NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably just missed it, but does anyone know why half the players are patching the NRL logo, and half are not?
I haven't noticed anyone not patched, maybe a few fell off with sweat late game.

I've seen every player covering it so far... except some souths players, but I think that was just shit tape and it fell off
I noticed a lot of the tigers players were not covering up either?

I think it was nothing more than crap tape and maybe the conditions in Tamworth.

I think it was nothing more than crap tape and maybe the conditions in Tamworth.
Clint may need to send out an additional memo. Cover the logo on the shorts as well. If they are going to do something they may as well do it properly. And also ..

Massive credit to Cam Smith for calling out the media. He said the how many players know argument is disingenuous, and called out the media multiple times for driving a wedge and even said if the NRL believed they were actually being reasonable they'd have agreed to an independent mediator.

This is on the captain's run podcast with Kempy but if I'm not mistaken he's literally the only NRL big name who has had the nuts to discuss it honestly.

Also, shout out to Ben Teo and to a lesser extent, Ryan Girdler, who took on David Riccio on Triple M today. Teo made him sound like an idiot and also called out Tallis and Hooper’s bullshit on 360 the other night.

Also, shout out to Ben Teo and to a lesser extent, Ryan Girdler, who took on David Riccio on Triple M today. Teo made him sound like an idiot and also called out Tallis and Hooper’s bullshit on 360 the other night.
Would like to listen, where was that? Always knew Teo was a legend when he told Weedler to **** himself.

Just a pity they didn’t put the whole segment up - it went for about five minutes.

This is what the Storm CEO said when questioned about the club celebrating the 2007 and 2009 titles, even though they were stripped in the biggest cheating scandal the sport has every seen:

Justin Rodski said:

“The club acknowledges the teams from those two years,” he said.

“They were the winners of the grand final on those days.

“It was appropriate to acknowledge those teams and the players who fought so hard to achieve a grand final victory.

“What happened retrospectively had nothing to do with the players.

“We think it appropriate to celebrate the seasons that they had. It’s part of our history that on those days in 2007 and 2009 our teams won the grand final.”

Yeah it's completely normal to sign two contracts and be completely oblivious to what the extra money is.
10000%

Any argument "oh but the players didn't know" is absolute bullshit.

I was so glad when all the cheating Melbourne scum finally left the QLD Origin team so I didn't have to barrack for them anymore. Always left a sour taste in my mouth cheering for the likes of Smith, Cronk and Slater despite how obviously incredible they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• leish107
  • Harry Sack
  • barker
  • IceWorks
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • mitch222
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.