NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titans haven't copped much at all this season.
Well Mo was sent off in the 16th minute or so wasn't he... so it's equivalent to 60mins of sin binnings in one hit 🤷🤷

The other one they've had is Tino against us

Well Mo was sent off in the 16th minute or so wasn't he... so it's equivalent to 60mins of sin binnings in one hit 🤷🤷

The other one they've had is Tino against us
I guess. I guess you gotta credit them for playing clean footy....

Straight Face Trying Not To Laugh GIF

I always chuckle when I hear Gus try to defend the Bulldogs and say how hard it is for bottom teams to get back to the top.

all I think when he says that is ... we did it in 3 years bitch.

I always chuckle when I hear Gus try to defend the Bulldogs and say how hard it is for bottom teams to get back to the top.

Very much a "Hold my XXXX" moment. Would be great if I could believe we did it on purpose.

And yet they are still following the "paying overs" method and wondering why the mercenaries they attract are not playing as well as those that are playing for a club they genuinely love.

Because so many of the Warriors games are on at 6pm on a Friday, I haven't really watched too many of them so am not sure whether they are actually good or not.

Just had a look at their draw though and with the benefit of hindsight, it's been pretty easy overall and also considering when they played a lot of teams. i.e. played the Cowboys twice when they were bad, dogs twice, panthers once, storm once, us once etc.

They've also been pretty scratchy the last few weeks against easier opposition. I'd be gunning hard for 2nd rather than the MP this year for us.

Because so many of the Warriors games are on at 6pm on a Friday, I haven't really watched too many of them so am not sure whether they are actually good or not.

Just had a look at their draw though and with the benefit of hindsight, it's been pretty easy overall and also considering when they played a lot of teams. i.e. played the Cowboys twice when they were bad, dogs twice, panthers once, storm once, us once etc.

They've also been pretty scratchy the last few weeks against easier opposition. I'd be gunning hard for 2nd rather than the MP this year for us.
Make up of the top 4 isn't fully settled as yet.

If warriors drop a game then we're guaranteed top 2, but it also means storm can equal warriors on points... F/A then comes into it and they're both basically equal from that standpoint.

Storm have easy games playing dragons and then titans, leading up to us in the last round... Warriors also have easy games with manly and dragons in NZ, before dolphins at Suncorp.

On form Manly could be an easy game having to travel to NZ, but they got up last week against penrith and warriors have looked shaky the last couple weeks against teams they should beat. I can also see dolphins representing a banana peel in the last round with warriors having to travel to Qld and playing them in dolphins last chance to do anything for the year.

Hmm if there was a fight between the coaches who will win I mean it is between Craig Bellamy Wayne Bennett and Ricky Staurt those three are most butt hurt coaches

Tim Sheens won't see out another Tigers contract, he has been stood down for next year. Benji Marshall will take over as head coach. The club saying this move was instigated by Sheens management.

Benji Marshall's move into the head coaching role will likely see an overhaul of the coaching structure.
  • Current assistant coach, Robbie Farah, is likely to move into a senior football management role
  • Current South Sydney assistant and former Sharks head coach John Morris is a short-priced favourite to join Marshall as a senior coaching staff member in 2024.
  • Defence coach and Sheens’ right-hand man David Furner could become a casualty.
Lee Hagipantelis said:

“It is in unfortunate that yet again I have to deal with these matters publicly” Hagipantelis said.

“There had been internal discussions concerning the acceleration of Benji Marshall’s transition into the head coaching role within the two year period, which was always in our contemplation.

“Such discussions were undertaken with the blessing of Tim Sheens. These discussions emanated after an outreach from Tim’s management.”

Pacific Championship announced:

2023 Pacific Championships Schedule​

Week One – October 14-15
  • Australia v Samoa (men) at Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville
  • Australia v New Zealand (women) at Queensland Country Bank Stadium Townsville
  • PNG v Cook Islands (men) at Santos Stadium, Port Moresby
  • Samoa v Fiji (women) at Santos Stadium, Port Moresby
Week Two – October 21-22
  • New Zealand v Samoa (men) at Eden Park, Auckland
  • New Zealand v Tonga (women) at Eden Park, Auckland
  • Fiji v Cook Islands (men) at Santos Stadium, Port Moresby
  • PNG v Cook Islands (women) at Santos Stadium, Port Moresby
Week Three – October 28-29
  • Australia v New Zealand (men) at AAMI Park, Melbourne
  • Australia v New Zealand (women) at AAMI Park, Melbourne
  • PNG v Fiji (men) at Santos Stadium, Port Moresby
Week Four – November 4-5
  • The Final of the men’s Pacific Cup tournament on November 4 in Hamilton, New Zealand
  • The Final of the men’s Pacific Bowl tournament on November 5 at Santos Stadium, Port Moresby

Still can't believe the Tigers signed two coaches - one likely over the hill and the other completely inexperienced - when Shane Flanagan was available.

The best fit for them was actually Adrian Lam. What he has done with Leigh is exactly what Wests need.

I tell you what though, I don't think the squad itself for the Tigers is that bad. They obviously have some gaps but the nucleus of a good side is there but just with some significant holes. They need to cut some of the dead wood though and that includes some stalwarts. Brooks may go well at Manly but they needed to get rid of him. Nofoluma just doesn't have the will to win that they need, he needs to be cut. They have an absolute gun at 9 and their 1 is a gun in the making.

They've got some other key pieces to build around with this:

1. Bula
3. Naden
8. Klemmer
9. Koroisau
12. Bateman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.