NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been movement in the NRL - RLPA dispute? None of the players have covered up the emblem?

Thoughts on the Rooster's penalty tactics.

• It won them a premiership in 2013

• Refs are afraid to bin for repeated infringements

• If you do use the bin on Manly for repeated infringements but not on Sydney that has to be explained...Siebold has a right to be pissed

• Manly didn't take advantage, but maybe they weren't given a chance

• No problem with the Brown send off

• I defended the Arthars high hit, because it was an arm and the bloke was falling. Shoulders to the head need to be punished

• Not from this game, but seriously how do JWH and NAS get away with fines with their records. Way worse than Flegler who always cops a
suspension. I know - the jersey...

• NRL dug this hole. I agreed with the penalty crackdown a few years back and the NRL and refs should have stuck with it. Not the magic round crackdown. The one where Joey and Gus had a whinge

• 100% the better teams get away with more in the ruck and can get off their line quicker. How many hold down penalties did Capewell give away last year for doing what he had done for 2 seasons previously?

Watching 360, and seeing the slow mo of Luai"s hit on NAS.. it was out and out blatant and very deliberate, and I agree with Hooper's opinion .. Luai is a protected species and he is a running joke.

Luai is a little *****. I absolutely despise the cat. And in my opinion, he is a coward. Coming as third man in .. it was just a coward dog shot.

What an absolute disgrace, and I am so happy he's not a Bronco.

Conspiracy theory - the recent increase in Sin-bins and send offs are due to the ongoing player disputes. The NRL are willing to shoot themselves in the foot rather than meet RLPA.

In the article (it is a Q&A with Annesley about the bunker), Fox sports claim that back in April the NRL offered to allow the media inside the bunker for a game to get a better idea of how the bunker operates. While Fox Sports to the NRL up on the offer, the NRL have yet to come through

this was Annesley response when asked again:

Q: I spoke to you back in April after you said journalists were welcome to come inside the Bunker to write a behind-the-scenes piece, is that offer still on the table?

Annesley: Yeah it is but you’ll have to go through (NRL media) to organise that.

Q: I’ve been trying to but have been met with a fair bit of silence on that front.

Annesley: I’ll mention it to them again.

In the article (it is a Q&A with Annesley about the bunker), Fox sports claim that back in April the NRL offered to allow the media inside the bunker for a game to get a better idea of how the bunker operates. While Fox Sports to the NRL up on the offer, the NRL have yet to come through

this was Annesley response when asked again:

Q: I spoke to you back in April after you said journalists were welcome to come inside the Bunker to write a behind-the-scenes piece, is that offer still on the table?

Annesley: Yeah it is but you’ll have to go through (NRL media) to organise that.

Q: I’ve been trying to but have been met with a fair bit of silence on that front.

Annesley: I’ll mention it to them again.

I mean, it's a clown show, but it IS entertaining in a certain way. I actually find it ludicrously funny now watch Annesley. There's something about an old man in a suit acting like a child presenting his homework that he (literally) did just before it was due and the disinterested class hardly paying attention and asking lame questions while the teacher has already checked out.

That's fucked. They've been talking about weight/height divisions in juniors for a long time - will they ever implement it? Even if they do though, it's difficult when you get to an age like 11/12, when some kids are hitting puberty and some aren't. Hard to decide what's best.

But, that video above just demonstrates the danger of having a kid that size playing against a bunch of munchkins. It's a safety risk. Good on those little kids for having a go, but if I was a parent, I'd be very concerned for the safety of my child coming up against a colossus like that.

I remember in U/9s, we had to play a team full of big Samoan boys in rugby. Myself and my fellow prop forward were hardly small in weight/size, but these Samoan kids were absolute tanks. It was fucked. I could barely wrap my arms around their legs to make a tackle (because there was no chance I was going to be able to tackle them on the upper body). We knew we couldn't really stop them, but we had a go. It wasn't much fun though haha.

we need some turbocharged stat freaks ITT

id love to see a deep dive on capewell getting penalised at penrith vs at brisbane coz i know i am biased as shit but he certainly seems to be getting reffed differently from when he was at penrith

watch old mate flegs get the NAS/JWH treatment (i.e. do whatever you want) when he moves to dolphins too

Watching 360, and seeing the slow mo of Luai"s hit on NAS.. it was out and out blatant and very deliberate, and I agree with Hooper's opinion .. Luai is a protected species and he is a running joke.

Luai is a little *****. I absolutely despise the cat. And in my opinion, he is a coward. Coming as third man in .. it was just a coward dog shot.

What an absolute disgrace, and I am so happy he's not a Bronco.
The first sign for me was when he stood over an unconscious Cobbo screaming at him like it was tough.
Hated the ***** guts ever since.

That's fucked. They've been talking about weight/height divisions in juniors for a long time - will they ever implement it? Even if they do though, it's difficult when you get to an age like 11/12, when some kids are hitting puberty and some aren't. Hard to decide what's best.
I think the problem with weight divisions is that you could end up with a 10yr old playing against u/15's for example.....

Its is hard to decide whats best....... difficult to know the answer

Become much more of an issue the last 20yrs with a lot more polynesian kids playing the game. A lot of them are absolute monsters.....at a very young age.

I think the problem with weight divisions is that you could end up with a 10yr old playing against u/15's for example.....

Its is hard to decide whats best....... difficult to know the answer

Become much more of an issue the last 20yrs with a lot more polynesian kids playing the game. A lot of them are absolute monsters.....at a very young age.

How about a combined weight for the team hahahahahah. Like 200kg max. You'd have 8x 25kg kid on one side, and 4x 50kg kids on the other team.

The first sign for me was when he stood over an unconscious Cobbo screaming at him like it was tough.
Hated the ***** guts ever since.
Even some of his team mates must have hated that. Not only is it bad form it just makes you look so weak, would love to know some of his team mates real thoughts about him.

I mean, it's a clown show, but it IS entertaining in a certain way. I actually find it ludicrously funny now watch Annesley. There's something about an old man in a suit acting like a child presenting his homework that he (literally) did just before it was due and the disinterested class hardly paying attention and asking lame questions while the teacher has already checked out.

How is the teacher in this illustration? I don't think anyone NRL or NRL Media-related is even teacher level smart.

Even some of his team mates must have hated that. Not only is it bad form it just makes you look so weak, would love to know some of his team mates real thoughts about him.
💡 Get the 360 🤡 's onto it.

Pop Corn GIF by WWE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• theshed
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Battler
  • Painin the Haas
  • sooticus
  • Jedhead
  • Fitzy
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • Bucking Beads
  • scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.