NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
........... the players are upping the ante. from tomorrow night the players will be covering up the NRL logo on their jerseys (in addition to the media ban)
:rofl ....beautiful.

I wonder if the players would go so far as to boycott the finals?

Of course you're right but....
such action would bring things to a head if the NRL fucktards still refuse to play ball.

I wonder how all the clubs feel about this........
they've all been pretty silent
?

Hard NO to finals boycott.
We’re in it to win the whole thing. However, refusing to do the Post GF speech from Reynolds? That might be palatable because we’re already in euphoria from winning.
Alternatively, just keep going all the way until the big dance and come to an agreement the week of.
No GF lunch etc….
The young boys won’t need the “experience” we’re winning plenty more 🔥

another day another NRL360 i couldn't sit through

back on their soap box because the players are upping the ante. from tomorrow night the players will be covering up the NRL logo on their jerseys (in addition to the media ban)

if you want to know NRL360's take it is this:
  • The players don't really want to do this is, it is all Clint Newton (of course they forget to mention that if the players don't want to follow Newton, all they have to do is vote him out and he would be gone)
  • Clint Newton embarrasses himself every time he speaks.

I don't know if they even realise that the fans know they are full of shit. Everyone with a brain can see what's going on, particularly those who have seen or heard Newton's discussion on it all.

If this goes on much longer, I think we'll see an unprecedented push towards "media" coverage that is more in touch with the fans. Not just because of everyday fans who will be seeking out alternative coverage, but also because I can see clubs and players favouring the smaller, more independent guys as their platform to the fans. Their obligational press conferences will become more scripted and generic, and like we've seen with Bloke In A Bar, etc, the more candid interviews will go to the independent guys. Or maybe one of these guys will end up pushing hard to step up and become a big-time viable alternative to Fox Sports' coverage.

Vossy unsurprisingly another shill pretending to be arguing for the fans.

It always cracks me up when they try that shit ... because all you have to do is scroll down to the comments section to discover the vast majority of fans are actually supporting the players / RLPA and are against the Media / NRL

It always cracks me up when they try that shit ... because all you have to do is scroll down to the comments section to discover the vast majority of fans are actually supporting the players / RLPA and are against the Media / NRL
It just amazes me why none of these so called journos are asking Vlandys the tough questions. All too happy to hammer Clint and pretend they're neutral but I've yet to hear one media personality bag the NRL's handling of the negotiations.

It just amazes me why none of these so called journos are asking Vlandys the tough questions. All too happy to hammer Clint and pretend they're neutral but I've yet to hear one media personality bag the NRL's handling of the negotiations.
And none of them can come up with a reason as to why they wont accept a mediator coming in to resolve the issues.

It would suggest what the NRL are proposing is unreasonable.

They'll either sweep that interview with Clint under the rug... or have a set of talking points trying to justify why the NRL wont just let an independent come in and resolve it.

The interview was farcical from Voss (who has become a total media puppet... he's getting further and further away from being a "fan")... with his constant deflecting to his talking points.

"what percentage know why they're striking?"... Clint literally cannot answer that. He doesnt know every single member's comprehension of the points... but it's all out there for them to read or to discuss with a senior player who does understand it

"The average person cant get past avg salary of $400k"... really... we cant get past that, even though on Fox right now I'm assuming there's 100's of articles related to ridiculous salaries being offered to players. We're pretty well aware that professional athletes get paid a shit ton of money. It's also known that money isnt up for discussion, because the salary cap for next year has been set for ages now.

"Abdo has stepped aside... why wont you?"... it's not his decision or Vlando's decision to determine who organises from the other side. Abdo's boss and therefore the NRL reps have decided to remove their side... the players can decide at any point if they want Clint to move aside, and they havent.

You could clearly tell that Magnussen doesnt have the talking points like Voss, because all of his questions were met with favourable answers from the RLPA.

Newton needs to keep his head now and all indications are that he will but once this is over, he should sue Hooper for his disgraceful comments tonight. Absolutely unnecessary and untrue.

No one cares about Fox or the idiots running the game, we’d all be FAR better off with a broom through both joints.

This carry on does the opposite to what they think, Australia is a country built on the ethos of sticking it to the regime and the NRL are making it oh so easy for the general fan to take the side of the players.

Newton needs to keep his head now and all indications are that he will but once this is over, he should sue Hooper for his disgraceful comments tonight. Absolutely unnecessary and untrue.

No one cares about Fox or the idiots running the game, we’d all be FAR better off with a broom through both joints.

This carry on does the opposite to what they think, Australia is a country built on the ethos of sticking it to the regime and the NRL are making it oh so easy for the general fan to take the side of the players.
It was disgraceful. He is a coward. And Tallis giggling like a little schoolgirl. Wanted to smash their heads together through the TV.

Apparently they put that Hooper clip up on Fox's Twitter account or something and took it down pretty quickly after the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dexter
  • broncos4life
  • RolledOates
  • Culhwch
  • upthebroncs
  • jarro65
  • mitch222
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Financeguy
  • Astro
  • bb_gun
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Howie
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.