NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the post-games, they have heaps of those alternate angles of the big moments, I don't think we've lost anything at all in that regard.

Can't download them. Kayo have started protecting the live streams.

I can download matches after a few days but the pre-match and post-match stuff is edited out.

Also, two things. Triple M were once again bemoaning the time it is taking to do this deal. They said that there wan now going to be someone else appointed for each side (stepping Newton & Abdo aside) to continue negotiations. And how great that would be because Newton is too confusing, "he had half an hour with their show and still couldn't tell the people what the players were after". This, despite Newton being extremely clear with what they were fighting for, including specific examples that were in contention (eg, the players having a right to be consulted on any changes to how the NRL uses / sells the players' data, and the same for if they intend to change the number of games played each year). So either the Triple M hosts are dumb as dog shit for not understanding, or they are deliberately trying to paint Newton and the Union as morons who don't know what they are doing. Either of which is scary, and it's likely a combination of both.

And the other thing. If the NRL and the media are bemoaning how awful it is for the fans not to see the players being interviewed before and after games, does that just not re-inforce that the players are the core of the game and therefore they deserve to have their demands properly considered? So they are too important for the game to not be front and centre, but not important enough to be valued accordingly??? It's absolutely gutless by the NRL that they are using the media to push their agenda, but it's not surprising as the current administration has zero respect from the fans and nor should they.

Media: "We're not bothered at all... but also why the **** is this taking so long... Vlando should step in and sort this out"

They wouldn't dare question the head honcho...might end up with a dead horse's head in their bed.

Can't download them. Kayo have started protecting the live streams.

I can download matches after a few days but the pre-match and post-match stuff is edited out.

To be fair, yeah, it sucks that fans can't use that footage for their own purposes, but let's be real here, it's copyrighted material that shouldn't be downloaded and re-purposed anyway, unless by people with explicit permission.

It would be hilarious if this were the catalyst for that to happen. Like the streamlining of other industries and services, where the middle man (in this case, the media) is cut out and the content is made by the performers themselves, directly for the fans. Someone should come up with this platform and call it something like Direct To The Fans, or For The Fans, or Only The Fans. Something simple.
DTF i like the sound of that lol

It would be hilarious if this were the catalyst for that to happen. Like the streamlining of other industries and services, where the middle man (in this case, the media) is cut out and the content is made by the performers themselves, directly for the fans. Someone should come up with this platform and call it something like Direct To The Fans, or For The Fans, or Only The Fans. Something simple.
Only Fans......?
Audrey Hepburn Reaction GIF

NRL360 back on their soapbox whinging about the Boycott.

claiming the players don't understand why they are boycotting ... and are backing Vlandys.

but as usual they are out of touch with the fans

now whinging that Clint Newton went to Melbourne to meet with the ACTU boss

The NRL 360 panel are getting roasted on twitter (sorry i mean X), Fox League made the mistake of posting the clip from todays show. literally no one has sided with them, lol

Conduit to the people and all that...

tragic but fairly well documented these days. i'm absolutely all for any sort of stand down policy for concussions or any sort of head trauma. it sucks to lose a player for the game/a few weeks but I'd rather that than those same players struggling to remember where they put their wallet 5 years after retiring (yeah yeah I know we all lose shit, but on a serious note).

In typical NRL fashion.......such a pissweak hill to try and stand on.
Such a hopeless attempt to create division amongst the players group........

Isn't there one media identiy who has the balls to ask the NRL........well, why don't you meet with the Players union. Essentially thats all they have been asking you to do?

In typical NRL fashion.......such a pissweak hill to try and stand on.
Such a hopeless attempt to create division amongst the players group........

Isn't there one media identiy who has the balls to ask the NRL........well, why don't you meet with the Players union. Essentially thats all they have been asking you to do?

Of course they won’t because they were the beneficiaries of a terrible media deal by Vlandys, so of course they want to protect their own interests. Turning to the media, who have ripped off the players effectively by such a terrible deal in Kahoots with the NRL dictator for unbiased reporting on this matter is a terrible idea.

another day another NRL360 i couldn't sit through

back on their soap box because the players are upping the ante. from tomorrow night the players will be covering up the NRL logo on their jerseys (in addition to the media ban)

if you want to know NRL360's take it is this:
  • The players don't really want to do this is, it is all Clint Newton (of course they forget to mention that if the players don't want to follow Newton, all they have to do is vote him out and he would be gone)
  • Clint Newton embarrasses himself every time he speaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Fitzy
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Painin the Haas
  • Bucking Beads
  • BruiserMk1
  • pagey
  • thenry
  • Financeguy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Spooky1013
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.