NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the teacher in this illustration? I don't think anyone NRL or NRL Media-related is even teacher level smart.
That's what I meant by checked out.

366388079 10160653758274544 8246454040859195369 n

I think it's pretty crazy how we didn't top the merch sales, also Dolphins only being 6th despite it being their first season so the first time you can even get their merch is surprising.

This also confirms to me that Titans are a fake team and shouldn't exist, they are taking cream SEQ talent with not a soul giving a crap about their existence, move the team to Ipswich or something.

Several times a year when they play at home they get outnumbered by away fans, it's honestly pretty sad.

The Titans problem IMO is that as a brand they are just not that appealing. The name, the mascot, the jersey design, the colours, everything just looks and feels a bit meh............a bit plastic and fake...................oh hang on...............sorry my mistake, they are on the Gold Coast...................it all checks out........................carry on.

I think it's pretty crazy how we didn't top the merch sales, also Dolphins only being 6th despite it being their first season so the first time you can even get their merch is surprising.

This also confirms to me that Titans are a fake team and shouldn't exist, they are taking cream SEQ talent with not a soul giving a crap about their existence, move the team to Ipswich or something.

Several times a year when they play at home they get outnumbered by away fans, it's honestly pretty sad.

The probably included the Redcliffe QLD cup sales

Panthers making the GF the past 3 years in a row would be the reason why. Clubs make up GF shirts, Premiers shirts etc so that's what would have boosted their sales.

Easily the strongest club in the comp, with daylight second. Where we should be. Now it's time for another premiership window - also where we should be.

The probably included the Redcliffe QLD cup sales
I'm surprised it's low not high, the support they have is noticeable but they would get a boost being their first year as no one is likely to have anything at that point, they even said Dolphins merch was selling fast early in the year.

These numbers are exactly why I'm certain the NRL was fine sacrificing the Broncos to bring in the Dolphins. It's also why I'm sure the clubs in the bottom half get leg-ups to keep them competitive and keep the fans engaged. If we compared those figures over the past 20 years it would be Broncos 1st and then daylight and then a few solid clubs and then the typical strugglers.
Looking at those same tables would probably also reveal clubs struggling, then miraculously winning a premiership and climbing up in ratings. Rinse and repeat.

These numbers are exactly why I'm certain the NRL was fine sacrificing the Broncos to bring in the Dolphins. It's also why I'm sure the clubs in the bottom half get leg-ups to keep them competitive and keep the fans engaged. If we compared those figures over the past 20 years it would be Broncos 1st and then daylight and then a few solid clubs and then the typical strugglers.
Looking at those same tables would probably also reveal clubs struggling, then miraculously winning a premiership and climbing up in ratings. Rinse and repeat.
I don't even think Dolphins joining has even effected us, the fan numbers suggest where ever they came from they certainly didn't come from us in any notable way.

We have grown in all measures this year.

I don't even think Dolphins joining has even effected us, the fan numbers suggest where ever they came from they certainly didn't come from us in any notable way.

We have grown in all measures this year.
Yes, but in a business sense, it is better to be safe than sorry. Shake the tree to have the fairweather fans fall to Redcliffe and you've got a lot of people who want to spice things up when the old club in town isn't running so hot. Then all of a sudden they are back to competition leaders. Wow, amazing. You couldn't write this shit. Life is stranger than fiction. Except maybe it isn't. Sometimes money talks a damn lot, and when the news corp. is part of the entity, well... it's a pretty solid propaganda model.

Only 8k members after being in the comp for over 15 years is piss poor. Put it along side no one wanting to wear their gear or watch them on tv (safe guess to say its the same with media articles) and its a sad reality for them.

They could disappear tomorrow and i doubt anyone would care (other than 8 thousand members), casual fans wouldn't even notice to be able to work out what happened and why there is not a bye every week anymore.

Yes, but in a business sense, it is better to be safe than sorry. Shake the tree to have the fairweather fans fall to Redcliffe and you've got a lot of people who want to spice things up when the old club in town isn't running so hot. Then all of a sudden they are back to competition leaders. Wow, amazing. You couldn't write this shit. Life is stranger than fiction. Except maybe it isn't. Sometimes money talks a damn lot, and when the news corp. is part of the entity, well... it's a pretty solid propaganda model.
Idk, I think we showed signs last year we could do this and it does seem Walsh was the final piece we were looking for

My best theory for Dolphins is they have picked up BRL fans who had a grudge against the Broncos for joining the Sydney comp in '88, which even though the decline was happening before due to the pokie laws in QLD giving NSW clubs the advantage it basically confirmed the kill, considering they themselves used to be a BRL team it probably appeals to these people.

The Titans problem IMO is that as a brand they are just not that appealing. The name, the mascot, the jersey design, the colours, everything just looks and feels a bit meh............a bit plastic and fake...................oh hang on...............sorry my mistake, they are on the Gold Coast...................it all checks out........................carry on.
Living on the Gold Coast I can tell you when it comes to talking about footy in 2023, there are about 16 teams talked about, no one knows about this "Titans" side.

Idk, I think we showed signs last year we could do this and it does seem Walsh was the final piece we were looking for

My best theory for Dolphins is they have picked up BRL fans who had a grudge against the Broncos for joining the Sydney comp in '88, which even though the decline was happening before due to the pokie laws in QLD giving NSW clubs the advantage it basically confirmed the kill, considering they themselves used to be a BRL team it probably appeals to these people.
Of course we showed signs. We showed signs when we were being smashed because the kids were good. The difference was the draw got rigged after 2 games, the 6-again rule was used to great effect against us, and the psychological effects of that caused a huge slump. It's quite obvious that we're not being punished as heavily this season.

Watching some 30 for 30 and this comes up.

My whole life has been a lie!

l-intro-1634571326.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Hurrijo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • lynx000
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • broncsgoat
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.