similar level to Johns' drug use for me - sure, he was still good, very good: but we will never know how much was genuinely him, and how much was the influence. Same goes for the Storm collectively and all of you blokes individually.

Until you offer a legitimate mea culpa, you can all go and shove those illegitimate trophies so far up each other's arses they come out your collective noses.

"“The players who were involved in that era of the Melbourne Storm, that was a four-year period from 2006 to 2009, and some players were only involved in the game through that period. So do we just wipe their careers? Or do we acknowledge that they contributed to the game, they went through pre-seasons, they went and put their bodies on the line.

I can understand people’s opinion, and their decision not to approve of that, but I think looking at it from our point of view it wasn’t televised, it was done to a crowd of Storm people, and it was done for the players.

“If you don’t like someone’s haircut when you’re walking down the street, do you go and voice your opinion to them? Or do you just keep walking and ignore it? If you don’t like it, just ignore it, move on with your life.”
"

I don't give a shit that you're Queensland royalty, you will always be tarred with that brush and you fucking know it.

What about the players from other clubs who also went through pre-seasons, who went and put their bodies on the line? Who also only were involved in the game through that period? Who were unfairly denied the opportunity to win a premiership because your team systematically rorted the cap? No-one is saying strike their careers from the history books, that's a total strawman and I know that you are intelligent enough to know it, too.

Is there a salary cap for haircuts to make them all even? What a bullshit analogy and again, Billy, you are smart enough to know how disingenuous this is. How about if you're in the army and about to go out on patrol and some **** rocks up with a pink mohawk and gets you all killed? The poor bastards can't move on with their life because your dumbfuckery decision affected their life negatively.

The complete and utter lack of remorse, from ANYONE INVOLVED, at any level, at any time over the past decade plus, is why people are still fucking angry, Billy. Including the steadfast refusal to even acknowledge the lack of remorse just might be why people are pissed. As far as I am aware, not a single one of you EVER said sorry - to the fans, to the other clubs, to the NRL, to your fellow players. So spare me the "oh just forget it and move on".

Never, ever, ever should anyone move on from this when there has been zero apology, and zero accountability for your own actions. Your filthy club should be called on its bullshit each and every time it comes up. And you grub ***** should be as well, no matter what you have achieved in the game since. It's on a similar level to Johns' drug use for me - sure, he was still good, very good: but we will never know how much was genuinely him, and how much was the influence. Same goes for the Storm collectively and all of you blokes individually.

Until you offer a legitimate mea culpa, you can all go and shove those illegitimate trophies so far up each other's arses they come out your collective noses.
100% well said.

We absolutely should void their careers from those years. Everything that involves the club, games played, tries scored. Everything that they won or achieved.

For me it wasn't the premierships they won illegitimately, it was how it gave that club 3 of the great modern era spine players to build the club around for the period after that.

No doubt in my mind at least 1 of them would have left for a bit more money had they not cheated through that period.
The broncos had Smith all but signed on the dotted line in 2008 but “my wife said I would regret leaving the storm and to follow my heart, so I changed my mind”

And we already know Smith was off to the Titans. It was already being reported, until Melbourne came up with a last minute save.
Bro he was off to the broncos. He said so on kempy podcast.

I hate that those players are
Bro he was off to the broncos. He said so on kempy podcast.

That's interesting because it was the Titans that he was rumoured to have been ready to sign with until a last-minute effort by the Storm. There were a lot more articles at the time (that seem to have been scrubbed from the internet), here's one confirming it was between the Titans and Storm.

"

equating johns taking recreational drugs to the storm systematically cheating is an interesting way of looking at it

Anyone else tempting fate and getting their GF tix today.

@azza No , NRL pre sale . Can get tickets from 3pm

"

I get what Billy is saying tbh. Its probably not fair on some of their players who would have been on minimal contracts and had nothing to do with a lot of what went on but you cant rewrite history. They cheated and got caught, and as you say players from other teams got beaten by a squad put together by cheats.

D

Do you need a code to access, if so, I didn't get one.
Its supposed to be emailed today at 3pm but so far it's not here. Typical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Cavalo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • Xzei
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Waynesaurus
  • Brocko
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • theshed
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  • Battler
  • phoenix
  • Santa
  • Dexter
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.