NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have know idea who Clarkey is, but a mate forwarded this to me…
I tend to agree… what do you guys think?
View attachment 23081
I'd swap the Storm with the Wahs and I think the Rabbits are looking too shaky to be considered "Fringe". After this round they're sitting outside the top 8 even. I also think the Raiders, Eels and Cows (If they remain healthy) are a huge threat. Mind you the Cows have that magic - no team have ever won the GF after having 50 or more scored on them in the season to contend with.

My smokey to at least make the GF are the Wahs. Whether they win it or not will depend on how healthy/suspensions the opposition have to contend with, but I think they need a huge bit of luck to actually get the choccies.

I'd swap the Storm with the Wahs and I think the Rabbits are looking too shaky to be considered "Fringe". After this round they're sitting outside the top 8 even. I also think the Raiders, Eels and Cows (If they remain healthy) are a huge threat. Mind you the Cows have that magic - no team have ever won the GF after having 50 or more scored on them in the season to contend with.

My smokey to at least make the GF are the Wahs. Whether they win it or not will depend on how healthy/suspensions the opposition have to contend with, but I think they need a huge bit of luck to actually get the choccies.
Are the Wahs a smokey though? I have them as legitimate contenders along side us tbh.

Are the Wahs a smokey though? I have them as legitimate contenders along side us tbh.
I think we're on the same page then. I've had them as a smokey since about round 12. They just look the goods under Webster.

Adding to yours @Kimlo, I’d move Souths into Prime Contenders. Otherwise agree..
Rooters, I’m theory could make the 8
Souths are now 2 games out of 4th with 5 games remaining in the season. And history shows, its hard to win the comp from outside the 4 and they will be no different.

Souths should win all their remaining games, plus they have a bye up their sleeve. They will be in the 8 comfortably.
Maybe 4 if some teams drop games.

"Seriously, grow up. Both parties need to grow up and just work this out," he told Wide World of Sports' The Billy Slater Podcast.

"The players not talking to the media, this is getting ridiculous now. Can we just grow up and just work this out? I don't understand.

"To watch a game of footy and not hear from the players after the game, I don't understand how we can't sit down and work something out."

"I didn't feel like this when it first happened, like make your point, fair enough, (but) that was three weeks ago, we were in Origin camp. That was so long ago," he said.

"We've got pretty good communication these days, you can pick up the phone, you can get on a zoom call, you can actually go and see people, let's sort this out.

"That's the growing up part that I don't understand.

"For this to drag out for three weeks, people are just too stubborn, that's all it is. What's three weeks?

"Are we going to go to three months? Is this going to go through the finals? It's not necessary."

"Seriously, grow up. Both parties need to grow up and just work this out," he told Wide World of Sports' The Billy Slater Podcast.

"The players not talking to the media, this is getting ridiculous now. Can we just grow up and just work this out? I don't understand.

"To watch a game of footy and not hear from the players after the game, I don't understand how we can't sit down and work something out."

"I didn't feel like this when it first happened, like make your point, fair enough, (but) that was three weeks ago, we were in Origin camp. That was so long ago," he said.

"We've got pretty good communication these days, you can pick up the phone, you can get on a zoom call, you can actually go and see people, let's sort this out.

"That's the growing up part that I don't understand.

"For this to drag out for three weeks, people are just too stubborn, that's all it is. What's three weeks?

"Are we going to go to three months? Is this going to go through the finals? It's not necessary."

Maybe if Billy grew a set and spoke up for the players the stand off would be closer to ending.

No Billy, we really don't give a shit.

I'm probably one of the few that do.

The post-game and player interview footage often contains footage of tries from different angles that aren't shown on the regular broadcast so when you completely take that away because of a strike, that footage goes with it.

The quicker this gets sorted, the better.

I'm probably one of the few that do.

The post-game and player interview footage often contains footage of tries from different angles that aren't shown on the regular broadcast so when you completely take that away because of a strike, that footage goes with it.

The quicker this gets sorted, the better.

Watching the post-games, they have heaps of those alternate angles of the big moments, I don't think we've lost anything at all in that regard.

NRL Media: 'Think of the fans!'
NRL Fans: 'Meh, give us more Marty Taupau'
Media: "We're not bothered at all... but also why the **** is this taking so long... Vlando should step in and sort this out"

More players/teams should start doing their own interviews like Marty.T did.

More entertaining and real than anything the media can dish up.

It would be hilarious if this were the catalyst for that to happen. Like the streamlining of other industries and services, where the middle man (in this case, the media) is cut out and the content is made by the performers themselves, directly for the fans. Someone should come up with this platform and call it something like Direct To The Fans, or For The Fans, or Only The Fans. Something simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • kwomo
  • Sanjit Joseph
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.